What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    They did get rid of 20 iso (after 2 years)

And locked the prologue like we asked for...
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Everybody wants more ISO surprisingly I do as well. But if they gave you 10000 a day for 10 bucks and you max your roster in two months what would you do next?

What's the point of playing a collect them all and power them all up game if you've done it all?

How many video games have you completed to 100% and then carried on playing them (unless it's multiplayer based)?

What I've seen in the last six months to a year has been fantastic from the developers. We've got a vast array of four star characters. We've had new alliance events. We've had a double iso event. We've been given the champion system. We've had a new (ridiculously hard) pve added.

In the first year of play I don't recall hardly any of these huge changes. I remember a few things but it definitely felt like a grind and that 3* was all there was to aim for.

But I for one would rather have every four star cover and then have to worry about who to level instead of a bunch of iso and no covers to level it into.

I can't wait for this package to drop it'll probably get me back into the game especially for the month or so I've bought. Roll in those legendary tokens I currently don't have.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Everybody wants more ISO surprisingly I do as well. But if they gave you 10000 a day for 10 bucks and you max your roster in two months what would you do next?

What's the point of playing a collect them all and power them all up game if you've done it all?

How many video games have you completed to 100% and then carried on playing them (unless it's multiplayer based)?

What I've seen in the last six months to a year has been fantastic from the developers. We've got a vast array of four star characters. We've had new alliance events. We've had a double iso event. We've been given the champion system. We've had a new (ridiculously hard) pve added.

In the first year of play I don't recall hardly any of these huge changes. I remember a few things but it definitely felt like a grind and that 3* was all there was to aim for.

But I for one would rather have every four star cover and then have to worry about who to level instead of a bunch of iso and no covers to level it into.

I can't wait for this package to drop it'll probably get me back into the game especially for the month or so I've bought. Roll in those legendary tokens I currently don't have.

Your first point is well taken. In general, giving players everything they ask for would probably mean that many players would burn through the content and then start complaining about being board with the lack of content.

But your example is just wrong. I have a modestly strong veteran roster (5 4* champs, several more underleveled, about 30 3* champs, and no usable 5*s). My current iso gap is currently in excess of 3 million, and that's on the low side for veteran rosters.

Even at 10k iso a day, I could play for 10 months and still not have enough iso to meet my current needs. That's not counting new releases or additional cover pulls (and I have several 4* @ 10-12 covers. So even pulling a single cover for them increases my iso gap by 40+k).

I think there is an awful lot of space to improve the player experience between "so generous that I will burn through all content on 2 months" and "so stingy that I can play for 300 days and not even cover my current needs."
  • Vhailorx
    JVReal wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

I still hate that they did that. Prologue healing had zero impact on the meta. Was it really hurting their bottom line so badly? If so, then they should not have introduced true healing in a game that wants to monetize health.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Azoth658 wrote:

10000 a day in two months is 600000. This is enough to level 1,5 4*s. Did you read the posts of people about needing 4-12 millions of iso? With distribution of 2-3 new 4*-5* heroes this would be not enough to level NEW heroes.

Is the new "content" you mean not a bit "thin"? One alliance event with the same mechanic only other bosses, a double iso event (wow, this must be hard to code!), a pve system with always the same enemies and the same progress-punishing-covering-the-lack-of-content-through-scaling-the-same-enemies system (wow), vast of 4*s which means every token gets more result-diversity so you cannot count to get a specific char fullcovered (wow). The champion-system came up with a (first kept secret) nerf of 2*s and 3*s, which hits all people hard, who work for beeing in 4* land, because in pvp the 4*s are a big wall now and behind this wall are the 4*cover and the 25cp, but these are now the rewards for just the people who are already behind the wall.

And for this:
    "How many video games have you completed to 100% and then carried on playing them (unless it's multiplayer based)?"

The joke is: Everyone has completed the game to 100% because all the content is just scaled. And because of this scaling you have to use certain heroes and others not, because they lack of abilities/synergies etc. So what you mean has just happened long before.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    10K additional a day would take me well over 2 years to 'catch up' to the covers currently rostered. yes it would be way too much for earlier portions of progression (through early 4* transition) but later on, most vet rosters that are leveling 4s and getting them mostly covered, an extra 10K a day (or even double iso to whatever we currently earn) would not be inappropriate. my shortage on my covers on my roster is well past 8 million. no I don't want to be able to level everyone and finish, but a little faster rate than the current snail's pace would be GREAT!
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I'm still not convinced or satisfied if im paying money monthly for this the rewards need to be better you only get 2 legendary tokens? That's a joke man. open up a slot instead, give some legendary covers, your guys know what the ppl want and what you guys want, let's meet half way and we all be happy and it only improves the game.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

10000 a day in two months is 600000. This is enough to level 1,5 4*s. Did you read the posts of people about needing 4-12 millions of iso? With distribution of 2-3 new 4*-5* heroes this would be not enough to level NEW heroes.

I know I read posts from people saying they "need" millions to max level all the toons. The thing is, this game is not designed for that need, and it's never going to be. It's part RPG, which means you have to make choices on your investments. You simply don't get to have it all - the super whales don't even have everyone max champed after spending thousands upon thousands of real money. If you want it all, you're going to be wanting forever and you're always going to be unhappy. I don't think this is the fault of the developers at all.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

i never saw anything wrong with prologue healing before "true healing", if u wanted to do it and save health packs good for u, no one forcing you to do it.
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    I am confused. If I miss a day does it still expire after 28 days? or do I get to go to 29 and collect it? I read that I do not lose that reward, but it still seems to read as a 28 day limit.
  • Vhailorx
    Keegan wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

I know I read posts from people saying they "need" millions to max level all the toons. The thing is, this game is not designed for that need, and it's never going to be. It's part RPG, which means you have to make choices on your investments. You simply don't get to have it all - the super whales don't even have everyone max champed after spending thousands upon thousands of real money. If you want it all, you're going to be wanting forever and you're always going to be unhappy. I don't think this is the fault of the developers at all.

The game does not give out covers and iso at an even rate. Covers come slow early on, and iso comes slow later on. But the game requires players to have both to progress.

And the game is about building a roster. There is nothing else to do; it makes no sense to say that we aren't supposed to level everyone eventually.

And it's not like I am advocating for millions of iso every week. The game right now is laughably tight on iso. Grinding hard on every pve and PvP event +LRs only yields 30k or so per day (and that's a lot of grinding) and that is just barely enough to keep up with the release rate of 1 4* (or about 370k more iso needed) every two weeks. But it's a 5* world now and they require a while lot more iso. The longer you okay, the weaker your roster becomes relative to its potential strength because there is never enough iso. And at $100 for less than 80k iso (!!!!!), it's not easy to fill that gap with cash.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    JD Geek wrote:
    I am confused. If I miss a day does it still expire after 28 days? or do I get to go to 29 and collect it? I read that I do not lose that reward, but it still seems to read as a 28 day limit.
    It's 28 days played, not 28 consecutive days.
  • Keegan
    Vhailorx wrote:
    The game does not give out covers and iso at an even rate. Covers come slow early on, and iso comes slow later on. But the game requires players to have both to progress.

Yes, by design, because you are supposed to make choices.
    And the game is about building a roster. There is nothing else to do; it makes no sense to say that we aren't supposed to level everyone eventually.

I guess ultimately it's that this doesn't make sense to me - that you're suppose to level everyone eventually - because it is impossible to ever do*. Why would one set an impossible goal? It's about building a solid roster of select characters, not all characters, while potentially having everyone rostered.

*without ceasing to release new characters, which will not happen
  • Vhailorx
    Keegan:

1) it's not impossible to roster everyone. Its expensive and or time consuming but possible.

2) it's basically not possible to level everyone at any given time without spending $ once you reach the 5* tier (the covers and releases just come too fast).

3) No one in this thread (so far as I have seen) is suggesting that f2p players should be able to level characters as fast as they are rostered. What people wNt to be able to level more than 1 new 4* a month IF they grind their fingers down to the bone, and don't spend on anything else.

It seems like there should be plenty of room for a compromise solution that lets players level 4*s and 5* faster without trivializing progression.

About 1 year ago demiurge lowered the cost of leveling 3*s significantly, just as the endgame meta moved to to 4* land.

It's LONG past time to make another change and demcratize the 4* tier.
  • Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I think/wish they'd give out permanent ISO boosts as an annual gift. So on day 365 you get a 1.5x or 2x permanent ISO boost to ALL ISO. On day 730 it goes up to 2x or 3x and on day 1065 it's a 2.5x or 4x boost and so on. This way early players get the same as always and vets are rewarded and earn extra ISO for the extra demand at the higher levels.

Unfortunately, the primary rewards you are getting from VIP (save for the 10k ISO, which doesn't even scratch the surface) only exasperates the ISO shortage.
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Dalbok - that is a great idea!!
  • Keegan
    I wasn't suggesting it's impossible to roster everyone; it's quite possible, I'm at a lot myself. I'm saying it's impossible to max level everyone, and there are repeated posts where people say essentially that the devs owe the players the iso to level everyone. Not owe in the sense of give, but owe in the sense of making it rain iso in exchange for playing the game. I'm saying that is never going to happen.

They're helping players get more iso to make choices but it will almost always come with a cost, whether it's purely financial (such as ten USD a month) or the price of selling the work put into other toons, or other ways that are under development that Lakestone mentioned in this thread as well. Lowering leveling costs of threes was another example, as you mention. There will just never be something as dramatic as what people would like. Expect to see more incremental improvements, and I think the VIP system is one of them.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    What if VIP removed (or greatly reduced) the skip tax?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    3) No one in this thread (so far as I have seen) is suggesting that f2p players should be able to level characters as fast as they are rostered. What people wNt to be able to level more than 1 new 4* a month IF they grind their fingers down to the bone, and don't spend on anything else.

It seems like there should be plenty of room for a compromise solution that lets players level 4*s and 5* faster without trivializing progression.

Given the rate of new releases, the sensible level of iso gain should be enough to level two 4*s a month i.e. you don't fall further behind after that month's new 4* releases and if you spend money on iso it will be closing the gap rather than reducing the rate at which the gap increases.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dalbok wrote:
    I think/wish they'd give out permanent ISO boosts as an annual gift. So on day 365 you get a 1.5x or 2x permanent ISO boost to ALL ISO. On day 730 it goes up to 2x or 3x and on day 1065 it's a 2.5x or 4x boost and so on. This way early players get the same as always and vets are rewarded and earn extra ISO for the extra demand at the higher levels.

They should give out iso boosts based on need and not simply based on days played since it needlessly penalises people who have progressed faster than expected, which would include people who have spent money and helped to support this game's existence.

A boost based on the number of unique characters or total levels on a roster would be a fairer way to decide who needed a boost to iso gain or you could do what has been suggested in other threads, which is scaling iso rewards in pve i.e. if you are facing level 400 enemies then you should be getting more iso than the person facing level 100 enemies.