What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Crnch73 wrote:
    how is there no one smart enough to actually give users what they truly want?

Also, giving users what they truly want is a stupid idea for the life of a game. If you get what you want all the time, you'll become bored and stop playing. Guaranteed way to kill a game.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    alvinlal wrote:
    alvinlal wrote:
    I'm more concerned about the 28 days. Its not february for a whole year you know. So what will be happening with the other 2-3 days of the month after the 28 is completed? The whole month, means whatever amount of days is in it. Not partial.

On day 28 you will be given the option to renew for another 28 days. Rinse and repeat.

gotcha, they still could have gone 30 days. I would rather them bring back the buy cover options. this is too much.

You'll have to wait until the VIP sale where for the same price of $9.99 you get a BONUS 3 DAYS.

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    MojoWild wrote:
    Is it telling that the post has only been up an hour, we're already on page 3 of comments, and there hasn't been one like on the OP so far?

Oooh, 2 likes now on the OP in 3 hours...I don;t see many buying (into) this
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Keegan wrote:

What your proposed VIP system does is truly create a paying tier of player that will outclass the F2P folks. This is horribly unfair in a much further direction than the one that is being implemented does. No thanks.

Spoken like a person with no ideas on how to improve the system, but plenty of words on how others' ideas are bad... Thank you for your help, now go back to being useful and start staring in the corner again.

An idea to improve the system is if some folks here didn't decide that they had free reign to be unabashedly rude to each other and to other players. If you wonder why devs don't communicate, things like you just wrote is why. Improve the system by not being a jerk.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Keegan wrote:

An idea to improve the system is if some folks here didn't decide that they had free reign to be unabashedly rude to each other and to other players. If you wonder why devs don't communicate, things like you just wrote is why. Improve the system by not being a jerk.

Thanks. Helpful as always. You've been so kind the whole way as well. Time to pack it up and move it along, champ.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    There are dozens (literally) posts about how bad 3* -> 4* transition is, or how little ISO do we have. Dozens of very good suggestion of both simple and complex entertaining features, that could this problem.
    Results? Feature alowing us to sell maxed champs (good feature, but doesnt add new ISO, just give back the old one). This new VIP system, that gives what? New covers? More CP (aka new covers)? Hero points (used to get... wait, more covers)?
    It would be way better if VIP system contained double ISO gain for those 28 days. Right now it seems, they try to sell us tons of covers that will be sold, or used to heroes, who will never be upgraded (again, thanks to lack of ISO).

If DEVs really wanted to give us more ISO, or at least scale it according to our need or our roster, it would already happen.
  • How was this posted without the actual rewards included?
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    so much fail, try again.

How much of this was surveyed and tested with your current players?

My guess is 0
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh Shulk, waddup Demiurge_Fan here again, fellow gamers!

What a cool new feature!

Word to your mothers.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    I may do it, i may not, depends on what I see in the rewards. However, some things people are asking for are just not going to happen. 2x iso for a month? If you earn just 100000 iso/day, thats 280000 iso over the course of a month for them to double. Thats about $400 worth of iso (not exact, oh well) and you want it for 9.99? Its just not going to happen. I would like to see health packs rather than characters health regenerate quicker. Also, if youre giving us LT, let us use it for newest OR classics. Better yet, eliminate the LT and go all CP. Im still working on the first 3 5*, never mind the next 4. Let me use my token where I want, dont split the 5* progression or ill never get there.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    does the 28 days repeat? or new rewards

and by the way NO VIP on steam
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 35
    so what you are saying.... is that for the low low price of $120 a year I can have my 5* iron man fully heal himself in 4 hours instead of 5 and a half, get more covers I dont have slots for AND make the game harder for myself by leveling up my roster?! Well gee golly! Ya sold me on this one Mista!!!!!
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Throw in "0% chance to pull a Cho" and I would maybe consider it. Well, actually, probably not even then.

I wonder what the results were for that last in-game survey concerning this new VIP thingy? Be interesting to know if there was actual support for this, or whether they were going ahead regardless.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    How was this posted without the actual rewards included?

they want 1 person to actually buy VIP so they can post the list.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not April 1st yet this seems like an amazing piss-take.
  • killerkoala
    alvinlal wrote:
    I'm more concerned about the 28 days. Its not february for a whole year you know. So what will be happening with the other 2-3 days of the month after the 28 is completed? The whole month, means whatever amount of days is in it. Not partial.

the year can be kinda divided by every 4 week, it would be close to 13 * (28 days)= 264. so u get to be a V.I.P. 13 times year instead of 12.icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • killerkoala
    Thank You very much for the communication. it's better to know upcoming features than it being a surprise. i think everyone is still wondering:

1) what would be the total for playing all 28 days and getting every prize?
    2) or is it random daily prize (1cp, 1k iso, 100 hp, or heroic token)?

and also i would like to know if u renew ur next 28 days:

3) do u also get a legendary or is it a 1 time sign up bonus?

thanks again for the communication heads up.
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 35
    alvinlal wrote:

the year can be kinda divided by every 4 week, it would be close to 13 * (28 days)= 264. so u get to be a V.I.P. 13 times year instead of 12.icon_e_biggrin.gif

They did this with the health boost as well, it was one of the first things I noticed when I started playing the game. I was like "36 minutes per health pack? why not just an even 30 minutes?" Then I did the math and found that it allowed them to squeeze another hour out of full health regeneration. Much like that this allows them to squeeze another $10 a year from players who truly aspire to upgrade their roster so that level scaling can beat them down unmercifully into a sad state of anger and remorse.
  • killerkoala
    is there a way we can see results from that survey of what we would like from monthly buy program?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Hello,

Here are the rewards:
    0 Legendary Token
    1 1000 ISO
    2 100 HP
    3 Heroic Token
    4 3 CP
    5 1000 ISO
    6 100 HP
    7 Heroic Token
    8 1000 ISO
    9 500 ISO
    10 100 HP
    11 500 ISO
    12 3 CP
    13 Legendary Token
    14 100 HP
    15 Heroic Token
    16 1000 ISO
    17 500 ISO
    18 100 HP
    19 Heroic Token
    20 3 CP
    21 1000 ISO
    22 100 HP
    23 Heroic Token
    24 1000 ISO
    25 1000 ISO
    26 100 HP
    27 Heroic Token
    28 1500 ISO

The player does not have to login each day one after the other, you can skip a few days and move to the next day. I'm not sure the exact amount of inactive days you skip before coming back to get the next reward though.

Much more is being worked on, this was a system that finished now and will give players who want it a chance for more stuff. We can't wait to share the other things we are working on with you.

icon_greengoblin.png cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png