*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Hood is my most used character. I am not opposed to the change but I really appreciated the yellow as a way to grab AP in whatever color I needed. However, I do like that he kicks **** now while still stealing AP.
  • I was like, "Maybe I can grind this out without the groot covers and just put in some extra elbow grease. Lollipop be damned i want my ladythor."

R.I.P.

lol
  • over_clocked
    Options
    john1620b wrote:
    Hood nerf is in the last stealth update. Right in time for the last 6 hours of TaT. Thanks, D3
    Yeah, I'm pretty mad about this. When they announced it, it should have gone into effect so we could use it. But no. They left it for a while, and then suddenly, the computer's Hood does triple damage and I lose a character.

They need to warn us about these changes. I've been waiting for a clearly-labeled patch.
    They did say the nerf would go through before Thanksgiving.
    Also weirded out by all the people that want a free respec option to 3/5/5: as 5/5/3 was superior before the nerf, it still is. 5 black is a joke now since Sentry became unusable outside of goon PvE. And if you had a 3/5/5 before the nerf, it was your own choice for hopping and you merited from it or something. The only things that suck are that they keep giving rewards of characters to be fixed before the changes (I sold a bunch of Sentry/Hood covers for ISO and no HP, which is minor of course) and that Twin Pistols is now just another damage skill with very limited utility.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    got to that last node for third clear, turn 4 twin pistolas kills my full health daken, NEXT TURN twin pistolas kills my full heath Patch NEXT TURN AGAIN twin pistols takes out my secret support Im not telling anyone about
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    got to that last node for third clear, turn 4 twin pistolas kills my full health daken, NEXT TURN twin pistolas kills my full heath Patch NEXT TURN AGAIN twin pistols takes out my secret support Im not telling anyone about

It's loki, everyone's always ashamed of loki.

Actually already noticed it in tough as thieves where my strategy for the lvl 330+ cmag/hood was, burn down cmag and take it easy doing match damage to hood. Nope it didn't quite turn out that way.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:

It's loki, everyone's always ashamed of loki.

Actually already noticed it in tough as thieves where my strategy for the lvl 330+ cmag/hood was, burn down cmag and take it easy doing match damage to hood. Nope it didn't quite turn out that way.
    good try but much more goodera than that, Ill spill after the event
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    by hesjingixen » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:04 am
    So is no one else as pissed about the changes to Hood as I am?
    I am. I would buy either the no AP or the end turn nerf, but I find both together absolutely excessive. At the very least you should not lose the turn if you manage to get a 5-match; or let Hood and his pocket size hitpoints jump back; or make it a real finisher (he can only kill himself or Storm, I think)
    by Trisul » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:16 pm
    I don't play Hood for his yellow.
    Neither do i! So lets also nerf Thor, GSBW, Hulk, IM40 and sentry's red, Psylocke and BPanther blue, XForce, Spiderman, LCap and Magneto yellow and Falcon purple!

And BTW, I find SO cheap to display Hood right after his nerf as enemy in an event with always two yellow feeding goons, to make him kill our characters in an attempt to show us how much he can shine.
  • Players: New Twin Pistols is tinykitty
    Devs: No, it's fine. Look, all you need is undeniable 4 yellow AP per turn, 1 from steal, and whatever you get from matching. Easy peasy.

Next PvE - Why IM40 and GSBW are in fact top tier characters (when they always launch their ultimate on turn 5).
  • Nivrax wrote:
    Players: New Twin Pistols is tinykitty
    Devs: No, it's fine. Look, all you need is undeniable 4 yellow AP per turn, 1 from steal, and whatever you get from matching. Easy peasy.

Next PvE - Why IM40 and GSBW are in fact top tier characters (when they always launch their ultimate on turn 5).
    What's IM40' s ultimate? Recharge?
  • Mattfal wrote:
    Dont c what all the complaining is for. Just stunlock hood with cStorm and mnMags and you are fine. His yellow is also so much more useful for me now even though it ends the turn. Insta kill any 2star and low-mid lvl 3star!

That would be a great solution, however you can't set off cStorm until turn 4 at the earliest (without boosts) and by then, the AI already got off at least one Twin Pistols killing your MMN which means you can't even get to a quick and easy Wind Storm.
  • Grizzlegom wrote:
    Mattfal wrote:
    Dont c what all the complaining is for. Just stunlock hood with cStorm and mnMags and you are fine. His yellow is also so much more useful for me now even though it ends the turn. Insta kill any 2star and low-mid lvl 3star!

That would be a great solution, however you can't set off cStorm until turn 4 at the earliest (without boosts) and by then, the AI already got off at least one Twin Pistols killing your MMN which means you can't even get to a quick and easy Wind Storm.

I'm assuming he has a lower level roster so the proportional damage allows MMN/CStorm because Hood isn't wiping them out in 1x Twin Pistols. That's based on him mentioning wiping out 2* and low lv3* which a full 270/166 roster wouldn't care about.
  • futongus wrote:
    Nivrax wrote:
    Players: New Twin Pistols is tinykitty

What's IM40' s ultimate? Recharge?
    Oops! He doesn't have an ultimate icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    Mattfal wrote:

Nah they'd for from match damage alonebefore twin pistols gotta off on like turn four
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah. This is completely unwinnable for anyone transitioning from 2* to 3*, where enemy levels stack up to the point that CStorm + MMN no longer works, but you have no viable high-powered fighters.

Whoever thought up the nodes on the PvE event is either a sadist or has a complete lack of understanding of their own game's scaling mechanics. Possibly and likely both.
  • locked wrote:

As a Canadian, I don't know when that is. When is it?

It's today, isn't it? That's why everyone's talking about Black Friday. Makes sense.

I did wonder why such a high-stakes PVE was happening mid-week.
  • Grizzlegom wrote:
    Mattfal wrote:

You can get off wind storm on term 3 if you use 3x blue and purple ap boost. Then match 2 purples. Polarity shift then wind storm. I have a 140 hood and his yellow has been more useful since new update
  • And that's why I said without boosts.

Truthfully I'm not having issues beating it but you can't beat it without boosts without then having to use a health pack or two after which is annoying.
  • Having to use boosts to be able to consistently beat a team that have significantly lower lvl is ridiculous.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    locked wrote:

As a Canadian, I don't know when that is. When is it?

It's today, isn't it? That's why everyone's talking about Black Friday. Makes sense.

I did wonder why such a high-stakes PVE was happening mid-week.
    Hey, I'm not a US citizen either. Would think you would smell the turkey in Canada miles away!
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why end the turn with his yellow?

Can anyone explain why?

With the cost and damage, it isn't more powerful than a lot of level 5 3* powers. Why in the world does it also end the turn?

It makes no sense... Doesn't fit with the rest of the game. Now, fix it, please.