Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    In Strange Sights i went with a team that i never had used before. (Surely someone have already posted it tho)

C4rol/St4rlord/Grocket

It worked very well and wrecked the harder nodes. Especially the wave nodes.

St4rlord spamming countdowntiles that buffs Grockets strike tiles. He also bring down the cost of C4rols yellow to 3 ap to help speed up gettin the cds to 0 and he can sucker punch enemies for 6 red ap! Try them out :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like using Command Decision to fire off 4ocket's green before it blows itself up. Get that big AoE and some strike buffs along the way.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    In Nefarious Foes I ran all the way to 900 with Vulture / Carnage / Kraven (all were boosted for that event). Collect black, send Vulture to the air and let him do his thing in general, let Carnage spam his tiles and let Kraven do passive damage and eliminate the damage on the enemy attack tiles. Worked even better against opposing Carnage teams.

It requires a boosted Kraven (too slow otherwise) but it was amazing that nobody attacked me on my climb (never had that happen on a 0-900 climb in one sitting my entire time playing. Additionally, my float point was among the highest its been since the end of cupcakes. I'm surprised I didn't see it more but nobody actually invested Kraven it seems.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...it was amazing that nobody attacked me on my climb (never had that happen on a 0-900 climb in one sitting my entire time playing.
    I had a similar experience running Vulture/Rhulk/Magneto (all 3 boosted) and wasn't attacked until the very end by some high-end rosters no doubt doing a last minute climb. I know I wouldn't touch the team I fielded when I saw my mirror in a node. Insta-skip!
  • Jacknife
    Jacknife Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I like playing with 3* Gambit (3-5-5)- Kamala Khan (5-3-5) - Iron Man M40 (3-5-5).
    Focus yellow and charged tiles.
  • Dormammu
    I’ve fallen in love again with a new team.
    This is what I love about these forums.
  • Dormammu
    Okay so this is a totally niche team that I found effective against wave nodes, which have Ultron, and Quake is boosted. (See? Niche!) But that's exactly what we have in the Book of Vishanti sub in the Strange Days PvE.

Quake 5/5/3 (boosted in this event)
    Vulture 5/3/5
    4lord 3/5/5 (boosted in this event)

This is a fun team. Vulture is placed in battery mode to generate gobs of blue (for himself), green (for boosted Quake's AoE), and a trickle of red (for Starlord's sucker punch). Sentries and Mindless ones are laying down all kinds of ****, so Starlord's passive is working overtime and filling the board with his annoying countdown's. You're swimming in AP once Vulture is airborne and Starlord's countdown's are making everything cheap. Quake is shaking waves of goons off the screen three at a time, but if anything survives you can clean up any stragglers with Vulture's blue and/or Starlord's red.

When Ultron shows up and starts shooting those AoE rays out of his fingers, Quake laughs it off and you take -1 damage.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took a fun team into some wave nodes in this past run of Strange Sights SCL8:
    Kraven (4/4/3) lvl 90
    Carnage (3/4/0) lvl 131
    Nico (5/3/5) lvl 276

Basically you just let this team do what it does: Carnage makes that attack spam for both teams, Kraven does damage and knocks theirs back to 1pt each, and Nico keeps buffing yours every round assuming you're ahead on count. Even with under-covered and leveled wingmen, this team gets out of hand pretty quickly.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using an update of the classic 3* goon buster team in Strange Sights and even more so in Thick as Thieves:
    Vulture (replacing IM40)
    Patch
    Strange

Besides being a more durable battery, Vulture also lets this team work better against teams that aren't completely goons, since he can clear out the enemy Strikes from Patch's actives right away with his blue.

I've been running Patch at 4/4/5 here, because at 4 green, he makes exactly as many enemy Strikes as Vulture can take out with a single fire of his blue. Vulture is 5/3/5 because Patch is using the green, and Strange is probably actually best at 3/5/5 for once, but having that stun around is still nice, so I've been going back and forth between that and the usual 5/3/5.
  • Dormammu
    Vulture (replacing IM40)
    Patch
    Strange
    This is just a brilliant team. It was (with IM40) my go-to goon squad in 3-star land, pre-SCL era, and allowed me to get a lot of wins against outrageously scaled enemies. 6 yellow (or in this case 6 black) and the match was over, no matter how tough those goons were.

And I'd probably continue to use Strange's blue over Vulture's. You put the stun-breaks on one goon (especially if they have a dangerous countdown about to go off) and you get the triple-dip of Patch's boosted strikes for three turns. But then again, maybe Vulture can just take them down in one shot. Totally situational - I love it.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture's blue becomes more useful when there's a tile-mover in there, to keep their match damage from skyrocketing because of the Strikes. Against pure goons, yeah, I usually go for Strange's blue.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    With all those sentries I've found Lockjaw and Medusa with a black user to be quite entertaining. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    I've been using an update of the classic 3* goon buster team in Strange Sights and even more so in Thick as Thieves:
    Vulture (replacing IM40)
    Patch
    Strange

Besides being a more durable battery, Vulture also lets this team work better against teams that aren't completely goons, since he can clear out the enemy Strikes from Patch's actives right away with his blue.

I've been running Patch at 4/4/5 here, because at 4 green, he makes exactly as many enemy Strikes as Vulture can take out with a single fire of his blue. Vulture is 5/3/5 because Patch is using the green, and Strange is probably actually best at 3/5/5 for once, but having that stun around is still nice, so I've been going back and forth between that and the usual 5/3/5.
    Love this team, esp with Patch on boost.  The Vulture/Patch combo is literally perfect. 
  • Pantherfan1973
    Pantherfan1973 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I have all three of these at low level, less than 5 comics each that are a fun little goon buster for PVE early rounds.  Kraven 0/3/1, Carnage 0/2/2 and America 2/0/3.
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Scal3t witch 5/3/5, sandman 5/5/3, agent venom 3/5/5.
    Sw passive blue fuels, Sandman’s purple that fuels Av’s yellow. Then some stun and enemy team attack with Sandman and the quite cheap black attack from Av.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    My America Chavez is at an very non-optimal cover of 5/3/1, however, I just found a team that utilize the best of all her abilities so far.
    It is with Mystique, and Mr Fantastic. America tank all her colour. Mystique help stole AP for AMerica's green, MrF help get 4-of-a-kind for her yellow's.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Boosted peggy & mockingbird (with 3 in red, as I will use Peggys red), and 4* Captain Marvel (3 in yellow as there wont be special tiles to boost) is a pretty awesome

Carol's passive and Bobbi's purple both feed Peggys red
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to thank whoever posted Coulson, 4* Star Lord and Hawkeye (either 3* or 5*, although in this case I used my 5* at 1/5/2) for an anti-goon team.  I was trying out SCL9 this PVP (usually i’m down in 7 so it takes less time) and that team was just blitzing the non-essential nodes with zero health pack usage.  Against the high health Muscles I actually ended a match with seven straight “Out of Arrows” once, which I never thought i’d be able to do.  I even had Shrapnel Arrows hit all three opponents before I could down one.  Just a fun team...