Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    I'm not sure if this is out here yet. I'm not sure I want to put it out here..... But, for shield sim, Medusa/Carnage/Iceman

Carnage puts out the candy for Medusa to keep the team healed and generate ap for every one of Iceman's powers...... Need I say more.....
    Want Iceman so bad! Only got him at 2 covers and wont be seeing a lot of covers for him if they dont change the vaulting system :(
    He is definitely worth the bonus hero tag, but if your like me it will take about a decade to cover him through BH......
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    I'm not sure if this is out here yet. I'm not sure I want to put it out here..... But, for shield sim, Medusa/Carnage/Iceman

Carnage puts out the candy for Medusa to keep the team healed and generate ap for every one of Iceman's powers...... Need I say more.....
    Want Iceman so bad! Only got him at 2 covers and wont be seeing a lot of covers for him if they dont change the vaulting system :(
    He is definitely worth the bonus hero tag, but if your like me it will take about a decade to cover him through BH......
    Yeah im a 3-4 transitioner so i mainly focus on the new characters so i can get some 4*s champed. But if i still play this game when i got some 4*s champs going i will sett Iceman as BH just cause hes my favourite character :)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:
    Milk Jugz said:

Yeah im a 3-4 transitioner so i mainly focus on the new characters so i can get some 4*s champed. But if i still play this game when i got some 4*s champs going i will sett Iceman as BH just cause hes my favourite character :)
    Good luck!! IMO, he is still the best 4* available!!! 
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:
    Milk Jugz said:

Good luck!! IMO, he is still the best 4* available!!! 
    It's kind of gimmicky, but since Spider-gwen stuns two on purple for 2 turns, and iceman stuns another with blue for 4 turns, I like to use the two of them to perma-stun a team.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The 4* Guardians team: Rocket & Groot, Drax and Gamora.

They combine almost everything you need for a MPQ match: Strong AOE (R&G), cheap stun (Gamora), strong Attack & Strike tiles (R&G, Gamora) and hard-hitting nukes (Drax).You are only lacking an active yellow ability.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only recently did I realize that most 4*s were vaulted so I'd been like man, I got another Blade/Carol.  But now I use Blade/Carol/SL for like every match with a goon.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got them all champed and I've fallen in love with my new anti-Hand team. 

Elektra 5/3/5
    4* Iron Fist 3/5/5
    4* Cage 5/5/3

the synergy is just magnificent. Gather 7 purple and 6 blue to start off and you can destroy the ninjas that Turn To Smoke. Flip those attack tiles to strikes with DDC. Fortify the strikes after adding another strike with Chi Focus. Those fortified strikes will be there for Cage's H4H to nuke. And Chi Focus adds 3 green AP for Crowd Control, which now needs 3 less green to activate. You get that off, and you add 4 black AP for Fists of Iron, which is gonna kill somebody and flip the shields to strikes. 

If gathering purple seems troubling, just gather red for Elektras Ballet of Death. She'll steal red, purple, and black (unfortunately there's a glitch right now that won't let you steal more if you have more BoD tiles on the field) along with some tile damage which will be pumped up by strikes. Those colors that she steals, are the main 3 colors that the Hand ninja use their powers from. 

And every CD that fires from the Hand, gets you a free shield tile so even if their CDs reach 0, you'll find that they only do 1 point of damage. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    user311 said:
    Only recently did I realize that most 4*s were vaulted so I'd been like man, I got another Blade/Carol.  But now I use Blade/Carol/SL for like every match with a goon.
    I use Blad3 + C4rol all the time. My blad3 is lvl 193 and my C4rol is lvl 188. I managed to boost 2 attack tiles to do 5194 damage each. Thats 10k damage every turn! (This was in a wave node tho)
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    5* Hawkeye, 4* Coulson and 3* Blade - I'm calling this one "The CD Player" : )

I've got Hawkeye on 1/1/1 so he's a bit low on dmg but nonetheless.

How this works is that you want to gather black asap to activate Nightstalker. This will get your ap going up as it will give you +2 random ap each turn from Coulson's Call the cavalry passive and 1+ blue and red from Clint's purple - Can't seem to miss and will drain the enemy 1 ap/turn from one color. This will quickly generate ap for Clint's red and blue and since these are dirt cheap - 5 ap each you will fire them quickly and again trigger the ap gain passives when those cd's reach 0. On top of that keep adding Nightstalker cd tile's to accelerate ap gain. 

But wait!!! It gets even better - every time you fire Clint or Blade's power you add a Super Secret Tech cd tile which will deal dmg and again trigger ap gain passives. The accelerated ap gain should allow you to fire Blade's purple and/or Coulson's yellow to start dealing more dmg/turn and generate more ap. Let's not forget Blade's green passive that will put out strike tiles for you. If you need a quick 5 ap increase you can always use Coulson's purple and add some dmg there if you have this at level 5. When you have 5 cd tiles or more on the board it's good to use Coulson's blue to drain the enemy ap pool drastically.

I've found that this combination aims to dominate the board (note that Clint's purple passive fortifies 1 cd tile/turn) to the point where you can't place any more cd tiles because it's overcrowded. If someone had Medusa or 3* doc ock on the enemy team then they could take advantage from the strike/attack tiles you put out, nothing else comes to mind at the moment (new and improved Eddie Brock Venom?).

PROS
    - massive ap gain capabilities - Coulson's yellow and Clint's purple passive

- massive enemy ap drain - Blade's black, Coulson's Blue and Clint's Ant-man arrow

- good board control - fortified tiles, strike tiles, tile switch

CONS:

- no single nuke's, you will need to rely on Clint's red that will hit hard as long as you have spare red ap, Blade's purple will do substantial dmg/turn along with Coulson's blue passive. Coulson's yellow should help in dealing substantial dmg on top of the already mentioned

- no AOE aside from Clint's last arrow which basically means "no AOE" 'cause I haven't had a fight where it got to the point that I was able to fire it

Let me know what you think.

• Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Since XFWolvie is now unlocked in EotS i've been ripping through the nodes with XFWolvie, XFDP and Mystque.

Mystique Blue produces Black and Purple for the XF two to set up their respective Purple and Black.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    escart85 said:

I like the comp, but  it does suffer from being dependent on a 3*. Even if Blade is buffed, using this team is going to put a big target on your chest in PvP, as removing Blade before he hits 8 black will be a trivial task. I wonder if swapping them out with Cloak and Dagger could get some synergy with Coulson's Super Secret Tech and their Pocket Dimension?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ran Hobo-Fist, Nova, and Medusa a few times through PvP tonight. Absolutely DESTROYED someone when I drew a favorable board. Granted, that's true of a lot of teams. But it was certainly fun. 
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For EotS, I've been having a lot of fun with 4* Carol Danvers, 3* Blade and 3* Cap. I was running Medusa instead of cap at first, because I had fun with her in the last event, and I like the AP gen/healing, but there just aren't enough special tiles for me to get value this event. I discovered having Blade and Marvel together is insane. Carol's nuke is usually fairly strong (I have her champed now, yay!) but if you get a couple of Blade's strike tiles out, then drop nightstalker, the damage just climbs and climbs and climbs! Adding in cap makes use out of red and blue AP, and there is nothing quite as satisfying for me as throwing out a shield and immediately catching it with Executive Decision, then pumping up some more tiles. Even pumping up Cap's defense tile(s) from his blue is hilarious when you get to the point where each one is blocking 1-2k damage XD

It's especially strong in the multi-wave nodes; usually after the first one, I clear the whole wave with a 3 cascade.

Not to mention the dots off of Blade's purple....

omg, it's so good.
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    escart85 said:

I like the comp, but  it does suffer from being dependent on a 3*. Even if Blade is buffed, using this team is going to put a big target on your chest in PvP, as removing Blade before he hits 8 black will be a trivial task. I wonder if swapping them out with Cloak and Dagger could get some synergy with Coulson's Super Secret Tech and their Pocket Dimension?

I'll try it out, though I have Cloak and Dagger covered halfway.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a Hawkeye(5) at 3/4/0, and level 255. Pairing him with Coulson (280) and completing the team with Ghost Rider (274). It's been relatively effective so far. Hawkeye's passive to generate red means multiple Hellfire tiles, and they end up fortified to boot! So many countdown tiles! Yeah, Clint will get ISO, but it's working really well without him having levels, so no rush. I might even be sad when he gets a red cover, as I'll probably keep spamming Hellfire.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just had a surprisingly good run in The Real McCoy with Beast, Psylocke, and Khan. So many cheap powers keep Bring Out the Best firing almost constantly. I also ran C4rol instead of Khan for a while, but switched because I was running low on Health Packs.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I was loving a C4rol, St4rLord, Coulson combo I use during the fights with even one goon in the Sinister Six event.  

Though, I was equally impressed with a Cloak&Dagger, C4rol, St4rLord I tried during this event.  C&D kept making black tiles and red attack tiles, SL was throwing down his usual yellow and purple CD tiles, and C4rol was buffing her own Strikes and C&Ds attack tiles.  I would use Light Knives as a cheap AoE with C4rol's boosted Strikes and was decimating the field with it.

I'm looking forward to getting C&D champed later on to use that combo more =)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure just how much I'll use this combo in the future, but I was tearing things up in Beast's PvP with Medusa and C4rol. The latter two weren't even champed, but were taking down champed Hulkbuster and Iceman combos. It's kind of cool how Beast's blue adds the special tiles, which get an instabuff from C4rol.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The current Deadpool PvE has a lot of board movers, and I've been having a blast with Loki, 4Carol (boosted), and 3Iron Fist (boosted). This team doesn't need AP. Loki hides behind everyone. You let the other guys have all the match-4's and match-5's that you can (even if it's in a color they can use), and watch as Carol bumps Iron Fist's attack tile into the ionosphere. It's not difficult to have a 4500+ attack tile by turn four, and a 11,000+ attack tile by turn eight. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just had a surprisingly good run in The Real McCoy with Beast, Psylocke, and Khan. So many cheap powers keep Bring Out the Best firing almost constantly. I also ran C4rol instead of Khan for a while, but switched because I was running low on Health Packs.
    Next time you give this a go, try Beast, Psylocke, and Scarlet Witch. Not going to save you on health packs like KK will, but SW's blue countdown means you can use Beast's green to full effect every time. Beast and Psylocke's attack and strike tiles will stack nicely and you'll have a great AoE+stun when you get enough purple.