Nightcrawler 4/2/4
    Coulson 4/5/3
    TAH 5/5/3

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm probably dense, but who's TAH?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was having quite a bit of fun in the Thanos PvP with him, 5* Daredevil, and Gladiathor. My 5* are still basically unleveled, so it only lasted a couple of matches before needing health packs, but they got back in the zone pretty quickly after that.
  • qandols
    edited January 2018
    After being sick and tired of using Grocket/Medusa I noticed 4*Starlord is boosted now. Team him with C4rol and Nova and you get cheap strikes, cheap countdowns for C4rol and lotsa Rocket Man  :p
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture / boosted Beast / Deadpool (either).

Shee-oot, I haven't had champed Vulture that long but I didn't really grasp just how damn good his black is. It just keeps feeding Beast a constant supply of green to smash up the board (presuming you keep at least one blue special), either spend blue for more specials, or save until your next black to nuke enemy specials (including countdowns!). Red being contributed to DP doesn't hurt. One black match and you do it all again.
  • qandols
    Can't wait for my Vulture to be champed, sounds fun!
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    C4rol and Wasp have been friends for awhile but they've been having a lot of fun with 3* Falcon lately. His purple works really well with Wasp's yellow and he and Wasp do wonders creating countdowns with a few blue matches. I just finished a match against some Maggia goons and had over 10k worth of both strike and protect tiles on the board.
    They'd be great on wave nodes.
  • Nick9819
    Nick9819 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In

5* thor (49%) + chavez = AP/ critical = Win

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Blade and Carol with L255 5* Gambit (5/3/5) Gambit fuels Bloodlust and provides countdowns for Carol to use to buff Blade's strikes.  Basically all fueled passively by Gambit's black.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Super fun because they are buffed for Honor Among Theives. Hawkguy, St4rlord, Gladiator Thor have been so much fun with the goons. My Thor has only 7 covers and is not leveled but there are actives on all colors and Hawkguy’s blue is only 3 ap when Starlord has a countdown out. There is so much going on and so much ap generation. 

I did stop casting Thor’s yellow because sometimes there would be no place for Starlord’s countdowns. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hopped in PVE last night and was trying to find my fastest team to clear with. I don’t know if it’s fastest on my roster, but ended up going with:

Cyclops (3 Red, 5 Yellow/Blue)
    Mockingbird (3 Yellow, 5 Purple/Red)
    Star-Lord (3 Yellow, 5 Red/Purple)

I’ve never used Cyclops and Mockingbird as pure batteries before but it worked super well, especially with Star-Lord reducing AP costs.

Matches in Yellow, Blue, Purple and team-up were all working to fuel Red. I used Star-Lord’s punch as my Red outlet ultimately because between Cyclops and Star-Lord I usually had an insane number of Countdowns out. That was an unexpectedly fast and fun team!
  • TPF Alexis
    I used Grockamora on the first sub of HAT, but they just don't have what it takes for the Mindless Ones in sub 2. Finally settled on C4ge/HoboFist/Vulture. C4ge takes care of the Special Tiles and gets out enough Protects that even Eye Beams are negligible. Vulture and HoboFist have a great black=>blue=>green=>black cycle that just keeps going once you get the six black and keep occasionally matching any of those three. Ends up with some pretty ludicrous Strikes fairly quickly, and then builds from there. Looking forward to giving it a try in some of the sub 3 Wave Nodes.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Nico, MoStorm and Medusa
    I didn’t get a chance to fully experience this team as my Nico is only 1/1/1. The idea is to use Hailstorm as early and as often as possible, creating attack tiles Nico can boost every turn. I chose Medusa as third for the healing as my Nico is so weak, the team would probably benefit more from a good strike tile generator. 
  • Josh2338
    Josh2338 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Iceman + Cloak and Dagger + Vulture is one of the most fun teams I've played with in a while. C&D keeps the board filled with black to feed Vulture who in turn fuels Iceman's powers. The other team is constantly being stunned, punched, and any survivors are wiped out from Iceman's green aoe. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    A recent fun team I used in PvE:

Patch, 3* Hawkeye and Dr. Ock. 

Whenever an enemy special tile is matched, I gain ap and 2 attack tiles. Then I will use Patch's green to throw out 6 strike tiles for each team. I would be doing about 1000+ match damage and another 1000+ damage from the attack tiles. If necessary I would use Hawkeye's black to throw out another 4 enemy special tiles. Then, I would either match away the special tiles to gain ap or use Dr Ock's blue to destroy the special tiles and then deal damage for each. A pity this team is still
    undercovered. Once I got all of them champed, I will try it out in Simulator PvP.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Last time Honor Among Thieves ran, I was using Quake (5/5/3)/3*Strange (5/3/5)/3*Gambit (5/3/5) against the mindless ones, and it was almost comically easy.  With 3* Gambit neutered, I was trying my newly champed Vulture in his place this time.  There's a lot of color overlap, but it's been pretty consistent for me...at least against SCL7 opponents.  Right now I'm running Vulture 4/5/4 as that's how the covers fell when I champed him this week, but I'm not sure if that's ideal for the team.  5/3/5 may be better, but perhaps changing Quake to 3/5/5 and relying on Vulture's stronger green off his black is the way to go.  We'll see after some more testing...

@HoundOfShadow, I tried Patch/Hawkguy/3*Oct in PVE and that team is a blast to play.  Thanks for sharing.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Ive been using boosted Sandman in HAT paired with Cloak & Dagger and Vulture.

C&D Fuels Vultures black and does AoE damage or remove special tiles with yellow.

Vulture fules Sandmans green and removes countdown and special tiles with blue.

Sandman does AoE damage + stuns with green and feel C&D yellow with his purple.

Try it out ;)
  • TPF Alexis
    Not great, but it is a fun gimmick: America Chavez+She-Hulk+Hood. Or anyone else with AP steal/destroy. I think I might have to try America/Hood/OBW when Combined Arms rolls around.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the "That Guy from That Place" and "Under the Sea" DDQ nodes as well as PVE trivials, I've really grown to like the all-1* team of Spider-Man (5/5/3), Storm (5/5/3) and Yelena.  Spider-Man has three good, cheap powers, Storm generates AP & shakes the board and Yelena's black removes special tiles while packing quite a punch, potentially (her purple even lets you kill an opposing character in the most embarrassing way possible).  Nothing world-beating, but certainly a fun team.  
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I use him more often, but now that he's buffed Cap5 is a monster. Buffed level is 500, so battles are pretty quick now. I pair him with BB and Str3nge