Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nightcrawler looks like a support character and I would run him at 5/5/3 (purple/red/blue) because I would like to have some kind of control and I can't exactly control how many strongest colour ap my opponent has but I can control the number of strongest colour I can have. Actually if you run 3* BP, you can give them 5 ap in their strongest colour using 3* BP AOE and then use NightCrawler's blue to reduce their strongest ap by 4 and gain 4 ap in that colour. 

NightCrawler's primary usage is his 7ap purple ability that turns 8 basic tiles into the colour most present on the board. 

On a glance:

Bad teammate would be:
    1) special tiles creator
    2) characters fighting with him over purple (3* Iron Fist)

Good teammate would be:

1) coloured tiles creators (Scarlet Witch)

2) someone who converts or destroys colourless tiles (3*: Magneto, Cyclops, Storm)

3) someone who removes or destroys special tiles (3* Hawkeye gains you 2 purple and 2 blue ap for each special tile matched)

4) a team with purple as the strongest colour and can generate strongest colour ap like Professor X)

5) characters who destroy a certain tiles colour such as x-force wolverine

3) making a team with purple as your strongest colour ap and/or someone who can gives you ap for strongest colour for doing certain things like Professor X or Valkryie.

Rogue is a wildcard because a match 3 gives you 6 ap and a match 4 8. 

NightCrawler (purple/red/blue)
    Rogue (green/red/yellow)
    3* Cyclops (red/yellow/black)

I think the focus would be red: cyclops to take of colourless tiles and turn them red and Rogue to give you 2x ap gain. Rogue red to destroy special tiles and gain ap for tiles destroyed.

If yoy are looking for "Infinity Loop": NightCrawler/3* SW and Professor X.
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Jrlrma said:
    Vulture/gsbw/strang3 has been amazeballs for me in this pvp. 

My vulture isnt even that good lol
    Absolutely can see that working with a Vulture that isn't 5 covers on green.  Match black, then purple, and away you go!
    Yeah her sniper built up pretty quick but i was also collecting blue just fast enough on avg to essentially stunlock whoever i was targeting. 

Good times lol
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jrlrma said:
    Jrlrma said:

Absolutely can see that working with a Vulture that isn't 5 covers on green.  Match black, then purple, and away you go!
    Yeah her sniper built up pretty quick but i was also collecting blue just fast enough on avg to essentially stunlock whoever i was targeting. 

Good times lol
    I was running my 2 red cover JJ, boosted SWitch and Vulture (3/3/3) in PVE.  That was pretty fun.  I can see how a high cover, low level Vulture would be amazing with a good tank in front of him.
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Jrlrma said:
    Jrlrma said:

Good times lol
    I was running my 2 red cover JJ, boosted SWitch and Vulture (3/3/3) in PVE.  That was pretty fun.  I can see how a high cover, low level Vulture would be amazing with a good tank in front of him.
    Its funny you mention that, I almost beat a team of switch, riri, and jj w my vulture, im40 and 5green she hulk(lv 100ish). Super duper ap denial lol. Jj just hits way too hard boosted. Its crazy how good vulture is once he gets in the air and w she hulk, you can run a crazy defensive game if you have a tank as well. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jrlrma said:
    Jrlrma said:
    Jrlrma said:

Good times lol
    Its funny you mention that, I almost beat a team of switch, riri, and jj w my vulture, im40 and 5green she hulk(lv 100ish). Super duper ap denial lol. Jj just hits way too hard boosted. Its crazy how good vulture is once he gets in the air and w she hulk, you can run a crazy defensive game if you have a tank as well. 

JJ is the perfect tank with her pure matching power. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I usually prefer to team for synergy rather than rainbow, but this latest boosted list means you can do both: Coulson/4* IF/Nova.  Collect red or yellow or black with a little bit of blue, then hit people with pointy tiles and countdowns reinforced by pointy tiles all day long.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the current Apocalypse boss event, I'm really enjoying 5* Jean (mine is 2/0/1, Lv282 unboosted), Kate Bishop (mine is 5/5/3, Lv272) and IM40 (currently mine is 5/3/5, Lv241).  The team's strongest color is green, so the siphon only hurts you if Jean is downed and returns "From the Ashes".  Otherwise, in a pinch she can absorb a death countdown without losing a team member long term (hasn't happened yet, as of Round 5).  Battery Man does his thing and Kate's blue nullified Apocalypse's healing (and does pretty impressive damage) if you can't one-shot him in a single turn or eliminate all the horsemen.  Through round 5, Phoenix red, Kate blue+black one shots him, so I'll probably need a better group in future rounds, but I'm doubting my alliance gets past Round 6, so that's probably a moot point...

Given the boosted list, Mockingbird/Teen Jean/Scarlet Witch is probably objectively better, but that's not always what this thread is about :)
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried Mockingbird, Falcap and Green Goblin vs Apocalypse. It wasn't bad for a bit of fun. Mockingbird hid behind GG so red easier to build and the bombs get fortified by him and reduced by Falcap's blue matches to instakill Apocalypse for 22k damage. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just champed Mockingbird and looking for good teams with her. Tried her with Chavez and Nightcrawler in the sim, and that was fun. I was swimming in AP and letting Chavez do her thing. It was amusing when the enemy would make a match-4 and Mockingbird would trigger Nightcrawler's BAMF!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Just champed Mockingbird and looking for good teams with her. Tried her with Chavez and Nightcrawler in the sim, and that was fun. I was swimming in AP and letting Chavez do her thing. It was amusing when the enemy would make a match-4 and Mockingbird would trigger Nightcrawler's BAMF!
    Ooh, I've got them all champed, too. I should give that a go.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Kate's blue nullified Apocalypse's healing (and does pretty impressive damage) if you can't one-shot him in a single turn or eliminate all the horsemen.  
    Wow...I will really have to remember that the next time this event is run.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasp 5/5/3
    Gwenpool 5/3/5
    C&D 5/3/5

Wasp and Gwenpool are a great duo. GP’s Plot Armor sets up Wasp’s Tactical Intuition nicely. C&D keep the field full of black or yellow. Gwen’s powers hit very hard and Wasp is a solid helper character. 
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wasp: 5/5/3
    Cloak and Dagger: 3/5/5 / Medusa: 5/5/3
    Captain Marvel: 5/5/3 (Arguable 3/5/5)

Hit 6 blue and just watch your attack tiles build up. You will have them grow ridiculously fast. Cloak and Dagger gives the more reliable attack tiles but I've always had a soft spot for Medusa's healing and AP gain. With the amount of 4* Rockets I've run into, she is pretty damn valuable.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3*Storm (-/-/5), Lockjaw (5/-/-), Medusa (5/4/4)

Chase black and once you fire Storm's black, it's fun time! as you keep healing and hardly take any damage while dealing damage to enemies.

Alternative, can use Cloak and Dagger at (5/3/5) to speed up obtaining black for Storm.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tee said:
    Wasp: 5/5/3
    Cloak and Dagger: 3/5/5
    Captain Marvel: 5/5/3 (Arguable 3/5/5)
    How this team escaped me, when I've been trying different Wasp/Carol teams with my newly champed Wasp, I'll never know. Brilliant! I just tried a couple matches in the SIM with them and totally dominated. I'm guessing it's a decent defensive team as well, since the passives pretty much take over and can win on auto-pilot.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    How this team escaped me, when I've been trying different Wasp/Carol teams with my newly champed Wasp, I'll never know. Brilliant! I just tried a couple matches in the SIM with them and totally dominated. I'm guessing it's a decent defensive team as well, since the passives pretty much take over and can win on auto-pilot.
    Wasp in general is just a great character. One of the most balanced characters in MPQ right now but with very good roles on specitic lineups.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In the last PVP I was having fun with 3 * storm, Nico, and Medusa. Get enough black too far off storms hailstorm, Nico starts improving all the attack tiles every turn. I ended up with combined totals for the attack tiles of 10000 to 15000, and you've got Medusa healing the team every time one gets matched and if the other team fires off Hailstorm then use use Medusa's hair meddle to steal a bunch of theirs. Nico and Medusa we're not buffed and my storm is only at 176 so Health was an issue but but seeing that high of a value for the attack tiles was great
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not full teams, but I've been using GG a lot in FfW, and found a couple of nice interactions with his ability to Fortify Countdowns. Specifically with Medusa and Xverine. Watching Wolvie flip out and deal a bunch of damage, and then heal anyway, or getting four Strikes out of one Entanglement tile, feels kind of awesome.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not full teams, but I've been using GG a lot in FfW, and found a couple of nice interactions with his ability to Fortify Countdowns. Specifically with Medusa and Xverine. Watching Wolvie flip out and deal a bunch of damage, and then heal anyway, or getting four Strikes out of one Entanglement tile, feels kind of awesome.
    Medusa and Mr F with Green Goblin let me get attack tiles every turn the tile was up thanks to Flexibility this past match.  Thanks to all the strike tiles that Ultron/Daken were providing, blue AP was *not* a problem.  Move tiles and stun Sentry/Daken.  Match the Entanglement tile. GG fortifies it. Repeat procedure.  If my GG were a little higher, I might try using that team a bit more frequently.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm enjoying using 3* Wolverine, Daken and Gambit for this FFW.

- You want green ap for Wolverine, and when you match green tiles Daken make strike tiles.
    - Gambit can use his black to charge tiles and make self team damage because Daken and Wolverine heal themselves pretty quickly, also his black bursts his red damage and can make purple tiles charged, which is good for Wolverine's green power.
    - When Wolverine uses his green, Gambit can use his purple to overwrite the enemy strike tiles that the enemy created and your team stays with green strike tiles created by Wolverine and red strike tiles created by Daken.
    - And there's always Daken's blue power, which deals high damage because there's a lot (I mean: A LOT) friendly strike tiles on the board

The enemy team is going down pretty fast with this.