Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    alaeth said:
    Balance of Power amusements:

Lockjaw, Rogue, Gambit.
    gsBW, 2* HE, SWitch

infinity mode Activate:
    Medusa, 4*Gamora, 4*R&G

Medusa, Gamora and R&G is easily countered, Climbed very high just fighting teams made up of them w/o the need of using health packs.  I'm physically hunting only those teams because of how easy they are to beat.

What team do you use? I'm sick of skipping past 90% of matches due to seeing this!
    Thing/3*or 5* Gambit/Wasp ruins them. And quite quickly I might add. 

Just wish I had decent levels in Gambit and Wasp :(
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options

3Star Hawkeye/Carnage/Medusa ( I am so sorry for mentioning this team, forgive me.....)

3* HE/Carnage/Medusa is a team im surprised i havent seen as much as i should.....

I've never played this combo before, and can't get my head around why it would work so well.
    Can you shed some light on your experience with this team?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage makes a lot of attack tiles for both sides, Medusa turns the enemy attack tiles into AP - often blue, Hawkeye's blue is cheap and you can spam it, often having two to three of his blue countdowns out at once, they resolve for wonderful effects. She manufactures purple AP too. Medusa also heals your group when matching friendly tiles, keeping everyone nice and healthy.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have tried using 3Star Hawkeye/Carnage/Medusa.

3* Hawkeye's at 3/5/5 and Medusa with at least 4 in purple.

Because of 3* Hawkeye's passive, it gain you blue and purple AP once you matched enemies' special tile which included the enemies' attack tiles made by Carnage which speed up Hawkeye's blue and Medusa's purple to steal those enemies' attack's tiles.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been having a lot of fun in the Ragnarok Lightning Rounds with him and Riri, plus whoever to fill it out. Usually someone who can generate more red and/or blue. Cheers to Jaedenkaal and Anon for the team. Still haven't managed to actually go Ragfinite, but it's pretty good even so.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I've been having a lot of fun in the Ragnarok Lightning Rounds with him and Riri, plus whoever to fill it out. Usually someone who can generate more red and/or blue. Cheers to Jaedenkaal and Anon for the team. Still haven't managed to actually go Ragfinite, but it's pretty good even so.
    I was doing the same thing. IM40 did the trick. I pulled off Ragfinity several times. Four casts of Rag's red (24 AP) seems to be the sweet spot to start. I would gather as much red as I could while IM40's Recharge tiles resolved, cast Riri's blue if I didn't have the 24 red AP after that, and then I'd get it going. There were many situations where I could make a manual match-5 with blue for a crit, but otherwise the enemy team never got another turn.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know Carol teams are old hat, but Carol/Ant-Man/4* Star-Lord is surprisingly face-melty.
  • nc69chicano
    nc69chicano Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm happy to see all this love for 3* Gambit lately!! In the recent events I've been teaming him up with Bl4de and Strang3 because of all the Strang3 team ups I've been up against. Started it in BoB event and it's carrying over fine with Divine Champs.. 

My go to team up though is C4rol, Stev3, and Khan for practically everything. Stev3 and his Red paired with C4rol Executive Decision is golden once you have 14+ red tiles. Firing off all the powers can really bring you back in the fight with Khan healing each time, and most likely her Green knocks the wind out of most trios 
  • nc69chicano
    nc69chicano Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Anyone have a suggestion for this 3* Punisher event??? 
  • Dormammu
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Anyone have a suggestion for this 3* Punisher event??? 
    Thoress/IM40? 3Pun is so anemic, even when boosted, that I think its best to ignore him and go with the best duo you can put together. Work 3Pun's red in if you can manage it, it's his only redeeming quality. The boosted list is pretty dull, for both 3-stars and 4-stars, in this event.

I've been using Nova and Prof X. They're pretty effective once the Prof is invisible and buffing tiles. Nova's fun when boosted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Having recently champed him Im loving Iceman at the moment, and with IM40 boosted that would be my choice.

IM40 5R,3B,5Y means you can use Icemans blue and green to best effect and IM40s Red is a nuke boosted.  13k damage in PVE earlier.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot if I posted this last time Webbed Wonder rolled around, but the Howard, Spider-Man and Squirrel Girl team from the plot of the "Walk in the Park" sub is actually pretty fun.  You have no red or black, but with Spider-Man's update and especially with Squirrel Girl boosted, they can pack a pretty decent punch, even if they're silly.  I certainly wouldn't take them into PVP, Simulator or Gauntlet, but they can easily brush aside anything the Dark Avengers can dish out :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Similarly, I had a lot of fun in Squirrel Girl's featured node with her, Coulson, and C4rol. It felt like more countdowns than World Rupture ;)
  • Dormammu
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I just champed Prof X last night and was itching to take him out for a spin. Decided to do so tonight in the Duck PvE hard wave node. I wanted an all-X team and Psylocke being boosted seemed like a reasonable partner, given that she has cheap-ish powers (to proc Prof X's special tile generation) and generates more tiles on her own (more tiles for Prof X to buff when invisible).

I tried them with Iceman, and then Rogue. Both teams were fun. Rogue provided more damage mitigation, but I think Iceman was the better pairing - giving the team a better use for blue than Pslocke's (neither team can use yellow, but at least both give match damage off it).

By the second wave Prof X had buffed all my special tiles enough that I was downing an opponent with every match (big strike damage followed by even bigger attack tile damage).

It was fun to finally have a use for Psylocke after all these years.
  • BZoetic
    BZoetic Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3* Cyclops
    3* Blade
    3* Doctor Octopus

All bases covered with very little overlap. Poops SO many stabby tiles when you combo Slim's yellow and Blade's green passive, then when you inevitably break them it triggers Ock's passive for punchy tiles. Plus burst at will from Cyke, a weak stun from Ock, and for a finale load up Blade's purple for a 4-figure-per-turn punchy tile. It just wins. 

Mordo/Thing/Falcon. I've crushed with this one having taken maybe 5% total damage against some monstrous opponents. So many options in that lineup it winds up being just silly. And fun to execute. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BZoetic said:
    3* Cyclops
    3* Blade
    3* Doctor Octopus

All bases covered with very little overlap. Poops SO many stabby tiles when you combo Slim's yellow and Blade's green passive, then when you inevitably break them it triggers Ock's passive for punchy tiles.  
    Doc Ock's passive only affects enemy tiles, not your own.  If you want some benefit from enemies matching your strikes, you'd need either Medusa or Lockjaw.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    thanks to whoever posted rulk, carol and baby groot as gamora, medusa, baby groot counter.
    definitely fun. 
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just tried a fun team of Lockjaw, Coulson, and 4* Starlord. Lots of countdown, charged tiles, and shakeups
  • Dormammu
    edited November 2017
    Options

ammenell said:
    thanks to whoever posted rulk, carol and baby groot as gamora, medusa, baby groot counter.
    definitely fun. 
    Yes!

Red Hulk + 4Carol + 4Grocket

This is my new go-to team against Rocket/Gamora/Medusa in shield sim. My alliance mate GetSomeNuts tipped me off to this team. He called it 'the cure for Grodeusa'.  :)  Just tank with Rhulk and let his passive countdowns trigger Carol's passive to buff all of Grocket's tiles. The match will be over in short order. Wonderful!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I've been fooling around with using 1* characters to beat up Seed Teams, and found out that Storm and Spidey, with her green and his purple, can actually go winfinite pretty well. They'd never last long enough to do it against a real team, but when I'm fighting seeds and then farming retals, they're a lot of fun. Might have to try them in the next Balance of Power.