Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• csista
    csista Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4* Cloak/Cage/Fist. Worked very well. Rainbow and very complimentary of each other's powers. 
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've never won so many defensive matches in PVP

Champed Wasp and Drax

Every turn wasps cd tile goes off Drax does 2k damage, mix in a few strike tiles and things really start heating up

It's only a matter of time before Drax charges his red ability which does between 8-16k damage, respectable either way

I think a big part of the reason this is happening as well is because Vulture and Drax have powers that eliminate enemy strike tiles. C4rol is basically rendered useless. 

I've only lost once out of about 15 defensive matchups
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    C4rol, Coulson (5/5/3) and G4mora (5/3/5) are a surprisingly good team. I already knew that Coulson and C4rol could work well together, but they really need another tile producer with cheap powers to help get things going. G4mora fills that role pretty well, with a power that costs 6 blue AP, has a great stun, and also generally triggers generating 2 attack or strike tiles .

That triggers Coulson making a 1-turn countdown, which helps get everything else rolling from then on. Usually things snowball at that point to defeating the enemy pretty fast, especially with a boosted Carol.

I've been really enjoying it, though I keep going back and forth between whether Carol should be 3/5/5 or 5/5/3. It really depends on who they're going up against.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fanghoul said:

I've been really enjoying it, though I keep going back and forth between whether Carol should be 3/5/5 or 5/5/3. It really depends on who they're going up against.
    With Coulson, I prefer her at 3/5/5. When he accelerates Photonic Barrage, you miss out on Strikes from it (because it adds a Strike each Turn, not each time it counts down), which makes it somewhat less awesome.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have been having a lot of fun with Carnage + Medusa + 4* blade.

I am sure carol would work just as well to build up extra damage but I have been having fun with Blade making extra strike tiles that if matched heal the team more and using his green to do AOE damage and heal up.

I played around against the round 8 bosses and never got below half life as I just kept constantly healing, and it really doesn't have much to pay attention to. ignore the red and go onto auto pilot.

it also seemed pretty solid in defense as I was 3/3 in PVP saves with it.

also if I don't use carol here then I can use her either in my carol + starlord + IF team or Carol + 4* grocket + 3* iron man teams :P
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eh, most of these teams on the last 2-3 pages aren't really anything new or innovative, most are repeats or spin-offs of previously established teams. I'm getting bored of Carol + CD producer/Medusa + Special Tile producer teams. Most of those teams don't take a lot of intuition to put together, I come here hoping to find things I could have never thought of lol. Is what it is though, speaks to how great of characters they are. 

My new DDQ team lately has been Agent Venom/Professor X/Cloak & Dagger.

You don't absolutely have to get off PX invisibility, as long as you fire off the cheap powers like crazy. Pretty soon the protect tiles will cut off most match damage, the strike & attack tiles will be adding a nice punch to C&D's, whether PX has been buffing them or not. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the Loki essential in the current Simulator PVE, I've been playing with Loki, 5* Hawkeye (mine is only 1/1/1) and boosted Riri (mine is 3/5/5).  Loki only tanks black and once you bait the AI into a match-4 or two, Riri can pretty much kill all.

Not terribly original, but a fun use for the newly redesigned and currently boosted character...
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My new PVE team vs goons. 

Reworked Riri 4/5/4
    3* Starlord 5/5/3
    5* Hawkeye 1/3/4 (unfortunately)

every Starlord CD that expires gives AP. Every CD that expires activates Hawk's Can't Seen To Miss, which gives 1 red and 1 blue (because I don't have 2 purple covers). Those feed the amazing blue and red powers of reworked Riri.she can take out all 3 characters by herself and proper use of those 2 powers. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM40 - Vulture - Riri

Basicly feed Riri the AP and nuke!

Having a blast with Riri boosted. IM40 generates AP with yellow and Vulture with black. Then Just let Riri do her thing and.....Victory! :)
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Discovered a kinda fun combo today for DDQ. Loki+Patch+4*Venom

Pretty self explanatory, but basically gather green and black while dishing out enough damage to generate Venom's shield tiles. When you have enough AP, activate Patch's green, followed up by Loki's trickery. Not devastating (or really all that new) but fun all the same.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stick said:
    Discovered a kinda fun combo today for DDQ. Loki+Patch+4*Venom

Pretty self explanatory, but basically gather green and black while dishing out enough damage to generate Venom's shield tiles. When you have enough AP, activate Patch's green, followed up by Loki's trickery. Not devastating (or really all that new) but fun all the same.
    I like it. Another good tile-flipping-madness team is Patch+Electra. She'll steal them AND buff them. Throw down her red buffed by all those attack tiles and she'll mince teams to pieces. I like to buddy them with MaxPun who will put all those tiles to even better use... 
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My new PVE team vs goons. 

Reworked Riri 4/5/4
    3* Starlord 5/5/3
    5* Hawkeye 1/3/4 (unfortunately)

every Starlord CD that expires gives AP. Every CD that expires activates Hawk's Can't Seen To Miss, which gives 1 red and 1 blue (because I don't have 2 purple covers). Those feed the amazing blue and red powers of reworked Riri.she can take out all 3 characters by herself and proper use of those 2 powers. 
    I believed that you mean the 4* SL in your team.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cloak & Dagger - Mordo - Scarlet Witch

With Mordo boosted i simply feed him black and purple using C&D + SW as batteries. Working great in PvE. Have not tryed in PvP tho.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I recently champed Medusa and Carnage (I know, I know, I'm a little late to this party) and I've been playing around trying to find the ideal third. Then I came across a team in the SHIELD sim that had Medusa, Carnage, and a weak looking 3-star Doc Ock. "Easy pickings," I thought.

Then I got beat.

Holy tinykitty is Medusa/Carnage/3ock effective!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I recently champed Medusa and Carnage (I know, I know, I'm a little late to this party) and I've been playing around trying to find the ideal third. Then I came across a team in the SHIELD sim that had Medusa, Carnage, and a weak looking 3-star Doc Ock. "Easy pickings," I thought.

Then I got beat.

Holy tinykitty is Medusa/Carnage/3ock effective!
    I've seen that team before. Little annoying, but doesn't stand up to Medusa/Carnage/Iceman
  • BoyWonder1914
    Options
    I'd even go so far as to argue that Mr. F is better, since he stuns, adds fortified protect tiles, additional healing, and gives you a use for black. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd even go so far as to argue that Mr. F is better, since he stuns, adds fortified protect tiles, additional healing, and gives you a use for black. 
    Still doesn't stand to Medusa/Carnage/Iceman. I've seen MrF with Med/Car a lot more and it's easy to take down. Iceman stun is cheaper, albeit, just 1 blue, but it's also one more turn. Medusa can steal/buff those protects too. And Iceman has that awesome AoE that Medusa charges up.
  • BoyWonder1914
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Any team is "easy" to take down with the right counters. I appreciate having a team that uses a wide range of colors, and I need to heal less because Mr. F can provide some protection from the blowback of attack tiles. Carnage's green causes cascades, which can cause Imaginaut to do some whopping damage. Rising constant damage can be just as fun as charging up and nuking away. To each their own. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One of my favorite pairs will be going into action this week as they're both boosted.

4* Cage
    3* Strange

I'll likely team them with my newly champed RiRi for a good green and let her blue powerup Cage's red.