Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Next time Beast and Psylocke are both boosted, I'll give it a go.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Not sure just how much I'll use this combo in the future, but I was tearing things up in Beast's PvP with Medusa and C4rol. The latter two weren't even champed, but were taking down champed Hulkbuster and Iceman combos. It's kind of cool how Beast's blue adds the special tiles, which get an instabuff from C4rol.

On the basis of this, and because my broken head conflated it with the post above it, I tried Carol / 4* Star-Lord, and had heaps of fun.

Luckily my HB / Iceman or maybe HB / Punisher are still my main defensive team, except for retaliations.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After getting her to 5/5/2 and enjoying her Clash and Behemoth Burrito this week, I was messing around with Riri Williams and stumbled on a 5* Hawkeye, Riri & Star Lord team for goons in PVE.  The AP engine is obvious and Riri gives a condition-less nuke and a green "stun" (of sorts).  My Hawkeye is 1/0/1, but if you have his blue it gives solid abilities in every color but black. Not world-beating, but fun...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are there any fun team combinations with a boosted Thanos?  Asking for a friend.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are there any fun team combinations with a boosted Thanos?  Asking for a friend.
    Fun?! No...Thanos is no fun.
    But try some true healers, will save you healthpacks.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elektra 
    Vision 
    Thanos

Elektra's Shadow Step completely nullifies the damage done by Thanos' Court Death. Vision's Density: Light mitigates the damage of it.

Elektra
    Riri
    Thanos

Riri's Selfless Intervention sends herself airborne so she doesn't get hit by Court Death. 

• OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The current Deadpool PvE has a lot of board movers, and I've been having a blast with Loki, 4Carol (boosted), and 3Iron Fist (boosted). This team doesn't need AP. Loki hides behind everyone. You let the other guys have all the match-4's and match-5's that you can (even if it's in a color they can use), and watch as Carol bumps Iron Fist's attack tile into the ionosphere. It's not difficult to have a 4500+ attack tile by turn four, and a 11,000+ attack tile by turn eight. 
    Wow, that is a nasty combo.  By turn 3 I had 3Fist's attack tile doing 11k damage.  Good find.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    C4rol
    Medusa
    Cho

I had a good time with this team!  Use C4rol and Medusa to make special tiles, and use Cho to board shake and provide a second CD told that creates green and damages when it runs down (or you use C4rol's Yellow).

• studr1
    studr1 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have 5 teams I'm using at this time.
    5*Cap, 4*Medusa 3*Blade
    5*Wolvie 4*Prof X 3*Beast
    5*Black Bolt 4*Thor 2*Magneto
    5*Thanos, 3*Kamala 3*Magneto
    5*Green Goblin 4*Agent Venom 3*Scarlett Witch
    some other combo's I'm starting to use
    5*Wolvie 4*Jean Grey 3*Scarlett Witch
    5*Hawkeye 4*Captain Marvel 3*Iron Fist
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Actually the Deadpool burrito team made me think of

4*Wasp 3*Falcon 4*Blade  Lots of attack/protect tiles and when yellow matches come up Falcon buffs them then Wasp buffs them again.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I used

4* Captain Marvel

4* Medusa

4* War Machine

against the Carnage node in DPvsMPQ. Now that was fun! After all the Gatling Guns resolved, it was pretty much over. I think you could replace Medusa with Coulson for similar results.

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I left Bl4de, Medusa, and Wasp running in the Shield Sim. I've only gotten attacked 2x and I won both matches defensively - which was the point. I was looking for a team the AI couldn't screw up defensively.

Red is passive for both Medusa and Blade so as soon as you get some red, he's off and running.
    Green can only be used by Blade to chomp with so if he's taking damage, he's getting some healing.
    Yellow can only be used Wasp to buff whatever she and Blade are laying down for strike tiles - either creating a lot of damage with super buffed strike tiles or preventing a lot with super buffed protect tiles - match goes on long enough and there'll be plenty of both laid down.

Meanwhile, nobody is using up Blue, so Wasp is out there stealing a new color ap every turn (and laying a nasty sting trap if you can't avoid matching it due to a cascade).

Black basically becomes lethal for both Wasp and Bl4de, so whoever triggers it moves the match along rapidly.

Pink - can only be used by Medusa, swapping around tiles and gathering up extra AP for free.

Not to mention Medusa's attack tiles/countdown nibbling away and boosted by whatever strike tiles Blade and Wasp are laying out/buffing.

And all along, every time the tiles laid out by Medusa, Wasp, and Blade get eaten, Medusa is healing the team.

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have been using Champed (buffed) C4rol with fully covered but lower leveled Coulson and Cloak & Dagger in the Deadpool PvE.  It's been a very effective team even though C&D is only level 130. I just race to black to use C4rol's black. C&D creating black from the start of the match helps. C&D also makes a weak attack tile if there's enough black on the board. Get some purple to switch C&D to make yellow, Every time I use a power Coulson sets a countdown tile that buffs the strike and attack tiles. C&D have a 3 ap move so firing powers is easy. If I need a big nuke I can use C4rol's yellow on her black. Plus C&D are hidden behind the others which is nice because mine only have 6k hps.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    EDIT: Oops, wrong thread
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Been having fun messing around w/ C4rol/Pun/Coulson

Punisher's blue is the key. When you cast it Coulson creates a countdown tiles which is then buffed by C4rol.

So you are looking at about 6k in strike tile damage after you factor in punisher's .25 boost.

It's one of the few times his boost is worthwhile 
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not sure if this has been used here, but I've been running IM40 and Star Lord on Hawkguy's essential node for Venom Bomb, and it's surprisingly fun. Drop a yellow for IM40, wait for an enemy to use his ability to drop a Star Lord yellow, plant 5 to 6 countdowns with Hawkguy and punch away with Star Lord red. Bonus points if you can get Hawkguy's purple out for the extra damage from the strikes. 
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I've played with C4rol, Hawkguy and Switch recently in Venom bomb and it also works very well. C4rol speeds up Switch CD tile, Hawkguy eats up enemy strike,protect,attack tiles and boosts purple too. The downside is that you can either activate Photonic Barrage or heal Hawkguy but it didn't happen often cause his tiles were only the blue ones in this combination.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My latest team is Medusa at 5/5/3, Bl4de at 5/5/3 and G4mora at 3/5/5. They've been doing a great job helping me get to 2000 in the simulator, where the new hotness is C4rol, Medusa and Bl4de. Stun locking their Medusa with G4mora really makes that team much less effective, and with all the special tiles generated, it's reasonably hard to actually take much damage. It's worked pretty well against everything else I've thrown it at the simulator too, though I sometimes switch Medusa to 5/4/4 if I want to steal some attack tiles, such as when we're going against a team with Carnage.

--

In the Venom Bomb, my default team became C4rol at 5/5/3, Medusa at 5/3/5 and Purple 3rrow at 3/5/5. Tons of blue and purple AP generated by matching enemy tiles, which I could then steal, and boost with a bunch of cheap arrow countdowns  :)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Rulk and Switch both boosted, my team du jour has been those two and whoever is required. There really is no substitute for a 16k AoE attack. Yikes.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone mentioned this in the fast PvE team thread, and while it's not a team I would use all the time, it will be my go to easy node clearing team for PvE: Thano5, G4ocket and G4mora. Most matches are one, maybe two moves, even at higher levels. It's definitely fun!