Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I've been using America/Surfer/C&D for most of DPvMPQ. Not as reliable against tile-movers as I'd like, but it is fun. C&D are pretty good at getting a step ahead of the other team in AP, and then between America's crits and damage, Boosted 5* damage from Surfer, and C&D's Attack tiles mopping up, I've had a couple of 4-5 turn wins on even 4* essential nodes if I get a good cascade right off the bat.

Also, it's not one I'm likely to be using voluntarily, but the current Required trio of America/GSBW/Hawkeye in DPvDPQ is one of the best teams I can remember the Devs giving us as a set of Required characters. Possibly the best. Not only are they all at least decent characters individually, but there's actually some potential synergy there.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

^^^ GladHulk - Agent Venom - America

Yes, that was hilarious, even with a sub 100 level hulk, haha :p 

• Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:

ammenell said:
    thanks to whoever posted rulk, carol and baby groot as gamora, medusa, baby groot counter.
    definitely fun. 
    Yes!

Red Hulk + 4Carol + 4Grocket

This is my new go-to team against Rocket/Gamora/Medusa in shield sim. My alliance mate GetSomeNuts tipped me off to this team. He called it 'the cure for Grodeusa'.  :)  Just tank with Rhulk and let his passive countdowns trigger Carol's passive to buff all of Grocket's tiles. The match will be over in short order. Wonderful!
    A little late seeing this, but thank you for this.  I pounded through shield training.   REALLY thanks...

I entered Red Hulk + 4Carol + 4Grocket  in my team up database...

Form for entering team is http://tiny.cc/MPQteam
    For looking at the list of teams is http://tiny.cc/MPQteams

any other great anti-grodeusa teams... 
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Yesterday with the Deadpool Daily required 3* I stumbled on a team that turned out to be pretty fun.  

Spidey (3*), Thing and Gwenpool -- Put it together just cause Thing & Gwen are two people I don't use much, but between Spidey and Gwen shields, I ended up having even power damage negated to less than 100 within a few turns.  Then with all 3 having at least one good damage color/power clean up time was a snap.  
  • Saydie
    Saydie Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Speaking of said 3* essential node...I actually had a blast with Medusa and then Lockjaw for a third.  His yellow at 5 (and yes he was champed) has him jumping to the front and taking zero damage when the AI matches one of your special tiles and doing 3.5k damage or so to help them kill themselves off, with him boosted.  I actually leave Carnage up as long as possible be cause I love him making me special tiles now. :)
  • TPF Alexis
    A while back, someone (I can't remember who, and I can't find it again) mentioned America/Strange/C4ge as a goon buster team, which I've adopted myself. Not so good against tile-movers, tho.

Then, between champing Mockingbird and a couple of teams I ran across in Sim, I thought maybe I'd give it a try against tile-movers by subbing her in for Strange. It's not perfect, but Opportunist goes a long way toward making up for when the AI gets those crazy cascades, and pretty quickly you're throwing around Bombshell, Hero for Hire, and Buncha Fiddle-Faddle for free, which tends to wrap things up pretty fast after that point.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    A while back, someone (I can't remember who, and I can't find it again) mentioned America/Strange/C4ge as a goon buster team, which I've adopted myself.
    I suggested this team over in the Explain Your Team! thread. I've been exploring ways to make Chavez more viable against active opponents and keep falling back to the Hood, but he's so squishy - especially in our 4-star MMR - that he isn't viable. I don't have Mockingbird champed yet but I think I'm only a cover away so I hope to get her champed soon and give your suggestion a shot.
  • TPF Alexis
    I thought it might have been you, but my memory is terrible, and like I said, I couldn't find that post. It's still not as good in its niche as the Strange version is against goons, but it's the best 4* Chavez team I've come up with against actual characters.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it might have been you, but my memory is terrible, and like I said, I couldn't find that post. It's still not as good in its niche as the Strange version is against goons, but it's the best 4* Chavez team I've come up with against actual characters.
    What about Blade as a third?  Can get use out of chasing and holding onto red and don’t have to worry about spending it. The problem is his black has a chance go fire with opportunist.

MEH Hulk is a popular one for free powerbombs. And the tile swapping more likely to do something with America’s crits. 

Ultimately though I think Vulture is best. His powers won’t fire when he’s airborne and even if they do, they’re good powers. He covers three active colors that the Bobbi and Chavez don’t, and he accelerates AP, which is America’s thing.  
  • TPF Alexis
    When not against goons, there are other options to replace C4ge, but I still like him there because he does ridiculous damage when Opportunist is firing his powers for free.

I don't have Bl4de or MEHulk champed, so I haven't used them. Best team for MAC that I've used, I said. ;) I tried Vulture, but he ends up causing issues by draining blue when he goes airborne.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Yeah Bl4de is a monster on that team. Bl4de/America/Strange has become my go-to. I'd rather use Strange and America together than have to pick one. Then again, I don't feel an AP accelerator is necessary when fighting all goons with that team. All you have to do is match the colors they don't generate themselves, and even in the colors they do self-generate, the AP will def be used regularly. I choose Blade mainly for speed as well, his strike tiles will consistently increase damage per turn, and usually reliably. Regardless of how much "free" ap generation you do with MEH or Mockingbird, you're still limited to America's powers only proc'ing once per turn. So I like that once per turn to incrementally hit harder per turn. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Yeah, the anti-goon version of the team doesn't bother with an accelerator. Mockingbird or whoever is only needed against tile-movers.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and 3* Daredevil is a pretty slow and steady team, but highly efficient with results. At least for me.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Thor, America, and Valkyrie is pretty excellent, even with a low-coverage Valkyrie.

I mean, Thormerica plus just about anything is pretty excellent, but Thor's match damage means that Valkyrie basically turns his green ability from a 12 cost to a 6 cost at times.
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Vulture/gsbw/strang3 has been amazeballs for me in this pvp. 

My vulture isnt even that good lol
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Jrlrma said:
    Vulture/gsbw/strang3 has been amazeballs for me in this pvp. 

My vulture isnt even that good lol
    Absolutely can see that working with a Vulture that isn't 5 covers on green.  Match black, then purple, and away you go!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    This event's boosted list taught me how to use Coulson, Cho, and someone (oh, let's say Hood) to punch faces by focusing on team-up matches.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today I had an Elite Token turn into my first Jessica Jones cover (blue), curtosity of a LT off a Hawkguy champ level.  

I wanted to have a detective team of JJ and Howard (mine is Lv271, 4/5/4).  I added Hawkguy as a third since he helped get JJ, I thought he’d be useful against symbiots and couldn’ t think of a third MPQ detective on my roster.  Even though I only meant to use them on the trivials, so far they’ve comfortably burned through all the non-essential clears of SCL7 (largely on the back of JJ’s new character boost). 

I definitely wouldn’t play them competitively (especially after the new character boost is done), but they’ve been a lot of fun...
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    hi- any team up ideas for Nightcrawler...

recently champed him, not thinking of much aside from Scarlet Witch for purple to make purple dominate on the board

respond with ideas in my public db http://tiny.cc/MPQteam  or in this discussion

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol, Coulson and either Antman or Beast. Lots of cheap countdowns and special tiles for C4rol to process.