Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Against goons I like to team her with 4Cage and 3Strange, only because the 3 of their passives together will make the goons pay dearly every time they lay a countdown tile.
    Chavez's passives don't trigger on enemy powers though... ?

Star-Lord & Chavez would make an interesting anti-goon combo, though, with Coulson tagging along. All those countdowns feeding AP...

I'm grinding out the ISO to champ Chavez within the next week so I'm looking forward to see what she can do.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm grinding out the ISO to champ Chavez within the next week so I'm looking forward to see what she can do.
    In my  mind she was all about making crits that other people benefit from, but I had a match where everybody but her got wiped out, and she started tanking every color, and she somewhat shockingly pulled the whole match out of the bag on her own. She was a real monster fighting solo with a bunch of unusable AP banked up. that's why I figured 2 batteries who remove themselves from the fight for 2 turns while banking up a bunch of colors might be a solid pairing with her. I'll try out Vulture/Mockingbird next and see how that goes.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Against goons I like to team her with 4Cage and 3Strange, only because the 3 of their passives together will make the goons pay dearly every time they lay a countdown tile.

Star-Lord & Chavez would make an interesting anti-goon combo, though, with Coulson tagging along. All those countdowns feeding AP...

They kind'a do because the goons spend AP laying their countdowns which helps Chavez have more AP in extra colours to fire her Fear Not Mi Gente power.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dormammu said:

They kind'a do because the goons spend AP laying their countdowns which helps Chavez have more AP in extra colours to fire her Fear Not Mi Gente power.
    Yeah, this. Each time they lay a countdown tile they're burning AP, which can make the difference on how many colors you have more AP in for Chavez' passive antics.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In my  mind she was all about making crits that other people benefit from, but I had a match where everybody but her got wiped out, and she started tanking every color, and she somewhat shockingly pulled the whole match out of the bag on her own. She was a real monster fighting solo with a bunch of unusable AP banked up. that's why I figured 2 batteries who remove themselves from the fight for 2 turns while banking up a bunch of colors might be a solid pairing with her. I'll try out Vulture/Mockingbird next and see how that goes.
    Yeah, her damage even in her weak colours can get ludicrous when she's got enough AP to bump it up. I managed to get to 30 across the board in a Wave node once, and she was just knocking fools out left right and center.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll try out Vulture/Mockingbird next and see how that goes.
    I'm partial to Jean Grey/Mockingbird/America.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll try out Vulture/Mockingbird next and see how that goes.
    I'm partial to Jean Grey/Mockingbird/America.
    My Teen Jean isn't too great yet, maybe these flat-odds 4* draws will change that and I'll suddenly be swimming in fully covered classics...
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Tom Holland (2/2/3, 157) and Miles Morales (5/5/3, 272) have been pretty good in the Essential PVE nodes so far. Mr. Stark in the Hulkbuster suit (5/3/5, 273) makes a good third in non-Essentials; red and purple actives deal damage, while all four of the other colors feed red/purple in some way.

I recently got Puni, Nova, and X-23 champed all around the same time as well (despite not going for that particular deal), and that's been an interesting team to try out in PVP SHIELD Sim. It's a little awkward since I don't have a good way to protect all the black strike tiles, nor to make more strike tiles when black tiles are scarce. I usually hold off on using Nova's red until I have at least one black strike tile out anyway, so it doesn't interfere that much with the savings goal for X-23's green, but my team probably sucks defensively since the AI will always fire Nova's red as soon as it gets enough AP.

I still have her at level 74 since she's only 4/4/2 and hasn't had a Clash yet, but I'm enjoying Valky with Cloak & Dagger and Nightcrawler. Kurt just happens to be one level higher than C&D, so my strongest color with him on the team is Purple, which then means that C&D profit 1 purple AP each turn if they take a potshot at the bounty opponent.
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Boosted Carnage, Medusa and boosted Lockjaw for this story event. Its pretty funny watching the enemy team down themselves. 

Not very efficient but fun. 
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kingpin 5/5/3
    4* Black Panther 5/3/5 or 4/4/5
    Nico Minoru 5/3/5 or Switch 4/4/5

it revolves around Kingpin getting purple and putting BP’s repeater on the field. With nico, you can use Kingpin’s black to take nico’s CD out for a quick hitter (as she pumps up all the special tiles each turn) before it gets matched or expires. 

With Switch, your tiles don’t get boosted so it’s probably best to run BP at 5/3/5. Switch is better at generating AP than Nico especially with her green at 4. Odds are, you’ll be using Kingpin’s purple more so I put Switch’s purple at 4.if her CD gets put in a **** place, then you use Kingpin’s black to detonate it.

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    C&D, Vulture and Iceman are a match made in heaven...especially when Ice and Clagger are boosted.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have yet to champ 4* Black Widow yet but I'm imagining it'll be a very fun team up with CoulHawk for pvp.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    Have yet to champ 4* Black Widow yet but I'm imagining it'll be a very fun team up with CoulHawk for pvp.

St4r-Lord is probably a better choice since he also lowers AP costs and has countdown based Powers.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Simulator PvE has boosted Jessica Jones and I tried her with (also boosted) MEHulk and Chavez. That was a pretty fun team. MEH even triggered a few of JJ's damning evidences for me.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JJ is a beast, indeed. Will try her with Chavez, should be hilarious.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JJ, Meh Hulk and Chavez, what a slaughter :)
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Personally I used JJ, Chavez, & Valkyrie, in that order. JJ drops her traps, Chavez does her thing & sometimes matches a trap or gets herself more AP, gives JJ a critical, & sets off Val's bounty. JJ's trap + bounty means 7 red AP to punch & get more strikes out. In SCL 8 I didn't have a fight go beyond 6 turns, most were 3 turns & done.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Valkyrie’s PVP I had a complete blast with her, Blade and Medusa. My champed Valkyrie was hunting any team with a baby Valkyrie.

Pretty much any hit proxies their Valkyrie to create SUPER WEAK strikes. My Medusa uses those to fuel Blade’s AOE and her own Purple. Blade’s AOE pops Val’s bounty tile and fuels Blades Red. After a couple Blood Lusts, Valkyrie Dragon Fangs everyone to death.

This is why I love the 4* tier.  Trying to create the most synergistic teams each week from the boosted list really is a ton of fun!
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah I was having same kind of fun but with Gamora instead of Blade, my Gamora is at 342 boosted to 447 or something like that
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do love 4* Blade + Valkyrie, but they're even more fun with a 5* Thor with at least 1 green cover (even at level 255).