*** Iron Man (Model 40) ***

Comments

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Look for IM40 to be reworked on his cool down. I have heard hints and allegations that he will become a more useful character.

Gawd I hope his rebalance comes soon -- there's no other *** that's been sitting unused in my roster as long as he has (And that even includes pre-buff Daredevil). icon_neutral.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    This is how I would modify Recharge:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Ironman 40 yellowflag.png AP 6
    Recharges weapon systems. Drain's all your yellow. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Each Countdown tile also restores 3 Blue AP if you had 8 Yellow.
    Level 3: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Green AP if you had 10 Yellow.
    Level 4: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Purple AP if you had 12 Yellow.
    Level 5: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Black AP if you had 14 Yellow.

Takes all your yellow to cast, similar to Ares Onslaught for green, but has a variant effect based on how much yellow you had. May not be enough to push some people off of 5/5/3 but it would put an end to the 5/5/1 builds at the very least.
    SUCH an amazing idea, Lerysh -- I really hope they go this route or something similar!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Look for IM40 to be reworked on his cool down. I have heard hints and allegations that he will become a more useful character.

Gawd I hope his rebalance comes soon -- there's no other *** that's been sitting unused in my roster as long as he has (And that even includes pre-buff Daredevil). icon_neutral.gif
    I like using him from time to time. He works very well with Human Torch in particular. Steve Rogers is good if you aren't worried about color variety.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I like using him from time to time. He works very well with Human Torch in particular. Steve Rogers is good if you aren't worried about color variety.
    +1
    IM40 is a great support Character, No need to fix anything!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

+1
    Well, there's definitely room for improvement even if he can be played as is. His offensive powers aren't anything to write home about.
  • IM40 is a great support Character, No need to fix anything!

Iron Man shouldn't be a support character, though. He should be a front-line tank.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah. Iron man shoud play more like Captain America in terms of strength and power. He takes a few hits but also dishes out strong damage

If you look at the 8500 category you have

Black Panther
    Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Dr. Doom
    Gamora
    Luke Cage

If you look at those guys you can see a common thread. Defensive type characters with very strong damage or support abilties. IM40 has none of that. He has 2 very expensive damage abilties and a support ability that gets worse after 1 cover.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I rather like my 5/5/3 Iron Man. The red and green AP is almost always useful immediately, and in the cases the blue isn't I can always save up for a Ballistic Salvo. He's mostly a battery for other guys to feed off though.

Exact same feelings here. 20 Blue is a heft amount to pull that move off. I much rather that he generate AP for my team as a 3rd support character. So my ideal build for him is 5/5/3 as well.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

+1

His blue needs to adjusted to be put in line with rotp or whales. Even with recharge its so damn expensive it's almost impossible to get off. His red isn't terrible but could do with a slight AP reduction or lessen the AP drain at 5 covers. As is its one of the more dangerous ai team ups. Yellow could be a little cheaper too but it's not terrible.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I think his yellow should always cost the same and get better with more covers. I know it probably means not as good as 1 cover is now, as it would be slower, but since we are apparently soon getting Cyclops that will be able to generate red most likely from yellow, it should be OK. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I use him for every match if I can, his recharge ability is great, especially when you use grey suit BLACK WIDOW, and then doctor doom, he does such a great job as a support, but i would like to see some fixes for him, like maybe stunning himself and the other random enemy team member.
  • Phaserhawk
    super easy simple fix for IM40

Red--Costs 10, no AP drain level dmg about that level. Covers just increase Damage.

Blue--Costs 12, no AP drain increase the damage about 5%, upgrades do the same, with Stun etc.

Yellow--Costs 10, upgrades to 3 allow you to get 1 AP of every color stun 2 turns.

Upgrade cover 4, 2 of each olor. Upgrade Cover 5, stunned only 1 turn and you get blue,red,yellow generate 3 AP the rest 2

Done. IM40 is fixed and viable
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40 could use more health, IMO. He should be an 8500 character.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:

What are you talking about? Look at his stats in the first post, he is in fact a 8500 character.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:

What are you talking about? Look at his stats in the first post, he is in fact a 8500 character.

Yup, the extra 1700 would go a long way. IMO, if doom has 8500 im40 should have the same since they're comparably durable in the comics.
  • Quebbster
    Arondite wrote:
    My maxed IM40 has 8500 health... It's one of his advantages.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    super easy simple fix for IM40

Red--Costs 10, no AP drain level dmg about that level. Covers just increase Damage.

Blue--Costs 12, no AP drain increase the damage about 5%, upgrades do the same, with Stun etc.

Yellow--Costs 10, upgrades to 3 allow you to get 1 AP of every color stun 2 turns.

Upgrade cover 4, 2 of each olor. Upgrade Cover 5, stunned only 1 turn and you get blue,red,yellow generate 3 AP the rest 2

Done. IM40 is fixed and viable

Red would probably need to be 12 AP and blue 14. Remember that he's pretty tanky and should be a little slower than the assassins (plus he can generate his own AP. GSBW's sniper is expensive but she can make that green easily). Yellow should be a flat cost of like 10 - 12 and each cover adds colors without any downside.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    And if yellow costs 10+ AP, I'd really like to see CD go away. It just feels too risky to gather that much AP and have it do nothing. He could stun himself instead for a few turns, and just generate the AP each turn or when he returns "online". Similar to the effects after the Fastball Special, when the character returns from being airborne.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Lerysh wrote:
    Recharges weapon systems. Drain's all your yellow. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize.
    Level Upgrades

Takes all your yellow to cast, similar to Ares Onslaught for green, but has a variant effect based on how much yellow you had. May not be enough to push some people off of 5/5/3 but it would put an end to the 5/5/1 builds at the very least.

Demiurge, I don't normally ask for much, but this yellow rework is a no brainer. There is 0 balance to be considered because the abilities are identical, and it removes the 5/5/1 problem. It's such an elegant way to fix this ability: why not implement it I ask?
    Quoted for truth again.
  • Phaserhawk
    hurcules wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Level Upgrades

Demiurge, I don't normally ask for much, but this yellow rework is a no brainer. There is 0 balance to be considered because the abilities are identical, and it removes the 5/5/1 problem. It's such an elegant way to fix this ability: why not implement it I ask?
    Quoted for truth again.

Yeah, that is the perfect fix, he would combo very well with Thor even though they would share same colors.