Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Hunt was too healthpack-intensive and slow with my uninspired choice of PunMax/Vulture/C&D, so I changed it up with Ghost Rider/Medusa/Riri. That is a face-meltingly good team for this event. Riri blue into GR red (5 covers) into GR green (5 covers), and you're more or less done. Maybe Penance Stare to mop up.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Do you like KK better than Grey Suit Widow for that?

8 purple vs 11, yes I do.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I prefer the place-ability of Widow's greens to guarantee the match 5 to KK's less predictable ability myself; i've just never had great luck getting it to work.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starting to get a feel for a couple of characters and found a couple teams I like 

5* Gambit 5/5/3 lvl 290
    Lockjaw 5/4/4 or 5/5/3 champed
    Drax 5/5/3 champed 

i champed Lockjaw recently and at first, I was trying to use him with 4*Thor/IM40 but it wasn’t really intuitive, they both share a blue, LJ’s yellow becomes useless, and basically turns the dog into a one color pony. 

So with LJ and Gambit boosted for Unstable ISO, I decided to try them out. They go together VERY well. Firstly, they don’t share active colors, so Gambit won’t make LJs powers useless. LJ’s green charge-tile generator is only 8 AP and you don’t have to chase Gambits colors at all. Also, to get the damage out of Gambit’s red, you usually have to wait longer to fire it twice. Well with LJs green fired, you only need to fire it once to get the most damage. 

Another thing is with Gambits purple at 5, he makes 4 2-turn CDs. That’s a decent amount of tiles for the AI to match. And when they do, LJ chomps them for a nice chunk of damage and you don’t take any from the AI. So they can either match it and take damage or let it resolve and take damage..... which gets doubled up on with Drax, who adds damage to every resolving CD that expires. And I put his Destroyer at 5 because I’m not gonna be able to fire his purple or red anyway.

• Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Lockjaw 5/4/4
    Yondu 3/5/5
    4* R&G 3/5/5

the reason I like Yondo instead of Gamora is that with Yondo, you have more AP control over the enemy with his Ravagers Ruse. It creates 7 strikes at most, costs only 7 AP, steals 7 AP from their highest color pool, gives you more things for the AI to match, AND to protect Yondu for when he fires his devastating Centurian Archery. This team shares the same color a lot and that can be a pain with an off-colored board. But it’s really good at the beginning as the AI matches your strike tile for a bunch of damage to them, and none to you. 
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been having fun with poorly covered 5*s recently.

Coulson/Wasp/5* Hawkeye at 2/0/2. Every countdown that expires gives 2 red,blue and random AP. And for 5 red Hawkeye generates a red countdown tile and Coulson generates a random one. Would be so much better with even a single Hawkeye blue cover

Miles/Gwen/5* Parker at 4/0/1. Playing it in Simulator. It's all about creating web tiles to activate Cherry Bomb and feed the yelliow AP gen/heal machine.
  • Pantherfan1973
    Pantherfan1973 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm learning a lot reading this... been playing slightly over two years.  I'm really liking my 5*Hawkeye 2/1/0, SW 5/5/3 and Chuck 5/1/3.  Hawkeye protects SW Arcane Incarnation which leads to Chuck plowing through folks with 5 + matches and the Reality Crush 'em to death. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mentioned it in a few other threads, but  I've been running:
    5* Lord (2/1/3)
    4ocket (3/5/5)
    Nico (3/2/3)

Nico and 4ocket are both boosted right now, so it's maybe not the most apples to apples comparison, but it's been fun chewing through everybody with 5* Lord's match damage while Nico just buffs and buffs 4ocket's strikes every turn.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Working on champing my first 5*, which is gambit. He is at 13 covers but only 3 in his red, still working on the necessary iso... so I team him with vulture and riri. Vulture makes blue, riri turns those into charged reds. Gambit now has probably 2 charged tiles (or a ton of red AP... or both) to start. Let him just fire red a few times and rip people to shreds. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With C&D (5/4/4)  and Hobofist (3/5/5) boosted in Strange Sights, I've been using them with Medusa (4/5/4), especially against the Ultron Sentries who spam special tiles. Works a charm, and before you know it I'm spamming all of Hobofist's skills, since Medusa feeds Blue and Green, the latter of which feeds Like Unto Iron. Meanwhile C&D are doing everything: getting rid of enemy S/A/P; generating Yellow or Black; healing; creating Attack tiles; and can do good damage in a pinch for 3 Purple AP.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With C&D (5/4/4)  and Hobofist (3/5/5) boosted in Strange Sights, I've been using them with Medusa (4/5/4), especially against the Ultron Sentries who spam special tiles. Works a charm, and before you know it I'm spamming all of Hobofist's skills, since Medusa feeds Blue and Green, the latter of which feeds Like Unto Iron. Meanwhile C&D are doing everything: getting rid of enemy S/A/P; generating Yellow or Black; healing; creating Attack tiles; and can do good damage in a pinch for 3 Purple AP.
    I gave this a try, but with Grocket also boosted, I found that them+Medusa+other Guardian ended up being faster and taking less damage. Might have been different if I were in SCL9, but in SCL8, by the time C&D/HoboFist/Medusa got going, everyone on the other team had already dropped. Only place I really wanted this team was the 5* Essential Node, but I'm stuck with Archangel there, so I can't fit in all three.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    america chavez + boosted 5* (especially if they are champed)
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hobofist specced 5/5/3 works well with vulture. As soon as you get 6 black vulture goes airborne and creates blue, green and black. Hobo turns blue into green and green into black so vulture goes airborne again. When you get it rolling it works pretty well. Add a third as desired, grocket would work so you can start generating green after 6 blues instead of needing 12. Has worked well in strange sights so far allowing me to carry my one-cover archangel through the 5* essentials. 
  • Hanedog72
    Hanedog72 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    An unconventional one I've been doing is 5* Hawkeye 5/5/3, 4* Wolverine 3/5/5 and Medusa because I'm still trying to beef up some of the other characters I want to make a team out of with HE. Hawkeye puts protect on Wolverines healing which gives the damage of the enemy matching it but also allows it to countdown and keep Wolverine alive while also giving Hawkeye a chance to boost AP thru yellow instead of just blue. Medusa is there mainly to heal Hawkeye since he absorbs most of the damage but also her Red skill creates a pink countdown that requires no AP to generate, and once it becomes protected I have the choice of either matching it to create attack tiles that can be matched for more healing or letting it run down to feed more into Hawkeyes skills.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With all these characters boosted, i for the first time used Str5nge, Wasp and Riri. Pretty easy cruising, even while my Str5nge is only 0/1/1
  • Saydie
    Saydie Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    While he isn't boosted, I have been enjoying 4*Blade, Strange (either one), and random other, since the first two already give rainbow coverage.  Medusa, often, for the third, especially when the enemy produces a lot of special tiles (/glares at and grumbles about various Sentries) though Hobo Fist worked well this last event, having just been boosted, and Wasp will likely sub in for the third while she is boosted in this upcoming one.  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Started off the season with GladiaThor, Cloak and Dagger, and Vulture. Once Thor goes below half, flip C&D and they can’t keep up with Thor destroying the yellow tiles, so the Smouldering to Raging Fire combo is doable. Just get Vulture rolling airborne and making green for the AOE.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    5* Gambit 5/5/3 lvl 345
    Lockjaw 5/4/4
    Mr Fantastic 5/3/5

this team is very well rounded. They don’t make strikes or attack tiles but they do damage in lots of ways and protect each other. 

Gambit has purple and red on lock but my other teammates don’t use those colors so I can look for the other colors and not worry about him. LJ’s green power sets up nicely for Gambit’s red and now he doesn’t have to fire it twice to get the good damage. It hurts and is really cheap. LJ deals a bit of damage if there’s a charge tile on the enemies strongest tile too. Mr.F’s blue is such a good power. One of the best stuns in the game, you can make two matches anywhere, and you’re making shields. That are fortified. At lvl 5 you stun for 3 turns as well. 

The thing that Reed and LJ do best is protect each other with all the special tiles you’ll put on the field. If the AI matches your tiles, LJ jumps in a negates ALL the damage and deals damage. AND Reed gives you a burst of health. 

Too bad imaginaut doesnt stack. 

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having a blast using GladiaThor in PVP to get him damaged, then tearing through Story missions with him, America Chavez (with shiny new boosted status), and a little Cajun seasoning. And Thor is required for Honor Among Thieves you say? And Gambit right after that? That’s a lot of SCL9 coming up I think.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still in 4* land but really loving (all champed), Nico/RG/Gamora.

Yes, I know RG/Gamora is ubiquitous but Nico makes it both fast and more fun (at least for me) than Medusa or Carol4.