What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Keegan wrote:
    If rewards are unclaimed, do they disappear or are they put in a bundle delivery somehow that is in a vault?
    The way they are describing the VIP process, it sounds like it works exactly like the SHIELD Resupply:
    LakeStone wrote:
    What happens if I don’t log in one day?
    You will not lose a reward if you miss a day. Once you log in and claim that day’s reward, the next day will continue normally.
    The way I interpret that, the 28-day length of VIP are 28 days in which you play MPQ, like the SHIELD Resupply works. If you miss a day of playing in Resupply (you're on Day 300, for example) and don't play for two days, the next day you do play you're then on the next day in the Resupply (Day 301 to continue the example).

Maybe LakeStone or another red can clarify this, but that's how I'm reading it. So if you go on vacation on Day 5 of your VIP program and don't play for a few days, the next time you do play you will be on Day 6 of VIP, and will then continue to get your VIP rewards as they're scheduled.

Okay, right, this makes sense then. Purchase 28 days of rewards, you get 28 days of rewards, not calendar days, but days played. Thanks, I couldn't think it through for some reason.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's something I would add to VIP. Always get a full slate of seed teams in PVP (LR, Sim, and standard events) regardless of when you join.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    We'll need to see what the rewards actually are, but based on the survey, doing this 10 times (U.S. equivalent to a Stark/Motherlode) gets you 100,000 iso (22k more than a Motherlode) but 7,000 HP (13k less than a Stark). Sure, you have to wait 280 days to accumulate it all, but you're also getting CP/Tokens. That seems strange, although I guess it's mostly indicative of the store's pricing discrepancy.

One improvement/future enhancement idea: let us customize or at least choose pre-set, different VIP packages. That is, have one where I'm getting more ISO, but less on CP. Or maybe I want mostly LTs. I'm up in the air in its current construction, but I'd be a lock if I could have my incoming resources change based on where I'm at in the game.
  • Psuwildthing
    Psuwildthing Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    This only works if the VIP had its separate area for over as pvp giving people less competition that subscribe and also makes it fair fit those who don't. Also roster slots would be nice
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    LakeStone wrote:
    VIP will start on June 20th (Once R103 goes live)

What is VIP?
    VIPs get 28 days of exclusive benefits. The benefits include faster recovery time and 28 days of bonus rewards.

How do I become a VIP?
    In the top right hand corner and below you current Iso-8, Hero Points and Command Points is a button to take you to the VIP screen. Once there, there’s a button at the bottom upgrade to a VIP.

How much does does it cost to upgrade to a VIP?
    $9.99 (or region equivalent) for 28 days.

What are the benefits of being a VIP?
    Just for signing up, you will get a Legendary Token. While you are a VIP, your characters will recover 25% faster. Finally, each day you are VIP you will receive a bonus reward for logging in that day.

Does the faster recovery time affect both downed and injured characters?
    Yes! The bonus will apply to both downed and injured recovery times.

What kind of bonus rewards can I get?
    Each day you will get an item from a predetermined list. You can see this list in game by tapping the VIP button. Items that you can get include Legendary Tokens, Heroic Tokens, Command Points Hero Points and Iso-8.

You will not lose a reward if you miss a day. Once you log in and claim that day’s reward, the next day will continue normally.

What happens when my VIP status expires?
    The day after your VIP Status expires, you will be given the option to renew and become a VIP again. Once you renew, you gain all the benefits of being a VIP and the 28 bonus rewards starts all over.

Source: https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... hat-is-vip

Question about the screenshot: there is 1000 iso, 100 hp, 1 heroic token, commandpoints (cant be seen how much), above is written "play 28 days to claim:". Does that mean, these are the complete rewards for 28 days? Or is this the daily supply? (so we talk about 28000 iso, 2800 hp, 28 tokens, and x (minimum 28) commandpoints?

In the first case this is far far under the offer in the survey. In the second its not that bad. But the 25% regeneration is a joke, really. No one will profit from that.

VIP should be:
    - double iso
    - guaranteed full seed teams in pvp
    - guaranteed 2* drops in pvp (no 1*, no 70 iso, 140 iso, 250 iso, so if doubled iso is on, this will just cause in a better possibility to rechamp 2*s, not in a higher iso-flow)
    - reset of prolouge
    - plus 5 healthpacks (15 instead of 10)
    - healthpack regeneration up by 30%
    - whatever you want to give us from the second case described above.

i mean, why not, players are in need for MILLIONS of iso, which you really expect to be buyed for thousands of dollars?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    This only works if the VIP had its separate area for over as pvp giving people less competition that subscribe and also makes it fair fit those who don't. Also roster slots would be nice

This is what other games do, but it is a one time purchase. Other games say if you spend $5, $10 you get VIP access to special events, extra worlds to play, and more gameplay. If you don't buy you get access to similar gameplay, but the rewards are less, and the developers spend more time on these VIP's and the true FTP player gets the standard game play.

This VIP isn't really VIP it is buying resources plain and simple. I would rather $10 for access to 4* PVP, double ISO events, daily LR. That is VIP compared to this. This feels like a Popeye and Whimpy. ''I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!" The hamburger is our money, and the pay is extra daily rewards.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    tizian2015 wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:

What is VIP?
    VIPs get 28 days of exclusive benefits. The benefits include faster recovery time and 28 days of bonus rewards.

How do I become a VIP?
    In the top right hand corner and below you current Iso-8, Hero Points and Command Points is a button to take you to the VIP screen. Once there, there’s a button at the bottom upgrade to a VIP.

Just for signing up, you will get a Legendary Token. While you are a VIP, your characters will recover 25% faster. Finally, each day you are VIP you will receive a bonus reward for logging in that day.

Each day you will get an item from a predetermined list. You can see this list in game by tapping the VIP button. Items that you can get include Legendary Tokens, Heroic Tokens, Command Points Hero Points and Iso-8.

The day after your VIP Status expires, you will be given the option to renew and become a VIP again. Once you renew, you gain all the benefits of being a VIP and the 28 bonus rewards starts all over.

Question about the screenshot: there is 1000 iso, 100 hp, 1 heroic token, commandpoints (cant be seen how much), above is written "play 28 days to claim:". Does that mean, these are the complete rewards for 28 days? Or is this the daily supply? (so we talk about 28000 iso, 2800 hp, 28 tokens, and x (minimum 28) commandpoints?

In the first case this is far far under the offer in the survey. In the second its not that bad. But the 25% regeneration is a joke, really. No one will profit from that.

VIP should be:
    - double iso
    - guaranteed 2* drops in pvp (no 1*, no 70 iso, 140 iso, 250 iso, so if doubled iso is on, this will just cause in a better possibility to rechamp 2*s, not in a higher iso-flow)
    - reset of prolouge

i mean, why not, players are in need for MILLIONS of iso, which you really expect to be buyed for thousands of dollars?
    That is crazy, I don't want to be playing more than the 3-4 hour a day. 10 health packs is enough, No need to fix the health pack regeneration rate either. Please don't make it more grindy than it already is. Instead of health packs, maybe just give then a 150 points head start in pvp.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    This VIP isn't really VIP it is buying resources plain and simple. I would rather $10 for access to 4* PVP, double ISO events, daily LR. That is VIP compared to this. This feels like a Popeye and Whimpy. ''I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!" The hamburger is our money, and the pay is extra daily rewards.

Seconded. This is no different than buying a Logan. $20 gets you 2900HP and 1CP, now $10 gets you a whole bunch of stuff spread over 28 days.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, what a kick to the nether-regions.

I guess the whales weren't whaling enough, so now they can whale more and run over everyone else in the meantime.

Faster recovery won't matter much in PVP, glad I don't run PVE.

But with all the complaints about RNG, this is the solution huh? Get those who pay more to have higher RNG chances? As if buy clubs weren't a thing and didn't create this huge tiered problem already.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not including a % increase on iso gains is a mistake here. That's the thing that would have sold me right away. As it is now - eh? Maybe. I'll prob do it once and get covers I can't use/don't want and never do it again. But hey, if we all just do it once then that's probably mission accomplished for the devs.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Is it telling that the post has only been up an hour, we're already on page 3 of comments, and there hasn't been one like on the OP so far?
  • __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    tizian2015 wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:

What is VIP?

How do I become a VIP?

VIP should be:
    - double iso
    - reset of prolouge

I think it's 4 of the 28 days as it seems fairly in line w/the survey. If those were the same rewards repeated 7X

7CP (assuming it's 1 cp)
    7000 ISO
    700 HP
    7 Heroic Tokens

Now i don't think that would be the *actual* rewards as the survey included 2 LTs, etc., but I think we're seeing 4/28ths of a month's worth of VIP rewards.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I'm more concerned about the 28 days. Its not february for a whole year you know. So what will be happening with the other 2-3 days of the month after the 28 is completed? The whole month, means whatever amount of days is in it. Not partial.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    alvinlal wrote:
    I'm more concerned about the 28 days. Its not february for a whole year you know. So what will be happening with the other 2-3 days of the month after the 28 is completed? The whole month, means whatever amount of days is in it. Not partial.

On day 28 you will be given the option to renew for another 28 days. Rinse and repeat.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    alvinlal wrote:

On day 28 you will be given the option to renew for another 28 days. Rinse and repeat.

gotcha, they still could have gone 30 days. I would rather them bring back the buy cover options. this is too much.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    LakeStone wrote:

What is VIP?

What's in the list!? What's in the list!?

Another typical announcement leaving out the thing we'd like to know most.

I really hope the "predetermined" list takes into account a players current days played. The normal daily supply list gets better over time, so should this.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    what a dumb idea. I agree that any increase in ISO, and you have my attention.

OR

Why not something like this: every token you pull, you get a choice of that character's color while a VIP. That way: you are a VIP? no more wasted cover pulls. This does not eliminate the problem with RNG, as you could still pull a CHulk or IW with a LT, but can you imagine being a VIP and getting your 6th cover of a 4* character? Doesn't scream "very important" to me. The idea of a "rainbow" cover pull has been thrown out there many times.

I mean the possibilities are endless. VIP could mean you could turn any unwanted 4* cover into a LT, essentially a re-do on the pull (even if you were lucky enough to get the 4* without using a LT). This not only further incentivizes champing of 3* characters, but also helps fill out a roster better and get rid of waste. Limit it to 10 re-do's per 28 day cycle if you want (or 1 every 3 days, however you want it done), you think people wouldn't be signing up for a whole year?

Any way you could possibly help reduce the RNG situation by buying a VIP, I would easily spend money on that. Right now? Sounds incredibly dumb, furthering the "wage gap" that already exists in the game. This won't help me improve my roster one bit, it will only allow the people with the best rosters to laugh at the rest of us more-so. If someone was smart enough to make this game and market it, how is there no one smart enough to actually give users what they truly want?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind ISO not being in there - that should be a game standard, for every player.

If it had a "Your MMR/Scaling is now ignored!" .... that's about the only way I'd think of playing.

Tip to devs - VIP is pretty snobby, every casual/non-payer apparently not important to you eh? Your game doesn't exist without the freemium content for the whales, all of your players are important.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Crnch73 wrote:
    what a dumb idea. I agree that any increase in ISO, and you have my attention.

OR

Why not something like this: every token you pull, you get a choice of that character's color while a VIP. That way: you are a VIP? no more wasted cover pulls. This does not eliminate the problem with RNG, as you could still pull a CHulk or IW with a LT, but can you imagine being a VIP and getting your 6th cover of a 4* character? Doesn't scream "very important" to me. The idea of a "rainbow" cover pull has been thrown out there many times.

I mean the possibilities are endless. VIP could mean you could turn any unwanted 4* cover into a LT, essentially a re-do on the pull (even if you were lucky enough to get the 4* without using a LT). This not only further incentivizes champing of 3* characters, but also helps fill out a roster better and get rid of waste. Limit it to 10 re-do's per 28 day cycle if you want (or 1 every 3 days, however you want it done), you think people wouldn't be signing up for a whole year?

Any way you could possibly help reduce the RNG situation by buying a VIP, I would easily spend money on that. Right now? Sounds incredibly dumb, furthering the "wage gap" that already exists in the game. This won't help me improve my roster one bit, it will only allow the people with the best rosters to laugh at the rest of us more-so. If someone was smart enough to make this game and market it, how is there no one smart enough to actually give users what they truly want?

Ignoring how you chose to start your proposal...

What your proposed VIP system does is truly create a paying tier of player that will outclass the F2P folks. This is horribly unfair in a much further direction than the one that is being implemented does. No thanks.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    VIP.... access to a special new area? New content new features... ? No.

Same prizes that you can get from normal play, just a tiny bit more of them? Ding ding ding ding!!!

Spending $10/month for a few months quickly adds up to the price you'd pay for a top level console game. For what? The ability to have a few characters that instantly get crushed in pve to your lv 400 - 500 opponents? If my phone wasn't so fragile and pricey, I'd have thrown it into the wall hundreds of times by now.