Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used a random generator and came across a great fun team (not super effective, but fun)

Mr. Fantastic, Loki, 3* Angel. 

Lots of healing and lots of critical matches and lots of countdown tiles
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As was suggested in the MEHulk thread I tried MEH, Chavez and Mockingbird.  Mockingbird is a great partner for MEH because his powers are so expensive...combine him with Chavez and it's Crits everywhere...was destroying teams in SIM left and right.  For added fun go in with a crit boost.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The Cascade Kings and the Critical Queen

Team composition

4* America Chavez: 3/5/5
    4* Agent Venom: 5/3/5
    5* Thor: 5/5/3

How To Play

The best way to use this team is to start the match up with Thor at 50% health. He will do all the tanking while visible. Focus on the main threat to Thor, so for example, Gambit. Generally, you want to chase after yellow so you can use Agent Venom's yellow. But the real magic happens when you hit the 14 AP threshold to activate Alien Weakness which leads to your team destroying 10 random tiles per turn, opening the gates to Cascade City where the Critical Queen awaits with gifts of critical tiles and tickets to the multiverse. So basically it's about reaching the 14 AP threshold as soon as possible.

Results

Still testing it out but is a viable option against a full fledged 5* team (ex: Gambit, Thor, DD). Since Thor will be tanking everything, the higher you have him the better. Consider the level of your opponent's team and how much damage your Thor is likely to take before you can get the yellow 11AP to keep him invisible for 4 turns. I haven't lost a match yet with this team but I did have a close one where I needed to use a MBW sting TU . That was against a team rocking a lvl 468 Thor, 492 DD, and 483 Gambit. I am using a lvl 472 5* Thor, 313 Agent Venom, and 275 America Chavez for those that are curious.

Downsides

Unless you get a really great opening board, be prepared to use a HP after the match on Thor. Although if you are in that sweet spot where your only champed 5* is Thor and you are still getting matched up with 4* teams, I imagine you can do a handful matches before needing one. Also, the critical tiles AC generates can potentially work in your opponent's favor. I sometimes found myself matching them away with colors I didn't need to prevent the enemy from downing my Thor.

Recommended for

- Fans of Thor, Agent Venom, or America Chavez
    - Players who like generating cascades
    - Players whose highest or only champed 5* is Thor

Final Thoughts
    A really fun team for those that prefer their MPQ shaken, not stirred. 
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    heybub said:
    Had fun with 5* Gambit, Bl4de, & 3* Dr Strange.  Now, my Gambit only has 1 red and 3 black covers, so there may be better teams/uses with a champed Gambit, but it's a way to gain red to fuel up Bl4de's bloodlust while keeping reds on the boards to create strikes early in the match.  By the time Blade starts attacking with bloodlust, I usually have 4-5 good strikes on the board and Gambit keeps Blade in a frenzy.  Then you can finish them off with Gambit's red.
    I like those two with Carol as a third.  My Gambit is 5/3/5 but still level 255.  Basically, Carol buffs all of Blade's strikes to game-over levels with the countdowns from Gambit's purple.  And it is all done passively.

Great idea!  I don't have any Gambit purple to make that work, but when I do, I'll try it out.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    America Chavez, Medusa, Daken/Bruce Banner. Only two Active powers, so AP just keeps building up. Ideal would be with America enough higher level than Medusa so that she tanks yellow as well, but I don't know how much higher that would need to be

I liked it better with Daken, because his Strikes made for extra healing from Medusa, but Banner gives better match damage on the colours America doesn't tank.

I used it on the H3 node in FfW that isn't giving points just to play around with, but I think I might try it in the Shield Sim, and when Daken's PvP rolls around too. Should be pretty hard for the AI to mess it up.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I usually breeze through the easiest pve nodes with an all 3* team of Strange, Cyclops and Squirrel Girl.  This morning, though, I received a new America Chavez cover and came up with the following new team:

5/3/5 3* Strange
    0/1/4 4* America Chavez
    0/0/1 5* Gambit

Sure, Strange already did the heavy lifting on these nodes, but I'm finding it fun gathering AP for America's green.  Having the other two characters with only 6 covers between them (because that's what the RNG has provided me) is also amusing.  Not that I wouldn't like more America covers, if you're listening oh mighty RNG....
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been running this team in Prodigal Sun:

5/3/5 3* Strange L248 (so, L346 boosted)
    5/3/5 4* Star-Lord L272
    2/1/3 5* Hawkeye L257

You end up with the following sequence of events starting with the first goon power:
    • Strange burns said goon for damage and burst heals,
    • Star-Lord puts a CD tile on the board.
    • Next turn: Hawkeye fortifies a CD tile.
    • As CD tiles resolve: random AP from Star-Lord plus 2 blue plus 2 red from Hawkeye.
    • With a Star-Lord CD on the board, Strange's blue goes down to 7 for a 3-turn stun and significant damage. Did I mention that each resolved CD gets you 2 blue?
    • And Star-Lord's red goes down to 6. With fortified CDs on the board to amp up its damage.
    Pretty fun.
  • optimus2861
    Options
    The synergy wouldn't be the same. It's all about the free, fortified, CD tiles that feed Strange's blue and SL's red.

IM40's kinda boring after a while.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I was fooling around with a Chavez/SWitch/Nightcrawler team in simulator earlier. My Chavez is only 1/2/5 level 131, but even so, that Bamfinite combo with free criticals was hilarious. Nightcrawler is such a good AP factory, and Switch helps get it moving. I had every color up in the 20s very rapidly. I kind of wiped out on the classic medusa/4ocket/g4mora team, but i think that situation would be different with a fully operational Chavez battlestation in the future. I won, but it was down to barely alive Nightcrawler avoiding 4ocket's self-harm explosion that took him out. Is there a 4* purple battery with anything approaching the efficacy of SWitch? I can't think of one.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know it's nothing new, but this event was the first time I've used Thano5 since I got a black cover for him, and I'm having a bunch of fun with Panthos. I'm sure it'll get boring eventually, but right now I'm having a great time with it.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was fooling around with a Chavez/SWitch/Nightcrawler team in simulator earlier. My Chavez is only 1/2/5 level 131, but even so, that Bamfinite combo with free criticals was hilarious. Nightcrawler is such a good AP factory, and Switch helps get it moving. I had every color up in the 20s very rapidly. I kind of wiped out on the classic medusa/4ocket/g4mora team, but i think that situation would be different with a fully operational Chavez battlestation in the future. I won, but it was down to barely alive Nightcrawler avoiding 4ocket's self-harm explosion that took him out. Is there a 4* purple battery with anything approaching the efficacy of SWitch? I can't think of one.
    I can confirm that when this team works it is ridiculously amusing. My Lvl 209 Chavez (2/3/5) lvl 274 Nightcrawler and Lvl 266 SW took out a Lvl 435 OML and champed Bl4de and Vulture with only Nightcrawler taking more than 10% damage

granted, I got a ridiculous cascade in my first turn and never looked back
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nightcrawler and Chavez together is a blast :) Sad that my switch is currently regrowing after topping out and being recycled. Can't really think of another good purple battery. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    Nightcrawler and Chavez together is a blast :) Sad that my switch is currently regrowing after topping out and being recycled. Can't really think of another good purple battery. 
    I was considering using Mohawk Storm for the continued board shake, and AP gain on active yellow and green, but that still doesn't move the team up into 4* territory. Medusa and Coulson can generate purple un-reliably based on other board conditions, and there are characters like 4Clops who can generate the "team's strongest color," but I think that actually putting purple tiles on the board is pretty important to the combo, so maybe it'll always be SWitch for this team?
  • optimus2861
    Options
    This one surprised me, but as I started using it, I realized it's not bad at all.

Wasp - Peggy - Sandman.

Re-spec Sandman to 5/5/3. You don't really care about his yellow; but his purple becomes a solid yellow battery for Wasp. Fire Wasp's yellow as often as you can. Her black is great. Peggy is great. Wasp's blue is good while you're building up blue for Peggy. Sandman's green gets the job done.

This team ripped through 5 or 6 nodes with barely a scratch in Prodigal Sun yesterday until a bad cascade let Torch cast both his red & black despite Peggy's presence.
  • gibbojab
    gibbojab Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My favorite team lately is Ghost Rider 4*, Cloak&Dagger,  and Gamora 4* or vulture. Ghost rider’s green becomes low cost really fast and just wipe out whole opposing team. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, been dabbling in Nefarious foes with an incredible boosted list - Rhulk, Vulture, & 3Magneto are slaughtering all comers.
  • optimus2861
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Okay, been dabbling in Nefarious foes with an incredible boosted list - Rhulk, Vulture, & 3Magneto are slaughtering all comers.
    Holy tinykitty, that is one evil team. Thanks for the tip.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The boosted list had me using Medusa/Invisible Woman/Eddie Brock against Mindless Ones and mini-Ultrons in the last event, and it was pleasantly face-melting.
  • optimus2861
    Options
    I've run 4* Luke Cage, 4* Iron Fist, and 4* Star-Lord (5/5/3) against the Mindless Ones. Once they start spamming their powers, yours get dirt cheap and you get bonus AP as the countdowns resolve. Cage & Fist make short work of them once they get going.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Magn3to, Mystique and Bulls3ye for Nefarious Foes. They destroyed teams pretty fast. Even won a lot of matches with the AI.