Game Updates: 5-Star Rates & Iso

Options

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    revskip wrote:
    Gotta love this forum. Devs address two major bugaboos which are constantly complained about ISO shortage and 5* pull rates. Rather than a thread where everyone is thankful for the fixes the majority of response are "Boo hoo, you should have told us sooner". And then people wonder why they don't post.

My sincere thanks to the devs for the extra iso, the better sell rates and the increased pull rates.

People can be supportive and appreciative of changes while being critical of the less than optimal way in which they are being communicated at the same time, and pointing out the latter does not invalidate the former, and in the long run helps out the devs and their self-admitted problems with communicating more than simply ignoring the bad because of the good. Being a slobbering sycophant is just as useless as being a negative nancy.

That said, both the increased 5* pull rates and the increased alliance rewards are really pleasant surprises, that are definitely appreciated. I can understand the frustration of people who just spent their hoard, though.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:
    <snip>
    The 5s didn't go from 3.3 to 3.75, they went from 10% to 15%. However many 5s you pulled from your stash, you should have gotten 50% more.

Ok, let me see; 0 x 1.5 = 0. Well, no skin off my back.
    I'm pleasantly surprised that odds were increased, it's certainly a welcome change.
    I may just be dense (long day) but can someone explain to me what they mean by the selling off championed characters. It says you can earn all the rewards again without spending the ISO to max level them. Does that mean if I click the "sell" button it will only put my characters back to non-championed levels? Or would it sell them completely (i.e. they are no longer on your roster)? Thanks.
    The iso you get for selling a fully champed hero is enough to level and champ them again.

Edit: double checked, it's not quite enough for a 2*, and nowhere close to what's needed for a 3*, but it's a lot more than it was.

I'm definitely interested in someone running the numbers on this, particularly for the 2*'s. I think there's a decent enough flow of HP and 3* covers in the champ process for the ISO cost. I think that cycling champ status on a few 2*'s could be used to feed covers to my 3* champs - it's just that those 2*'s aren't on my roster (Wolverine, Hawkeye, and Thor).
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    While I applaud the positive changes here I really wish extra covers for maxed champs would simply draw from a pool of tier-appropriate rewards so the extra covers don't go to waste. Selling, re-leveling and championing a character once again seems like a roundabout way to address the iso shortage.

That said, all these changes are for the better so hats off to you guys for making some much needed changes.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

For certain characters it *might* be worth it. Looking at the progression chart

Hawkeye>IM40>Hulkbuster
    Thor>Thor>Red Hulk
    Daken>Daken>X23

Those are the only 3 where i'd consider it, but even then.... I don't know.

No love for storm>storm>thoress or mag>mag>px?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    the increase iso from alliance will be great.

but as someone who has basically said screw the meta... screw building up a good team for PVP I will just keep my team around level 170 for PVE and work on championing every 3 star and 2 star for the heck of it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INCREASED SELL RATE.

I was already planning on repeatedly selling off my 2 star champs to get the rewards again, though at the previous sell prices it was really hard to do on some of them. For example my first 2 star I max champed was storm but I don't have another one of her going because I don't have the 3 star storm champed, but I was planning on doing thor.

now I don't have to debate or think about it, I can just cycle as 8k iso is more than worth it for the HP and covers I will get from champ levels (it takes a lot of roster spots to do this I need all the HP I can get lol I only have like 92 roster spots right now >.> given I also want to keep 5 1 star widows with full blue covers around to give as team ups to my alliance I need lots of spots icon_razz.gif)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    did 5 25 cp pulls and what do you know all 4 stars

king purple and yellow
    vemon black
    gwen purple
    miles purple

NOT sure how the increase helps unless your done using your people i mean

2 star will cost 68000 to max they are given you 67000 so you will have to earn that 67000 to max out that 2 star again.. I could see how it helps in the short term if your done using your 2 stars you can sell them and pump all that ISO into 3 and 4s BUT then you would be forced to save that 68000 to rebuild the 2s

though i love it
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tried to do the math earlier in this post: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38691#p475438

I came up with falling 49,274 ISO short on the sale of a 2* champion, but you would get 375 Hero Points and 5 Command Points as part of the championing rewards.

They have added 47,500 ISO to the sale price of 2*s. So they way I see it you can get 375 Hero Points and 5 Command Points for 1,774 ISO now if my math is right.
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    It's 69,530 iso to take a 2* from 15 to 94, and 5k to champ. -9930. Iso rewards from 94 to 144 are 17.5k iso. So ends up +7570 iso.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    revskip wrote:
    Gotta love this forum. Devs address two major bugaboos which are constantly complained about ISO shortage and 5* pull rates. Rather than a thread where everyone is thankful for the fixes the majority of response are "Boo hoo, you should have told us sooner". And then people wonder why they don't post.

My sincere thanks to the devs for the extra iso, the better sell rates and the increased pull rates.

People can be supportive and appreciative of changes while being critical of the less than optimal way in which they are being communicated at the same time, and pointing out the latter does not invalidate the former, and in the long run helps out the devs and their self-admitted problems with communicating more than simply ignoring the bad because of the good. Being a slobbering sycophant is just as useless as being a negative nancy.

That said, both the increased 5* pull rates and the increased alliance rewards are really pleasant surprises, that are definitely appreciated. I can understand the frustration of people who just spent their hoard, though.

If the changes had been communicated a week earlier there would have been complaints from all the people who opened tokens the week prior. If the changes had been communicated a month earlier there would have been complaints from the folks who had opened tokens prior to that. This forum is by far the most negative space of any game I have ever played online. All forums have complainers, here it is endemic.

I also wouldn't classify myself as a slobbering sycophant. I've posted critical stuff on the forums when things were off. Constructive criticism is great and absolutely helps the developers if they choose to read it. The way the majority of the user base on this particular forum excoriates the devs at every turn leaves very little chance that they will actually be able to pick through and find the constructive stuff. This thread should have been a salute to the devs for actually listening to the userbase and addressing some of the major concerns that are recurring on the forum. Instead of being that it quickly turned into "But why didn't you tell us this sooner". If I were a dev I would never come to this forum.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:
    I'm also a bit confused by the selling champions part. When is a good thing to do that? Should i sell all now and save half the iso to level again? It takes some time to get 13 covers. Maybe wait for 13 covers in queue before selling? I don't know what's the optimal approach to this.

Thing is, I think it's mostly useful for 2*'s, especially when your roster is past that tier. You can just sell them off for the quick iso and use it somewhere else. Down the road you can just get those covers again (like, they are so common at this point) and level them up if you want to.

Champing a 3* or 4* to max takes much longer but heh, you can earn all the rewards again in exchange for a relatively small iso difference.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    658 wrote:
    It's 69,530 iso to take a 2* from 15 to 94, and 5k to champ. -9930. Iso rewards from 94 to 144 are 17.5k iso. So ends up +7570 iso.

I think you may be forgetting that you could have sold those covers used to add champ levels from 94 to 144 for 250 ISO each, so that adds 12,500 to the effective ISO cost of maxing a 2* champ.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok I complain plenty, but this is a great change. Thank you for doing something positive for your player base.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    So good to hear, thank you all. We have more things coming!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, 5* drop rate increase? Excellent.
    Daily ISO from alliance going back to how it was originally? Also excellent, should never have dropped in the first place.

I can only hope this is just an early stage of more to come though.
    The double ISO week, to me at least, simply highlighted how badly we all need ISO since that week of grinding would not have been enough for me to get a level 190 4* character up to 270. The double ISO should be the new standard and then we can occasionally have double that as a new occasional bonus time event.

That said, thanks for the good news today, some nice improvements. Just...please don't stop there >_0
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:

You don't have to tell us what is coming but letting us know when would be an amazing olive branch, even if it's with the granularity of months.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Does that also include a community video or a Q&A?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    revskip wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    revskip wrote:

If the changes had been communicated a week earlier there would have been complaints from all the people who opened tokens the week prior. If the changes had been communicated a month earlier there would have been complaints from the folks who had opened tokens prior to that. This forum is by far the most negative space of any game I have ever played online. All forums have complainers, here it is endemic.

I also wouldn't classify myself as a slobbering sycophant. I've posted critical stuff on the forums when things were off. Constructive criticism is great and absolutely helps the developers if they choose to read it. The way the majority of the user base on this particular forum excoriates the devs at every turn leaves very little chance that they will actually be able to pick through and find the constructive stuff. This thread should have been a salute to the devs for actually listening to the userbase and addressing some of the major concerns that are recurring on the forum. Instead of being that it quickly turned into "But why didn't you tell us this sooner". If I were a dev I would never come to this forum.

7 days notice seems enough time. especially since the forum been asking about what will happen to odds and also when will 5* cap and 5*tark be added. the 1st post i remember was april 27th, 2016 after the announcement of the 1st run of civil war.

while this change is a great one, but giving us less than an hour notice when it's probably been planned for way longer than the first run of civil war. could have been communicated better.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Options
    revskip wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    revskip wrote:

I disagree. I first mentioned it over a month ago, so it's not like it wasn't easy to see this coming. The issue is the only communication we had prior to this was when 5*s were first released. We were told it would be 5% for SS, then 10% when OML was added, then remain at 10% indefinitely as new characters were added. We were told that after CW IM and Cap would move to Latest, and BSS would be added as a 4th to classic. So all the communication we had received persuaded people to spend their CP before the draw rates changed, and most people held out for communication from D3 until the final week or even during CW2.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I will applaud the fact that they are making strides in game improvements. It's shows they are actually paying attention.

However, connecting ISO increases to people I have no control over is ridiculous.
    The ISO I earn shouldn't depend on others playtime. It should depend on mine.

Furthermore, increasing drop rates on 5s severely cripples everyone else not playing in that tier. Many people are still transitioning into 3* and 4* rosters.

Hastening people to 5* is only good if the time 3* and 4* is faster as well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    increasing 5* odds to 15% still does nothing to alleviate luck based progression. A unlucky player is just as likely to go 0-40 with 15% odds as they are 10%. A counter measure to prevent these slumps needs to be added