*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• They pushed it out exactly when they said they would.

.....Granted, "shortly before Thanksgiving" is a pretty broad time.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Did they really just stealth push this?

Yup, they did.

auck2g.png
  • john1620b
    Options
    Hood nerf is in the last stealth update. Right in time for the last 6 hours of TaT. Thanks, D3
  • Why we ain't getting the awesome sell prices?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like how the PvE node hood now does 11k+ damage if he gets it off. I think my lead is strong enough, guess this is a good way to take a giant dump on rubberbanders.
  • Like I said in the other (now locked) thread, they need to run an event with Hood rewards and with black as the top 100/alliance ASAP for all the people that need to respec now. They also need to not vault the character (and unvault Magneto, for that matter) for the foreseeable future.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's the Hood sell prices after base level:

Level - Reward

44 - 1000 iso
    46 - 1500 iso
    49 - 2000 iso
    51 - 2500 iso 250 hp

I'm going to stop there and take the 250 hp. Not bad for abandoning the 2nd Hood I was going to build. Good luck to all.
  • I think I used Twin Pistols in exactly one game in the 8 or so I played after he was changed (only was able to get 15 yellow in one of them). It seems like you can just wait until you've a turn where every move is bad and just shoot the top 2 corners to skip your turn instead. It sure isn't very hard to find a turn where all your moves are horrible and shooting two corners should not be cause any meaningful change to the board state.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Here's the Hood sell prices after base level:

Level - Reward

44 - 1000 iso
    46 - 1500 iso
    49 - 2000 iso
    51 - 2500 iso 250 hp

I'm going to stop there and take the 250 hp. Not bad for abandoning the 2nd Hood I was going to build. Good luck to all.

My 1/1/2 lvl 55 is 3000iso, 250 HP
    my 5/5/3 level 134 is 48157 and 1000
  • I have a 2/0/0 Hood I can only level to 50. Why do I get 0 HP and 1 more level is 250? Thats a huge jump and completely unfair. That's 2 whole covers while it is 1250 to buy a single one.
  • scottee wrote:
    When I checked the Hood character page around the time the nerf was announced, around a third of the people already favored 3/5/5, so for 33% of players, the announced change is a 0% nerf.

For the other 2/3 of the player base that had yellow at 5, what percentage do you feel this lowered Hood's effectiveness? 5%? 10%? 30%? I like his old yellow, but only end up using it between 5-10% of matches, and the majority of those times, I have other options that would win the match almost as efficiently.

People are essentially saying that the overall nerf to Hood, including the end turn on 5 cover yellow, is too much of a nerf. I would still argue that even after the change, DA alone still makes him top tier.

When see a Hood in a node, will you now say, "I didn't like facing him before, but now that his yellow sucks, bring him on."? Or is anyone here planning to use him less now that his yellow is nerfed?

I don't know about you, but whenever I bring Hood, it's 100% purely for his blue. I still maintain that he could have Prehistoric Arms and Ballistic Salvo, and I'd still bring him for DA.
    I still think that without factoring in the "end the turn" this is a BUFF, and I'm not entirely sure that WITH the "end the turn" it's very much of a nerf (although I think it is)
  • His yellow has saved me before, god knows how many times, and I probably used it, on average, in about half the matches I used Hood in. It's now going to be a very rarely used skill. It will still probably save me occasionally, but it's going to be much more of a gamble - I fully expect it to cost me a match at some point, by setting up an easy five-match for the AI. That wasn't a risk before.

It also means that it no longer "counts" as a usable color, as far as I"m concerned, for when I'm trying to put together a rainbow(ish) team. His yellow is going to be like Captain America's yellow, or Black Panther or Psylocke's blues: only use if it's your only option and it's an emergency.
  • ...just in time for an event where he's paired with goons double feeding him yellow.
  • john1620b wrote:
    Hood nerf is in the last stealth update. Right in time for the last 6 hours of TaT. Thanks, D3
    Yeah, I'm pretty mad about this. When they announced it, it should have gone into effect so we could use it. But no. They left it for a while, and then suddenly, the computer's Hood does triple damage and I lose a character.

They need to warn us about these changes. I've been waiting for a clearly-labeled patch.
  • I know right. Not looking forward to the scaled Hood.

I will call him "The Scales" then.

Bad joke. Bad joke. *Runs away*
  • Probably the devs going: 'ooooh look how effective hood yellow is now that we have changed his skill.' Give me goons that I can play on my side then I'll even remotely consider using his yellow...
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HA! I'm so happy this thread is here! I just got wipped out...TWICE!! So I guess that's why it ends the turn still huh? Cause I'm already furious at Hood when he steals! Now that **** hat does 5K+ damage! Still extremely hate goon feeders! So not cool!
  • Dont c what all the complaining is for. Just stunlock hood with cStorm and mnMags and you are fine. His yellow is also so much more useful for me now even though it ends the turn. Insta kill any 2star and low-mid lvl 3star!
  • Nellyson wrote:
    HA! I'm so happy this thread is here! I just got wipped out...TWICE!! So I guess that's why it ends the turn still huh? Cause I'm already furious at Hood when he steals! Now that **** hat does 5K+ damage! Still extremely hate goon feeders! So not cool!
    Scaled Hood with yellow feeder goons is not equal to static level PvP Hood without yellow feeders.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Nellyson wrote:
    Scaled Hood with yellow feeder goons is not equal to static level PvP Hood without yellow feeders.
    Especially since the pve hood can afford to end the turn to bring the threatens and tommyguns to your faces quicker