Game Updates: 5-Star Rates & Iso

Options

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,371 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, first off: I really like the increased selling price for maxed champions. It was way overdue. Thanks!

However, may I also request another feature? Selling off and re-rostering a character just to be able to restart the champion cycle seems overly complicated. So please give us a way to do that without having to sell them.

Consider that it will also cripple your roster while you get the covers to covermax them again. For 'lower' players, having some 2*s gone will really hurt. (Personally being in early 3*-4* transition I still use a selected few 2* champs a lot). In 3* land (or up) it gets even worse. Both the impact on your roster as well as the time it takes to covermax them again. (It's been almost a year since I restarted playing and I still don't have some of my 3* characters max-covered).
    So if I ever maxchamp, say, IM40, I definitely do not want to spend months getting 13 covers for him in the right colors again before I even have a chance to restart the champion thing.

So could you also give us an option to reset the champion cycle without having to sell them off? Even if they are reset to level 94/166/(whatever it is for 4*s), I think it would be preferable in case you just want to restart the championing and are not selling them for their ISO. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the increase in sell value for championed 2*. I'd wondered how I'd take advantage of it.

One option was to simply sell them all and start again, but of course then that makes 2* essentials in PvE and Daily Deadpool somewhat more of a challenge.

Another was to roster new versions, and once each had 13 covers sell the max champion and champion the new. But that's an upfront cost of 1000 HP per character, up to 14 of them, if you count Bagman, and with a Legendary token at the end of his championing, who wouldn't.

In the end I decided to forego long-term goals and go for instant gratification, treating it like "release the equity in your 2*". Get a Rocket cover from Daily Deadpool, but still need 70k ISO to level and champion him? Simply sell a max-championed 2* (or two). I'm keeping my three most useful 2* for now (Thor, OBW, Hawkeye), but the rest are now slowly, oh so slowly, going to be rebuilt.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I like the increase in sell value for championed 2*. I'd wondered how I'd take advantage of it.

One option was to simply sell them all and start again, but of course then that makes 2* essentials in PvE and Daily Deadpool somewhat more of a challenge.

Another was to roster new versions, and once each had 13 covers sell the max champion and champion the new. But that's an upfront cost of 1000 HP per character, up to 14 of them, if you count Bagman, and with a Legendary token at the end of his championing, who wouldn't.

In the end I decided to forego long-term goals and go for instant gratification, treating it like "release the equity in your 2*". Get a Rocket cover from Daily Deadpool, but still need 70k ISO to level and champion him? Simply sell a max-championed 2* (or two). I'm keeping my three most useful 2* for now (Thor, OBW, Hawkeye), but the rest are now slowly, oh so slowly, going to be rebuilt.

Actually it would only be 1000 HP total if you do one character at a time. I was already working toward replacing Ares with 2* Captain Marvel as my 5th main roster 2 star. I've also been lucky with the last couple 2* essentials being people I keep rostered so I've been able to just use my temp roster spot for her so far. That'll change after Venom Bomb, but hopefully she'll be close to fully covered by then so I can sell off Ares.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/6 from classics now, so I'll shut up now - increased rates are clearly working.

Not too thrilled that the one 5* I pulled was a Bagsurfer Black, but them's the breaks icon_e_smile.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Another was to roster new versions, and once each had 13 covers sell the max champion and champion the new. But that's an upfront cost of 1000 HP per character, up to 14 of them, if you count Bagman, and with a Legendary token at the end of his championing, who wouldn't
    My plan is to wait till I've got enough covers of a character I want to re do in my queue to be useful (hold out for 10+ maybe, depending on how much Pvp is dropping them for me), sell them, then reroster immediately and build back up with the iso from selling. As long as I've a couple of strong ones for ddq, I'll be fine with that.
  • aissi
    aissi Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    But, is the scaling issues fixed so that I can open my LT/CP, or will getting ie. 3 different 5-stars screw me over? (I have 18 champed 3-stars, lvl 180-166)
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    7/130 on Classic pulls (5.3% for 5 stars). That would be 12 5* covers behind someone getting the average 15%. My luck was terrible with 10% rate and seems even worse with 15% rate.

I do like the increased ISO though.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Codex wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

You can now start Championing your characters (and earning all the rewards!) all over again without having to spend the whole amount of Iso-8 required to fully level a character.

Thanks for playing. We hope you find the changes beneficial!

Can we get clarification on this. Doesn't seem to be in game currently

Also wanting clarification.
    Does that mean if I, for example, sell my level 144 Storm, if I get a Storm cover she'll be 1/0/0 level 94? Do I need to find 13 Storm covers and she'll automatically hit the maximum possible level for those covers without needing to spend ISO?
    No, basically it's like selling any other characters. We'd still need to use iso to level her up again.

You sure? The bolded part doesn't suggest that.
    It's a kinda weird statement. It suggests either you can champion a character before maxing them out...or you can et them to level 94 without spending ISO...or maybe "the whole amount" means you can level at a discount so instead of 69k+ it takes...50K?

Hense we're asking for clarification.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    You sure? The bolded part doesn't suggest that.
    It's a kinda weird statement. It suggests either you can champion a character before maxing them out...or you can et them to level 94 without spending ISO...or maybe "the whole amount" means you can level at a discount so instead of 69k+ it takes...50K?

Hence we're asking for clarification.
    Yup. If you look at my roster now (we're in the same bracket for the Simulator), I'm now down to only 3 2*s at 144, I've sold 8 of the others. If I want to level any of them, they still cost the same amount of iso, I think. I can confirm when I got one of them to 13 covers. Ares is half way there with 7 already and it takes 13138 iso to level him up to 47. Comparing the cost of levelling the others to 23 or 17 with the list on the wiki page also confirms there's no change in the levelling cost.

I think the bolded part just meant that we could now get 65k iso instead of 12.5k from selling the 2* character. So, instead of needing around 57k iso to rebuild a champion, we'd only need 4.5k (+5k for the championing fee)

Except the first quote was from someone saying "This doesn't seem to exist yet".

So if it's a feature they're planning, like "If you've already champed a character and maxed them out, you can sell them and their ISO cost for levelling up will be 0" then some clarification as to if that's the case and when it's coming in would be nice. Because saying "Without spending ISO to level them up" isn't true since you make a net loss on the 66K ISO you got from selling them since you need 69K to max them out from level 15 to 94 and then more still to champ them.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    the Daily Iso change alone is enough for me.. that's 2k a day, for a year+.. Over 700k iso a year, 9+ Mother Lodes, basically $1k in iso for FREE.. how in the heck can anyone complain about this???

Another way of looking at that is that it takes $500 worth of iso to max a single 4* so clearly they are charging way too much for iso.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like the changings. The first update i like so far. Thx alot for that!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Codex wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

You can now start Championing your characters (and earning all the rewards!) all over again without having to spend the whole amount of Iso-8 required to fully level a character.

Does that mean if I, for example, sell my level 144 Storm, if I get a Storm cover she'll be 1/0/0 level 94? Do I need to find 13 Storm covers and she'll automatically hit the maximum possible level for those covers without needing to spend ISO?

Because if you're adding the ability to sell a 2* character for 66K ISO with the limit of needing to max them out again before selling them, but it requires NO ISO to get them to level 144 again, just covers...then this could be the greatest new feature ever and I'll sell off all my 2*s immediately.

Sorry to bump this back up again, but I would really, really like some clarification on this dev post above^
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Codex wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Because if you're adding the ability to sell a 2* character for 66K ISO with the limit of needing to max them out again before selling them, but it requires NO ISO to get them to level 144 again, just covers...then this could be the greatest new feature ever and I'll sell off all my 2*s immediately.

Sorry to bump this back up again, but I would really, really like some clarification on this dev post above^
    Selling the 2* for 65K ISO guarantees you have to re-roster them and build up from the bottom. I sold my 2* Captain Marvel, and she has a black and yellow cover now at level 15.
    15no4e.jpg
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you sell a max championed 2* you get 65k.

When you reroster that same character you then have 65k towards levelling that character.

When you re roster you will have a 1 cover level 15 2*.

Hope that helps
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Remember when I was 2/7 after the new higher draw rate?

I've gone 0/18 since then, and am 2/24, that's 8,3% at an expected draw rate of 15%.

So I'm back at drawing at half the rate I should be, after being under 5% in the old system.

Screw theoretical higher draw rates, what this game needs is a streak breaker.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

I've gone 0/18 since then, and am 2/24, that's 8,3% at an expected draw rate of 15%.

So I'm back at drawing at half the rate I should be, after being under 5% in the old system.

I wouldn't rush to get your 5* tier covered. Its a dull wasteland of match damage fights and over scaled pve enemies.

Personally I have little to no interest in that tier since its mostly about who does the most damage. I find the 4* tier and it's new system of one character to counter another more interesting. I do like goblin and black suit spidey though.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't rush to get your 5* tier covered. Its a dull wasteland of match damage fights and over scaled pve enemies.

Personally I have little to no interest in that tier since its mostly about who does the most damage. I find the 4* tier and it's new system of one character to counter another more interesting. I do like goblin and black suit spidey though.

PVE is overscaled enemies for most people, the fights may not be just match damage, but they are just as one-dimensional since scaling means you are basically forced into using either the boosted characters or a gimmick team like winfinite.

The idea that rng screwing you is a positive thing is almost as laughable an idea as endgame progression being rng-based.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

I have a level 420 OML.
    I'm already in the 5* tier, but am unable to finish my chars thanks to RNG.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Here’s some helpful info from the developers that we hope you will enjoy:

“With today's daily patch, we have made some changes to the stores and increased the Iso-8 you can earn in a few places. The specific details are outlined below:

Increased Odds of 5-Stars in Legendary Packs

We have increased the chance to get a 5-Star in Latest and Classic Legends packs to 15% (up from 10%). The chance to get a specific 5-Star in Latest Legends packs will be 5% (up from 3.33%) and 3.75% in Classic Legends packs (up from 3.33%).

New Characters Added to Stores

Starting with Season XXVIII, Winter Soldier and War Machine will be added to Event and Legendary packs.

The Latest Legends packs will be replacing Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Spider-Man (Back in Black) with Steve Rogers (First Avenger) and Iron Man (Mark XLVI). Spider-Man (Back in Black) will be added to the Classic Legends packs.

Increased Sell-Back Prices for Max Champion Level Characters

We have increased the sell-back price of Max Champion level characters to better reflect the investment that has been made into that character. You can now start Championing your characters (and earning all the rewards!) all over again without having to spend the whole amount of Iso-8 required to fully level a character.
      Lv 144 2-Star:
    65,000 Iso-8 (Up from 17,500 Iso-8)
    Lv 266 3-Star: 105,000 Iso-8 (Up from 45,000 Iso-8)
    Lv 370 4-Star: 320,000 Iso-8 (Up from 90,000 Iso-8)
    Lv 550 5-Star: 500,000 Iso-8 (Up from 180,000 Iso-8)

Increased the Amount of Iso-8 Received from the Daily Alliance Bonus

We increased the amount of Iso-8 you receive for each member of your Alliance that played that day to 100 Iso-8 (up from 10 Iso-8). The maximum amount of Iso-8 you can gain this way per day will be 2,000 Iso-8 (up from 200 Iso-8).”

Forgot to tell us, the 2* droprate in pvp was lowered?
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    So what's going to happen when they release another 5*. Will the classic 5* rate increase again like last time. Or will the odds for each individual character lower to keep the 5* star draw rate at 15%?

I hate gambling on these things. Last time I lost because I was sure it was going to be less percentage for an old man logan. I am divided on whether to open tokens before the new 5* or after. On the one hand oml rate may drop. On the other hand. Green goblin gets moved to classics!