Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    'Candy From A Baby'

How does matching for 5k damage from the first turn sound to you? Or course this only applies to buffed R+G in PVE.

R&G
    Any Guardian 
    Punisher

Both Punisher and a Guardian will buff Groots tiles to about 700 each. All together for a whopping 5k damage.

The trick is to create as many cascades as possible while keeping your tiles intact. Finished my PVP in 30 minutes.

• Xidex
    Xidex Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Carnage
    Carol Denvers 4*
    Medusa

Medusa with 4* in Purple for stealing enemy attack tiles. It's pretty fun: continuos generation of attack tiles, passive healing from medusa, tiles improvment from Carol. 
  • A_McB
    A_McB Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like: 
    Jean Grey 5*
    Blade 4*
    Medusa 4*

Jean is the tank and has the phoenix force, and blades hunger/bloodlust does some real damage quickly. Medusa provided health and her entanglement adds a bit more damage.
  • AzureNight
    AzureNight Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I really like the combo:

Cyclops 3*
    Scarlett Witch 3*
    Dr. Strange 3*

I know there's an overlap on the colours, but two of those are passive, so not too bad.

I use the purple for Scarlett Witch (love that stun! plus team damage!)
    And then for when I need an occasional attack or protect tile removed, I use her green power.

I am completely addicted to Dr. Strange's yellow Flames of the Faltine. That is my absolute fav anytime any of the ninjas or other auto-firing baddies come along!

And Cyclops - he just deals the damage - takes out those high HP dudes.
  • genrikdarkheart
    genrikdarkheart Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Men with Watches and Colours

Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) - 5/5/3
    Star-Lord          (Legendary Outlaw)       - 4/5/4
    Cyclops            (Classic)                         - 5/5/3

Whenever an enemy fires a power, Star-Lord uses his Reactive Yellow to lower AP cost (good thing no need to lower black AP), and after that expires gain random AP from both Coulson and Star-Lord. Follow up the reduced AP cost with Cyclops Yellow Power, which is now 3AP. Gain Team Up AP to increase strongest AP and lower CT tiles from Coulson's passive skills. Use Star-Lord's Purple to place CT tiles, then use Coulson's Blue to steal AP. Unleash a board full of CT, AP gains, and keep on clocking.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xidex said:
    Carnage
    Carol Denvers 4*
    Medusa
    You should take a peek in the SHIELD sim, I think people are on to this one.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm enjoying Nova, Coulson, hobofist in the hunt. Nova's cheap powers get strike tiles on the board for hobofist to fortify. That generates green and then black for a big nuke. Nova comes with crowd control and Coulson with board control. Actives in all colours and with the Nova and hobofist having cheap powers Coulson drops a lot of countdowns and gains more AP for the team. Wouldn't fancy their chances much in PvP but fast, fun and effective in PvE. 
  • studr1
    studr1 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    hawkeye 5 Coulson and CM4, the team is deadly.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My black on black on black team. 

I've been using Black Bolt, Cloak and Dagger, Mordo.

Strategy is pretty simple, match the most charged black tiles that you can, use Mordo's black every chance you get. Things die pretty fast.

C&D make sure you have plenty of black to work with, Black Bolt makes sure the match dmg hurts a lot, and Mordo uses all that AP to keep charge tiles out for Back Bolt's black ability. 

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My black on black on black team. 

I've been using Black Bolt, Cloak and Dagger, Mordo.

Strategy is pretty simple, match the most charged black tiles that you can, use Mordo's black every chance you get. Things die pretty fast.

C&D make sure you have plenty of black to work with, Black Bolt makes sure the match dmg hurts a lot, and Mordo uses all that AP to keep charge tiles out for Back Bolt's black ability. 

Too bad you can't get that kind of synergy with Black Bolt, Black Panther, and Black Widow.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4 Star Rocket and Groot ("Grocket")
    4 Star Gamora
    Medusa

All hail the mighty Grocket, Gamora and Medusa strike team!

I'm running this team in Lethal Intent. I was still in the Top 10 when I checked earlier today, and I've won 2/3 defensive matches, 2/3 so far ;) Neither my GRocket or my Gamora are Champ'd, but Medusa is. This is a wicked team that can sucker in the players who aren't terribly familiar with GRocket and his Welcome to the Team. They get real familiar real quick though, once they hit that Begin button ;)
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tryed out Kamala Khan - Magneto - Vulture in the Magnetic Meyhem PvP and they worked very well togheter.

Get Vulture airborn asap to get things going. He fules both KKs green and Magnetos Blue and everytime Vulture goes back airborn KK heals. All three are boosted in the event and work very well as an offensive team. However i would change to a better defensive team as computer may favor Vultures green and blue attacks.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    I tryed out Kamala Khan - Magneto - Vulture in the Magnetic Meyhem PvP and they worked very well togheter.

Get Vulture airborn asap to get things going. He fules both KKs green and Magnetos Blue and everytime Vulture goes back airborn KK heals. All three are boosted in the event and work very well as an offensive team. However i would change to a better defensive team as computer may favor Vultures green and blue attacks.
    Considerng the airborne time, you're more likely to have AI using KK's green and Mags' blue. If your Vulture is Champed, wouldn't you want his green?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Think I found a good 3rd for my C&D/Mordo team. 

C&D 5/3/5
    Mordo 5/5/3
    3* Wolverine 4/4/5 or 4/5/4

what I was looking for was a green and red user who put strikes on the field for the weak attack tiles C&D will make. 4* Blade qualifies but C&D will make yellow/black tiles that may take the red that he needs to make strikes. C&D's yellow power at 5 will take away all the enemy strikes Patch creates. 

• Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    having fun with C4rol / 3* Iron Fist
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In the current DPvsMPQ PVE I've been screwing around with a team of people in futuristic robot suits

-RIri (mine's 4/5/4 Lv275--she probably should be 5/5/3 on this team, though)

-Vulture (mine's 2/5/1, boosted this event to Lv255)

-Iron Man Mk40 (mine's 3/5/5 Lv219)

While it lacks any purple, it's been really effective and consistent, as you have AP generation on black, blue and yellow and mass death on red & green.  I try to only use Vulture's green in conjunction with his black for the team damage.  Otherwise, it's probably pretty obvious how the team plays out.

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I recently champed Silver Surfer and Vulture, and they've been a lot of fun together.  I found out Vulture can do 2 greens at once, which is about 27k AoE when he's boosted.  Works great to take out 3* boosted Carol in her PVP without her passive ever kicking in.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    C4rol + Sentry + [strike/attack tile maker of choice].  Soo many countdown tiles!!!
  • genrikdarkheart
    genrikdarkheart Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    studr1 said:
    hawkeye 5 Coulson and CM4, the team is deadly.
    This is my go to team at the moment, but I thought people would have commented with this already so I didn't bother typing it hahahha.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In the current Torch event, I'm starting off running champed Peggy and my level 229 3/5/3 Mockingbird.  Gosh it's fun watching the opposition's match-4 fire off Peggy's blue and Torch's red and...

I''m having giggles just with match damage and self-inflicted damage and to heck with health packs.