Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do love 4* Blade + Valkyrie, but they're even more fun with a 5* Thor with at least 1 green cover (even at level 255).
    Ooh, thanks for that one! I was using Gambit/Blade in PVE but was wondering what I'm going to do once I get the green light to sell my Gambit from customer service.  Half-health Thor should be way faster, fuels two colors, AND does not block Valkyrie Red.  Nice!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the current Wasp PvP I have been having a ball with this team:

Jessica Jones 5/3/5
    Wasp 3/5/5 (boosted)
    Iron Fist 3/5/5 (4-star, boosted)

Jessica spits out strikes with her red (love watching her throw fools through her door) and Iron Fist is making more strikes and fortifying them. I've been using Janet's black over Danny's or Jessica's just because it's cheaper and I like the stun (but any one of the three have a viable black). Janet's yellow takes those special tiles and makes them ridiculously effective.

But the best is matching blue. Danny can use the AP, Wasp will use it to generate more AP with her passive, and Jessica uses it to create some very damning evidence.  :*
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm usually not a big fan, but XF Deadpool can practically run solo against Ultron.  Unlike most boards, where Countdown for What tiles can languish in places utterly free of matches, doomed to expire uselessly, row-eliminating Ultron almost assures that some of them will be destroyed before they disappear.  When bombs explode (get someone else to tank), Deadpool responds with a handy katana to the face.

I'm currently running Beast and Carol as teammates.  Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough is cheap and gets an immediate buff from Carol, and Deadpool contributes to the shenanigans from both of his countdowns.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For Ultron it’s Carol/Clagger/3* Fist for me. Two black batteries for boosted Carol ensure Ultron is fried before the first bomb hits the floor. 
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I'm usually not a big fan, but XF Deadpool can practically run solo against Ultron.  
    This is off-topic but that's okay, it's my topic. XFDeadpool was absolutely destroying fools in his off-season PvP for me, and I only have him at level 150. I had Okoye tanking all the damage, so I was getting one of DP's black countdowns every single turn. Okoye would add her (black passive) damage so all I had to do was match TU tiles and watch the damage skyrocket every turn.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the Dr Doom + feeder node of Growth Industry, I’ve been enjoying Nova, Cloak & Dagger and Nico. C&D gives black for Nova as well as creates attack tiles and removes enemy attack tiles.  Nova juggles Doom to stop him taking advantage of the goon feeders and Nico creates special tiles, stuns and most importantly buffs everything to high heaven.  It can be a slow starting team, but when it starts...
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was a few days ago now, but it was my first time really trying out 5* DD. Using him with 4*Gamora and having his Purple at full made him a damage-dealing machine with all of the Stunning I was able to pull off. I could often stun even a 5*Thor for 2-3 turns and have him dropped before time was up just on matches and cascades (and the helpful attack tiles from G).

With the looming Nerfbit, I'm really excited to try out more of my champed 5*s and see what they can do. Getting to use a 4* here and there is also delightful.
  • Saydie
    Saydie Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am kinda surprised no one else has mentioned using America Chavez against Ultron.  She was made to smack him down...he earns no AP of his own (occasional match from the board shifting when he destroys a row, but mostly he's at a nice 0 across the board.)  A couple turns, max, and she's making crits, one or two more and she's making critical tiles and doing 4k-5k damage also.  It almost doesn't matter who you pair her with, though I have always liked Quake for her blue to go straight for the bombs, even if she isn't boosted now.  Or the standard Rocket&Groot + AnyOtherGuardian for increased damage to hammer him down fast.  Since it's basically Chavez doing all the work and the AP is collected more than used, the increased match damage + Crits, PLUS straight automatic nuke damage mean it doesn't really matter if you start losing the strikes to row destruction...they're just bonus while they last.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saydie said:
    I am kinda surprised no one else has mentioned using America Chavez against Ultron.  She was made to smack him down...he earns no AP of his own (occasional match from the board shifting when he destroys a row, but mostly he's at a nice 0 across the board.)  A couple turns, max, and she's making crits, one or two more and she's making critical tiles and doing 4k-5k damage also.  It almost doesn't matter who you pair her with, though I have always liked Quake for her blue to go straight for the bombs, even if she isn't boosted now.  Or the standard Rocket&Groot + AnyOtherGuardian for increased damage to hammer him down fast.  Since it's basically Chavez doing all the work and the AP is collected more than used, the increased match damage + Crits, PLUS straight automatic nuke damage mean it doesn't really matter if you start losing the strikes to row destruction...they're just bonus while they last.
    She has had some discussion in the thread in the Events forum specifically on teams against Ultron. I've been using her with GSBW and Hulkbuster and it's been working really well.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'm usually not a big fan, but XF Deadpool can practically run solo against Ultron.  
    This is off-topic but that's okay, it's my topic. XFDeadpool was absolutely destroying fools in his off-season PvP for me, and I only have him at level 150. I had Okoye tanking all the damage, so I was getting one of DP's black countdowns every single turn. Okoye would add her (black passive) damage so all I had to do was match TU tiles and watch the damage skyrocket every turn.
    I came here to profess my love for Okoye/XFDeadpool as well. My DP is only 130, but his black countdown tiles boosted by Okoye put in work! And if you can spear a row of his Countdown for What tiles? Mwah! Masterpiece! 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have been really enjoying 5* daredevil, 4* Carol, 4* wasp. You just mad dash the 6 blue and let daredevil tank while wasp and Carol work their evil magic.

I am trying to prep for life without gambit. Daredevil and gambit are my only 2 5's.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    I have been really enjoying 5* daredevil, 4* Carol, 4* wasp. You just mad dash the 6 blue and let daredevil tank while wasp and Carol work their evil magic.

I am trying to prep for life without gambit. Daredevil and gambit are my only 2 5's.
    I'm sure Gambit has overshadowed Daredevil on your roster, but DD is definitely one of the better 5*s, in my opinion. He was my sole 5* champ for several months, and he can take a beating and just keep coming back for more, adding strike tiles along the way. 

Try running him with Gamora. They're BFFs. There's complete rainbow coverage between the two of them, with only yellow being a passive. Gamora's cheap stun will let you take advantage of Sonar Strike, and her black will create strike and attack tiles that will beef up Sonar Strike. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Medusa, Hawkguy, Gwenpool. The first two are mostly there just to feed Gwen green and purple. Then she destroys basically everything.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Deadpool, Beast, Blade

Sometimes I don't get a chance to get enough purple for Whales, Whales, Whales but even then the team works well, they just take longer to win. I especially like when Blade's The Thirst activates and/or when Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough creates attack tiles.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Antman/Carnage/someone with a black active. Medusa is probably better, but still, this was fun. If you can get Small Time Crooks out quickly, the enemy Attack tiles are just a non-issue.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Antman, Wasp (4*) and Lockjaw.  They're the only 4's have boosted for Strange Sights and they actually play very well together (not sure I would have thought of this team left to my own devices)...it's nice to finally have good team for Lockjaw.
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    OML, Psylocke and Kamala have been treating me well in SHIELD Simulator. OML tanks both red and black for charging up Psylocke's offensive abilities, as well as healing any damage taken AND creating red strike tiles to help lower the cost of Psychic Knife. Then because Psylocke's abilities are so cheap and spammable, Kamala helps keep health topped off, as well as providing a use for any green and purple AP that I might wind up with. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Found good synergy with Kraven, Hawkguy and Carnage in Venom bomb. Both Kraven and Hawguy love enemy tiles. Hawkguy can rather easily true heal.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okoye/XFDP/Drax (the lower level XFDP and Drax, the better).

You're welcome.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Okoye/XFDP/Drax
    Substitute Drax with Medusa and you have the team I'm currently running in Sim & PvP most of the time. Absolutely devastating.