*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    Options
    I have been wondering and reading through.the forums if.I fire twin pistols in the corner it.doesn't matter it still does the same amount of.damage? You don't have to.figure out an optimal placement spot? Kinda confusing sorry for.the newb question icon_e_biggrin.gif
    The best place to fire pistols if you don't need to take out any enemy tiles but aren't ending the fight yet either, are the 2 top corner areas that are unlikely to cause cascades for the AI after being destroyed. Looking like this:

blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
    blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png
    blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
    bluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png
    bluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png

With yellow tiles representing the tiles you want to aim for and black areas representing tiles to be destroyed. And yes, if you shoot fewer than 18 tiles, Hood's total damage will be lower.
  • dippdogg2002
    dippdogg2002 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for that clarification always wondered about that
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm a little confused at the suggestion to aim at the top corners for twin pistols. It seems like people believe cascades from TP activate for the enemy? in my experience thats not how it works. It acts just like a normal match to end your turn, any cascades are yours.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a little confused at the suggestion to aim at the top corners for twin pistols. It seems like people believe cascades from TP activate for the enemy? in my experience thats not how it works. It acts just like a normal match to end your turn, any cascades are yours.
    It's not that people think the enemy will get cascades, it's that the board will end up in a shuffled, unknown state without the player having an opportunity to make a match. The concern is that a really good match-4 or more will be left on the board waiting for the AI.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ah that makes sense, thanks. I hadn't considered that since I almost always use it as a finisher.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My current Hood is level 166, 3/5/5. I have a second Hood I've been working who's currently level. 40, 5/4/4.

After Cage PVP ends I can respec my main Hood to 5/5/3 and take my second to 4/5/4--possibly 3/5/5 if I manage top 5 but I'm not sure if I care enough to make the push. I eventually want to level my second Hood to 116 or whatever the number is that will keep him hidden.

Just wondering if anyone has a good reason why I shouldn't do this. 5 in black is completely unnecessary now except when running Cap/IM40 in PVE.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can give you no reason not to do it. In fact, I plan on doing the same. Only, my 1st hood (the 5/5/3 one) is still at level 140, so he can hide behind Lazy Thor. And the 2nd one (still 3/5/4) is at level 102, so OBW can steal bluetile.png and blacktile.png from maggia when they're together.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    My current Hood is level 166, 3/5/5. I have a second Hood I've been working who's currently level. 40, 5/4/4.

After Cage PVP ends I can respec my main Hood to 5/5/3 and take my second to 4/5/4--possibly 3/5/5 if I manage top 5 but I'm not sure if I care enough to make the push. I eventually want to level my second Hood to 116 or whatever the number is that will keep him hidden.

Just wondering if anyone has a good reason why I shouldn't do this. 5 in black is completely unnecessary now except when running Cap/IM40 in PVE.
    Hood's yellow is actually quite good at 5 covers. The damage takes a huge chunk of any character's health, and is usually able to down a character by the time it's useable. It's waaaaay more useful than having 5 covers in black.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    john1620b wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

Hood's yellow is actually quite good at 5 covers. The damage takes a huge chunk of any character's health, and is usually able to down a character by the time it's useable. It's waaaaay more useful than having 5 covers in black.

But isn't sentry just flat out unplayable with the Hood at five black?
    Not that I have been using him... Ever...
  • Wobby wrote:
    john1620b wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

Sentry is flat out unplayable regardless.

Hood no longer factors into Sentry's game play.

Because Sentry's game play doesn't exist.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    Wobby wrote:
    john1620b wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

Sentry is flat out unplayable regardless.

Hood no longer factors into Sentry's game play.

Because Sentry's game play doesn't exist.

Not true. Sentry/Hood is still very viable, just much slower. If you AP boost you need a fairly fortunate board, but it can still single handedly wipe out teams, unless they are 4hor, she just can't be killed quickly.
  • Gotta say, I am loving Twin Pistols right now. 8316 damage for 15 yellow is a major chunk out of T4or's life, or basically kills XF. And with yellow high on Hood yellowtile.png is a prime SS target to get you started. SS for 5k damage then TP for 8k damage will basically kill T4or.
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    So after finally getting my 5/5/3 Hood to Level 166, I feel like I use him even less. He tanks so many colors I find myself going through health packs much faster. I usually pair him with X-Force lvl 250, ***Thor 166, and ***Cap 166. Am I missing something? I know his Blue steals a lot of AP but is there a strategy I'm missing here?
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    trat73 wrote:
    So after finally getting my 5/5/3 Hood to Level 166, I feel like I use him even less. He tanks so many colors I find myself going through health packs much faster. I usually pair him with X-Force lvl 250, ***Thor 166, and ***Cap 166. Am I missing something? I know his Blue steals a lot of AP but is there a strategy I'm missing here?
    People seem to use him mainly vs. other Hood teams and for defense.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    trat73 wrote:

I also think that many people suggest that Hood (and other characters that have support abilities that don't scale with level like Loki) should not be leveled to 166. Keeping Hood around 139 should let other characters tank for him if you build your team properly (except when he is boosted). Unfortunately, that's not much help for you now.
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    trat73 wrote:

I also think that many people suggest that Hood (and other characters that have support abilities that don't scale with level like Loki) should not be leveled to 166. Keeping Hood around 139 should let other characters tank for him if you build your team properly (except when he is boosted). Unfortunately, that's not much help for you now.

I think this is very important. I remember the day I leveled Hood to the point where X-Force no longer tanked yellow for him. I figured there was no going back so I opted to level him all the way. Live and learn I guess.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    having Hood with extra hitpoints is worth tanking yellow.
  • damn, I just realized I would need my 4thor to be lvl 160 or so to tank yellow for my 115 hood :/
  • trat73 wrote:
    Yes. You're missing the gigantic chunk of health your yellow takes out of opposing heroes.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Gotta say, I am loving Twin Pistols right now. 8316 damage for 15 yellow is a major chunk out of T4or's life, or basically kills XF. And with yellow high on Hood yellowtile.png is a prime SS target to get you started. SS for 5k damage then TP for 8k damage will basically kill T4or.

Shouldn't it be like 5.7?