Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Never tried Wasp + Professor X before. It was fun. That Wasp yellow is so cheap so Xavier will put lots of special tiles, then Wasp will boost them. Who'd be a good third member for them? Don't say Carol - I'm sick of Carol.
    Lockjaw? 
    Riri give you rainbow coverage with decent-to-good abilities on every color.  She doesn't support the others in any meaningful way, though
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    mexus said:
    Never tried Wasp + Professor X before. It was fun. That Wasp yellow is so cheap so Xavier will put lots of special tiles, then Wasp will boost them. Who'd be a good third member for them? Don't say Carol - I'm sick of Carol.
    Lockjaw? 
    Riri give you rainbow coverage with decent-to-good abilities on every color.  She doesn't support the others in any meaningful way, though
    Her blue often triggers match 5's for Chuck's big head mode. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my favorites atm are
    - vulture, mockingbird, xxx
    vulture keeps ap high, mockingbird punishes match 4s and 5s. vulture can't fire powers while airborne, so you limit the random fire powered between mockingbirds purple, her awesome red and whoever you bring, and there are a lot of good partners for the third slot - cd, Carol, iron heart (hart? dunno)
    - carol, blade, 3* gambit
    abusing his countdowns and feeding blade, my new troll team not involving vulture or mockingbird
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* Hulk + Moon Knight is a humorously effective counter to the current fad team of grocket/gamora/medusa. Just make moves that put the hulk in front and he will reward you with many moonsilver blades to throw in their faces. All it costs you is a single health pack per battle, which is cheap against the G/G/M team.

I haven't figured out any 3rd teammate who actually contributes here yet. Maybe bring your own Medusa for the extra AP + passive damage?
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fanghoul said:
    3* Hulk + Moon Knight is a humorously effective counter to the current fad team of grocket/gamora/medusa. Just make moves that put the hulk in front and he will reward you with many moonsilver blades to throw in their faces. All it costs you is a single health pack per battle, which is cheap against the G/G/M team.

I haven't figured out any 3rd teammate who actually contributes here yet. Maybe bring your own Medusa for the extra AP + passive damage?
    How about Prof X? When Hulk gets angry he make some cascades and Prof X will do some extra damage?
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Coulson/Thor3*/Quicksilver This team might be **** in the defense, however, in the ofense is pretty damn fun to use, there is no stop between Coulson ad Quicksilver Black and Purple, spaming Fist of Fury like no tomorrow, stealing 15 AP in a instant, if you wnat to have fun try this team, is the true puzzle team for this game
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fanghoul said:

If you want the rainbow team, your only choice for Yellow/Blue/Black all active is 3-star Black Panther.

Your own Rocket and Groot for Yellow/Blue? (4 star for Extra strike, 3 star for healing?)

If your own X23 is high enough to tank for Hulk/Moon Knight, that might be useful as well.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just realized that C&D make a rainbow with Riri. Fill in with an under-covered required character, or someone with a more useful black, purple, or green, depending on the opposing team, and go to town.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just realized that C&D make a rainbow with Riri. Fill in with an under-covered required character, or someone with a more useful black, purple, or green, depending on the opposing team, and go to town.
    Presenting C&D, Riri, and Moon Knight?
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I've only got like 2 covers on my Moon Knight, so I didn't think of him, but yeah, he'd round that out wonderfully.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've been playing around more with the Moon Knight + 3* Hulk team as a Grocket/Gamora/Medusa counter, and here's some more observations:

-Rainbow coverage seems to be bad for this team. At least with my lv 277 Moon Knight and lv 266 Hulk, any colors that have 0 powers in them are tanked by Hulk, which makes the whole thing easier to pull off. The match where I had Prof X tanking for Hulk because the board was nearly empty of green and red was humorous, but ended poorly.

-Rocket and Groot seems like a great idea until your strike tiles turn into blue AP for the enemy team via Medusa, and Gamora stuns Hulk and wrecks the whole thing.

-Passive powers seem a lot more valuable than active ones, as I have very, very rarely gotten enough AP to fire anything other than Moonsilver Blades over and over before everyone dies.

Alright third teammates, though there's downsides to all of them.
    Medusa
    Prof X
    Coulson
    Kamala Kahn
    Drax?
    Mockingbird? (Mine are too low to use for this right now)

PS:
    It should go without saying, but this team also a huge boon if you're looking to lower your score and draw a HUGE amount of retal opportunities. I've been hit dozens of times since trying this.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am in love with mockingbird. She pairs well with pretty much everyone. She basically provides me with cascade protection as well.

Teams I have been enjoying most with her is;

Mockingbird / iceman/ agent venom

Mockingbird / Cyclops / hobofist

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve fallen in love again. 

5* Daredevil 1/4/2
    4* Gamora 3/5/5 champed
    4* Cage 5/5/3

start DD with less than 30% life and get those strong strikes out. Gamora and DD have cheap stun powers in 2 different colors and DD does more damage for any damage you deal to a stunned character. And a stun to any character adds more strike or attack tiles because of Gamora. Cage rounds the teams out with defense and forts.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am in love with mockingbird. She pairs well with pretty much everyone. She basically provides me with cascade protection as well.

Teams I have been enjoying most with her is;

Mockingbird / iceman/ agent venom

Mockingbird / Cyclops / hobofist

She's been my go-to character for the Hulk event, along with 4* Cage.  Having Fiddle-Faddle fire just from an opponent's match-4 downing their own 4* Cage or Mordo (*), priceless.

(*) 90% of the teams I see in that event are Mordo / Cage.

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    005 gambit 535 vulture 454. Peter parker5*
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like this team on paper: 5/5/3 Mockingbird, 5/5/3 Vulture, 3/5/5 Peggy. Full rainbow coverage for match damage, while yellow is the only non-active power, although contains two of the stronger passives in the game (IMO).

Mockingbird gets the red and purple, Peggy gets the blue, Vulture gets the green and black. Bonus: Vulture feeds Peggy's awesome blue. 

I've run this team a few times in the Simulator so far this season and have had some fun with it. However, this brings me back to the "on paper" qualifier I added earlier. Right now, Vulture is my highest leveled character of these three, which makes my strongest color black. That makes this team hard to use against the ubiquitous C4rol teams in the Sim, as black is often their strongest color as well. The small bonus is that Mockingbird's purple generates black. 

Against non-C4rol teams though, it's pretty awesome. So long as black isn't your strongest color, you'll probably have better luck running this team as well. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only have one boosted 4-star (Rogue) for Top Gun (Falcon's PvP) and she doesn't really compliment him very well, so I've been going with Carol and an under-covered, under-leveled Wasp (5/2/4 Lv 229). Coupled with 3Falcon that's a really fun team.

As soon as I get Falcon's purple off, flip all the defense tiles into strike tiles with Wasp's yellow, it just snowballs into victory because Carol is buffing the strikes every turn off Wasp's blue countdown and Falcon is doing the same on any yellow match.

They're destroying teams of boosted champed 4-stars and are even generating some defensive wins.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Wasp/Falcon team is surprisingly devastating once it gets going, adding C4rol is almost mean. You could switch up the speed of getting Falc's purple by adding a Gambit with no purple covers. Too bad I don't have a Gambat...

I enjoyed very much a team of C4rol/Hulk/AI matching green gems in Hulk's PvP!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I used to use Falcon/Wasp/Medusa as my go-to team for quite a while. She's another very strong third for that pairing.
  • Saydie
    Saydie Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Let's not forget the currently boosted Luke Cage paired to Wasp, plus whatever third...Carol filling things out is quickly ridiculously fun, but Mohawk Storm with her black filling the rest of the board with attack tiles?  (/insert evil laugh here).  In the current PvE, using those three on Storms essential node, which is a wave node...oh that was definitely making me giggle as simple match damage kept one-shotting my opponents and making the massive board of attack tiles mostly superfluous, just adding insult to injury and rubbing the goons faces in it...