Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage/Kraven (both boosted) were a lot of fun in Nefarious Foes with a variety of partners. Nico and Medusa being my favorite third. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just dinking around in SHIELD Sim, but I'm having fun with 5* Daredevil, MEHulk and Switch. It's fun one-shotting full health 5* champs. Only downsides are there's no active blue, red, or black powers and there's no better purple battery than the 3* Switch. I imagine it's pretty easy to take her out pretty quick, so she's poor on defense.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Shuri with boosted Iceman in the Loki PVP was my A-team. It was tons of fun stunning a character for four turns and then punching another for about 16k all for the low cost of 6 AP total. Just insane. I know I’m singing her praises a lot but I’d get used to it. Shuri really is THAT good.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried Loki's PVP with him, Carnage and Carol with fantastic results. Just feed the opponent all the match 4s and watch my attack tiles soar. Adding Carol's strikes on top of that just piles on the pain further
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has posted about this team but I really like Carnage, Mr. Fantastic and Hawkguy.

The key to this team is to keep stunning the opponent's team with Mr. F's blue. With Carnage keeps making enemy attack tiles, you have more options to get blue even if there isn't that many blue on the board. Mr. F's blue also creates strong protect tiles, which after one or two cast, will reduce the downside of Carnage's black to 1 damage every turn. 

After there are enough protect tiles, you can focus on collecting black AP to fire Imaginaut. Matching enemy attack tiles also give you purple AP, which you can use to fire Hawkguy's purple, creating strike tiles on the board. Strike tiles boost Imaginaut's damage, and you will want to chase red and green to fire Carnage's power anyway. 

If you're lucky, you can beat a strong team without taking much damage at all. I've used this team to beat strong boost characters like Red Hulk, Mordo, Vulture, Iceman and Hulkbuster already. Sometime a match can go really badly though, but still I really enjoy this team. And it gives me an excuse to use 3* characters that I rarely use, now that I'm in 4* land.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My latest fun team is (all 3*):

Scarlet Witch, Dr. Doom and Thor

I threw them together because I was looking for a rainbow team with Scarlet Witch as the main character. For some reasons, it worked out pretty well for me. I was focusing on either gathering blue or yellow or green depending on the board. Sometimes I get blue match 3 due to SW's passive countdown appearing at the "right" place.  I can use Dr. Doom's or Scarlet Witch's purple to deal AOE + Stun or single high damage. I think it's due to two AOE abilities or was it due to SW's self-generating purple that allows me to focus on other colours?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only have the one cover but red Jessica Jones was fun used with Medusa and Kamala Khan on her essential mission in Ultron, a girl power team. Jess throws somebody through a door which makes strikes tiles and gets KK healing the team. Medusa can then match these if needed for more healing (or enemy does) whilst matching enemy tiles to gain AP for Kamala to fire green or either of them for purple. Just a shame the blue AP goes to waste.
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This probably isn't groundbreaking by any means, but I had a reasonable of success against Ultron using 2* Magneto, Mystique, and Scarlet Witch. Wanda probably could have been substituted for someone else, but she was boosted and my roster isn't particularly well developed, so I went with her. Mystique and Magneto are the stars though because of their little endless back and forth they can do, which was particularly useful against Ultron, as at a certain point he doesn't get the chance to make any more bomb tiles, and you can slowly whittle him down as opposed to just rushing whatever nukes you can get the ap for before the first bomb tile hits the bottom of the board. Magneto's purple is also useful for removing bomb tiles if you get strategic with it (though the board is a variable). Otherwise my experience in the Ultron event would have been much less entertaining and more frustrating.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been using  Clint/Chavez/Nightcrawler

Lots of Crits and if purple is the prominent color, matches end very quickly 

Pretty fun team
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MEHulk, America and Mockingbird is an insane combo. This is the ultimate in high risk, high reward. Hulk gets America going almost immediately. Worst case scenario is Hulk switches tiles that don't really help or hurt you. If he gives the enemy a match four then Mockingbird goes off and if you get a match four then it just keeps America going.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi,
    I love reading this topic, there are some great ideas. 

A couple of things make it hard to enjoy thou
    Sometimes people abbreviate, eg GSBW took me a long time to get grey suit black widow...
    Sometimes people don't say which star variety it is... Star Lord could be 3/4/5 star

And sometimes you know you read about a team for character x.  But you can't find it.   

So I made a db with a google form.   
    It will store peoples entries and then is searchable. 

Form for entering team is http://tiny.cc/MPQteam

For looking at the list of teams is http://tiny.cc/MPQteams

Tell me what you think...  on different discussion so we don't clog up this one.  (I put it here 'cuz this is the inspiration spot for me)
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71362/team-builds-database/p1?new=1

TIm
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Hood required in Unholy Outlaw, America Chavez seemed like a good candidate to take advantage of his AP steal. I tried a couple of other third members (Blade and She-Hulk) before settling on Medusa to round out the team.

Hood is too fragile to use in PvP when you don't have to, but in PvE or his PvP, it's fantastic. Very quickly hitting double digits on all AP pools most of the time, crit tiles everywhere, and America's match damage goes through the roof. This was the first time I've made it to 750 in PvP without taking a hit.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    I feel like I want to make a Carndusa appreciation thread. The amount of characters that pair amazingly well with them (including many bottom tier 4s) is astonishing.  I can’t even think of a favorite character to pair with them as all have unique strengths.  While top tier characters like Iceman and Vulture can use the copious amounts of blue/green AP to do their things, Carnage and Medusa also give characters like Kraven, Lockjaw, Nico and Mr. Fantastic more reasons to live. All hail Carndusa! 
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    I posted this in Shuri’s thread, but it is worth repeating here. 

ME Hulk, Shuri, Iron Fist is my favorite team right now. 

Cast Shuri’s red OR Hulk’s yellow and you get the 5 fortifieds you need to -3 your AP costs and +3 theirs. Once that happens it is super easy to flood the board with fortifieds  (Iron Fist creates them as well). 

Iron Fist at 3/5/5 becomes even quicker with his blue essentially costing 3, his green essentially costing 2 (after casting blue with enough strikes) and his black ends up costing 5 (after casting green). That’s INSANE damage for the AP cost.

Hulk’s powerbomb becomes a reasonable 11 and all the crits matching the fortified tiles on the board triggering Shuri’s Vibranium Virtuoso makes it an “I win” button.

Just a super fun team with full rainbow coverage and amazing synergy.
    Just champed Spider-Gwen today and tried plugging her in with Shuri/Fist instead of Meh Hulk.  I had really good results on offense. 

Pros:
    - Makes fortified Web Tiles that dont disappear like Hulks Countdowns. 
    - With fortifieds, her Yellow/Purple cost 3 AP each instead of the Hulk’s 9/11 AP costs.

Cons:
    - Her and Shuri’s best powers (by far) are both Red 
    - Team is not AI-dummy-proof. 

I’m open to other good Gwen team suggestions. I know she pairs well with Miles, but the triple overlap is rough. And it sucks that it takes two of them to do with web tiles what one Medusa can do with any attack/strike/protect tile. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like I want to make a Carndusa appreciation thread. The amount of characters that pair amazingly well with them (including many bottom tier 4s) is astonishing.  I can’t even think of a favorite character to pair with them as all have unique strengths.  While top tier characters like Iceman and Vulture can use the copious amounts of blue/green AP to do their things, Carnage and Medusa also give characters like Kraven, Lockjaw, Nico and Mr. Fantastic more reasons to live. All hail Carndusa! 
    Mr. Fantastic is the best third. Yeah, Vulture and Iceman can be nasty thirds, but nothing beats Mr. F here. As soon as you get his blue stun off he makes those fortified defense tiles and now all the sudden you're not taking any damage from Carnage's attack tiles or match damage. With Medusa gathering blue for him, you can keep 1-2 people stunned at all times and just shut down the other team. I realize Iceman has a nice stun too, but Mr. F gives you those defense tiles... plus his passive heal on top of Medusa's gives you an annoying longevity that is hard for the enemy to overcome. It's a slower team, but it's a can't-lose team on offense and generates a lot of defensive wins.

The only team you can't bring Cardusa against is Grocket/Gamora teams because of Carnage. His attack tiles plus Grocket's strikes will eat you alive.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MEH 5/5/3 
    America Chavez 3/5/5
    Agent Venom 5/3/5

Cascade and match 4 carnage. I proc AV at 5/3/5 because you WANT Alien Weakness to go off and have more random tile destruction and shuffle. That’s also why I put MEH at 5/3/5. This team is based on AC doing most of the damage. You don’t want to fire off any powers except as finishers (MEH’s purple) or protection (AV’s yellow, which turns teammates invisible for 4 turns at 5). 

When Alien weakness starts going off, you’re gonna be having turns where you’ll get a bunch of tiles moving before you even touch a screen.....

- MEH’s Grand Entrance activates (possible match or cascade)
    - AC drops a critical tile (probable match and cascade)
    - AC does damage
    - AV’s alien weakness activates (probable match and cascade)
    - then you finally move a tile, looking for match 4s.

its very fun and chaotic. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really want to try the GladHulk/Agent Venom combo I have been calling for that since he came out glad to hear it works I just don't have enough covers in GladHulk to do it.  I was planning to have C&D as the 3 to generate yellow for GladHulk or black for Agent Venom.

Tried one today since he was boosted for PVP.  Rags/Ironheat and Phoenix.  Everybody should know the Rags/Iroheart winfinite combo by this point but I have never like the third character suggested, usually IM40 or Vulture, the team get too beat up too quickly for my liking.  With Phoenix she tanks almost all the damage, so when/if she dies she comes back and can drop her green if necessary (I would use Iroheart's green if possible for control) but basically collect pink/red/blue once you have ~12 red the match should be over.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40 works really well for Ragfinity. It usually only takes one Recharge, so you can potentially hit the winfinite in 4 turns (2 to gather yellow, 2 for the countdowns). I rarely take much damage using this team, but it's better if Riri is boosted rather than Rags and that's the only time I'll use them in PvP.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ^^^ GladHulk - Agent Venom - America

Stupid fun. You are beatable. You do take damage. But it's pretty hysterical. Won a match the other day and had no idea why. Stuff just kept happening.