Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Saydie
    Saydie Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For any nodes having at least 2 goons (sometimes even 1, depending)...

While not as super fast or having a huge amount of direct damage nukes, I have been enjoying Spiderwoman, Scarlet Witch, and 3* Dr Strange, for PvE at least.  Bonus that Spiderwoman is boosted at the moment, and there's been lots and lots of goons in the last couple events.  I literally just sit back and collect purple to fire off the Love side of love and fear to take out the AI's countdown tiles, or save up for Reality Crush when I have the countdown situation in hand, and let Strange and his ever lovely Flames help the bad guys kill themselves.

As I said...not the fastest team, but takes little (if there's a non-goon making matches) to no damage at all.  It's...very relaxing, actually.  Very hard to mess up or get screwed by a bad board since there's such a lovely purple generator counteracting if the AI tries to starve purple. :)
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeah!  My favorite trivial node team is (insert 5*) 3* Thanos, and 4* R&G.  One match and it's over!

I just run 4* R&G, any other Guardian, and Medusa to blast through trivial nodes. The odd time it takes three turns (if the third goon / board mover has ~2.5K health or more), but usually it's two turns, tops.

I run 3* Thanos (with only 3 in Black) with 5* Wolverine and 5* Strange (with FoF) for the trivial nodes. Often it's 1 match and out as well.

For goon nodes like in the current ISO event, my new favourite team is 3* Strange + 3/4/4 4* R&G + 4/1/5 4* Gamora. This replaced the 3* Strange + 5/4/4 Medusa + 5/1/4 4* Blade I used to run because I could get strike tiles from the start and it wasn't reliant on having and protecting a favourable red board. 4* Gamora is also has a more aggressive move set and quicker stun (6 blue) than 3Stranges (9 blue).  For the essential nodes I run 4* R&G with 3* Strange, but obviously it's a bit slower.

• BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been having good luck w C4rol, Medusa, & Spider-Woman. I know SW's red nuke takes awhile to build, but I've done so in almost every match. I love C4rol's black nuke & ability to get enemies to hurt themselves. Usually, I like balanced teams but the lack of green and blue powers hasn't hurt me. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasp 5/5/3
    Drax 4/4/5
    C&D 5/4/4

this team is board moving team with lots of variety. There's no active blue so once you get 6, Wasp flies around and steals AP. Which activates Drax's Secret Weapon passive for some cheap damage. I let C&D use purple and let it get to 12 in case I feel the need to switch back from gathering yellow to black AP. I usually hold the black AP for Drax's Destroyer to wreck the board and destroy enemy tiles. If I use C&Ds Pocket Dimension to gather yellow, I can't use their AOE. But that's perfectly fine, because now I can use Wasp's Tactical Intuition at my leisure. It only costs 5AP, so I normally end up flipping tiles every other turn. Slice and Dice round out everything with a nice nuke especially if I don't get C&Ds AOE off. 

Only problem with with this team right now is that Drax's Destroyer power is bugged. It's not destroying what it's supposed to. (Jeez. You have one job Drax.....)
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options

Azoth658 said:
    It allows for me to have up to three AOE attacks (if I build purple through matches) and that strong Red from Torch to finish the strongest enemy.
    Ares/KK/3 *IM

Just don't play it against Quake.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I doubt I'd fun this team all that often, as I prefer rainbow coverage for match damage at the very least, but I ran IM40, Lockjaw and 4* Thor in TBE last night. At one point, I had more than 30 charged tiles on the board. I think I had figured Thor was doing more than 20K damage unboosted.  And mine's only 5/2/5 Level 194. That's nothing to mess with. I imagine a boosted champ could come close to one-shotting a moderately leveled 5*, even a low-level champed Thor. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lockjaw, Medusa, Mohawk Storm. It's not fast, but once Storm fires her black, you don't have to worry about any incoming attacks unless they're strong enough to one-shot you.

I made it to 575 hitting teams 200 and more total levels above mine without using a health pack, except for the two matches when I foolishly tried to take on Boosted Agent Venom, who is fully capable of one-shotting anyone on that team, and has enough health that they can't drop him fast enough.

Once I actually got Lockjaw properly covered and leveled, I suspect I'm going to be running this a lot.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Two recent fun sets:
    • Drax
    • Baby Groot
    • Wasp

Collect blue AP (try to avoid matching your strike tiles) to get Wasp's countdown going, then let Drax's passive do the work.

• Mordo
    • Riri
    • Bl4de

Again, blue AP is the key here to set up Magnetic Repulsors. Bloodlust every turn thereafter, Mordo for black or purple, Bl4de or Riri fire green as needed. Lacks a yellow outlet, but it hasn't been a problem yet.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Nefarious Foes, C & D, Vulture, Sandman.  Gosh golly they work well together.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For nefarious foes and simulator:

Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage, Medusa.

Venom hits like a truck, and Medusa's passive can feed his Green.  In addition, if I need some extra protection, I can use Hair Meddle to grab the enemy protect tiles created by Venom, and grab some additional attack tiles made by Carnage along the way.  I also occasionally fire off Carnage's red, waiting for 10 red AP before doing so (to avoid hitting my own team).

Another simulator team:

Venom, Medusa, and Gamora

This team works out pretty well!  Medusa's passive AP generation (which you can use Venom's protect tiles to generate) can feed Venom's Green, Medusa's Purple, or Gamora's Blue (her stun, which is awesome).

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For 4* land: Medusa (544), Carnage (553), Mr. Fantastic (553)

It ain't fast, it ain't their standard builds, but it's really fun to watch all the defensive wins roll in.
    • Carnage drops 4 fists (2 per side) per round.
    •    If their fist is matched, you gain green, blue, or purple AP
    •    If you match your fist, team heal ~1500
    •    If they match your fist, team heal ~3250
    • Medusa drops a countdown tile that does ~450 damage.  If destroyed, creates more fists that do the same amount of damage and a new countdown tile is made next round
    • Red: Carnage does decent AoE damage (~5500 to target and ~2000 to others)
    • Yellow: Active unused, but also your "strongest" color so it doesn't hurt as bad when other teams use denial powers and AP draining like Blade, Kingpin, etc...
    • Green: Carnage does meh damage (1000-3000 depending on board), but it also shakes up the board. Speed up by Medusa generating green
    • Blue: Mr. Fantastik stuns, mess with the board layout, and generates ~550hp worth of fortified protect tiles (which counteract Carnage's fists for the other team and basic match damage).  Sped up by Medusa generating blue
    • Purple: Sped up by Medusa and matching special tiles.  Medusa shuffles board, causing special tile matches (which heal or generate AP), steals the fists made by Carnage (and special tiles made by them, like OML or Blade sword tiles) for the other team and improves them well over the better ones he makes for you, also makes a lot of "lesser color matches" which feed...
    • Black: Mr. Fantastik's Imaginaut.  Pretty "meh" but can add up with cascades and Medusa's purple

No color is duplicated with active powers, so there's (almost) no way for the computer to mess-up playing it.  The fists end up doing several thousand in passive damage each round,  If the opponent matches them away, they heal you for several thousand instead and Carnage just replenishes them next round.  Just a slow painful death for any team that can't get an early 1-shot kill off.  The passive damage is highly effective against control characters (like Agent Carter or any of the AP stealers).

Up until this past season (when I finally championed a 5-star, bumping me up a bracket), that combo got me through several Seasons of PvP Shield Simulators with an almost comical W/L ratio on defense.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    C&D 5/4/4 
    Mordo 5/4/4 or 4/4/5 or 3/5/5
    The Hood 4/5/4 or 5/5/3

im kinda all over the place with how to prop these guys. But it works. Hood will be hidden pretty well to steal AP and C&D can always get their health back by switching. I'm not sure if I want to keep Mordo's Staff at 5 or not. I get lots of black but his other two powers have more utility and hit harder.
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For this current PvE event......IM40, Riri and Mohawk Storm is getting me through this event quickly
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Because of latest event I just Championed Cloak and Dagger and found that:

Cloak and Dagger (4*)
    Gamora (4*)
    Rocket (4*)

Are incredibly powerful, even better than the popular Gamora/Rocket/Medusa combo because Gamora gets her Black power almost immediately due to Child of Darkness and you start getting 200+ damage attack tiles to add to your starting tiles almost immediately, also from Child of Darkness.  So if you thought they were a quick starter before now you are looking at extra strike tiles and Most Dangerous Woman in first few turns.

In fact you get so much Black you can fire Most Dangerous Woman 2-3 times per match which means you can trigger the passive once in a while and get an autokill.  I don't usually bother with Darkness Hungers.

Plus you are a threat in every color with a yellow that removes special tiles or does team damage and a purple that only requires 3 tiles to do damage.  Only problem is that Cloak and Daggers healing doesn't work very well because matches rarely last long enough for it to do much.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Messing around in the Big Enchilada with Black Bolt/Peggy/Mockingbird. Bolt's charged tiles pull in lots of AP to help with Mockingbird's passive for any match-4s, and Peggy prevents anyone from firing powers. Once there are only 3 enemies remaining, unleash BB's scream and finish it up. Fun!
  • PFellah
    PFellah Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well, there's Medusa/Carol/Blade, but all the cool kids are doing that. Step 1: generate a few special tiles. Step 2: have Carol's passive buff those special tiles every time Medusa's countdown tile goes off; Step 3: PROFIT. (While working Carol's black or Blade's red in the background for additional damage)

More off the beaten path, SWitch/Strange/4* Luke Cage has become my go-to team for PVE farming, particularly against trash nodes. Has color coverage on everything (though black is a passive and I don't use SWitch's green much); anytime someone on the other side fires a power, you get direct damage from Strange AND a shield tile from Luke; two sources of stun; and Luke's red makes a nice close-out move. 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fun Sim team with my newly champed Vulture. 

Cloak and Dagger, Vulture and Peggy Carter

Cloak and Dagger to create black with bit of damage on yellow and purple and true heal, Vulture to fly and come down claws out, and Peggy Carter to stun with blue and damage with red. It's a rainbow team but let's face it, black, green and blue do most of the work. Not sure how it will be on defense but it should be ok.

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I dunno if it's considered "fun", more of a necessity...

So I've been having trouble with the new 550 lvl nodes since one of the team members has to be a 5* i don't have a lot of covers for, but I've gotten pretty consistent results with:

Required 5*, 5* Black Bolt, 1* Black Widow

Widow stuns (5 rounds on target, 1 on all others) and sucks AP out of the enemy team (4 of each color), and hits for nothing so she's never in the front. 

Black bolt deals a fair amount of dmg just for being on the board
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa and Coulson also seem like fairly obvious choices to add there. I know I'm blanking on some options here, but anyone else who has good board manipulation and can make Match-5s.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    mexus said:
    Never tried Wasp + Professor X before. It was fun. That Wasp yellow is so cheap so Xavier will put lots of special tiles, then Wasp will boost them. Who'd be a good third member for them? Don't say Carol - I'm sick of Carol.
    Lockjaw? 
    Switch is decent
    4*Cage is highly regarded with them as well. 
    5* Hawkeye benefits from the constant CD and his powers are cheap too. 
    C&D are a good battery for Wasp. Cheap powers too. 
    Drax goes well with Wasp. 
    I wanna try rogue with Prof/Wasp. It doesn’t look too bad on paper.