Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For strange sights, I've been using 5* Black Bolt and 5* Thanos, match them with any 4* with a lot of health that isn't dead from being teamed with them previously, and it's an easy win. 

(this was a joke)
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

How has this thread stayed in General for so long?! I just spent 15 minutes looking through the Character Discussion sub because that's where I thought character discussion was supposed to take place.

Anyway... this team is doing work for me in the BP PvP event right now.

Black Panther (5/3/5 lv221 > boosted lv359)

+ 4* Blade (5/5/3 lv 275 > boosted lv372)

+ 3* Falcon (5/4/4 lv198)

I've been hit ~6 times in the last 3 hours for a rate of 5 defensive wins and 1 loss. It won't last, but I assume that everyone sees Falcon as easy pickings, but if he gets to Inspire even one or two Strike tiles, Blade starts tearing through his opposition.

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have thought of a team that let you switch basic tiles around to your heart's content. There are Quicksilver, MrF and Coulson. Each of them has different colour attack that can switch tiles around. Only problem is no red users among them. I havnt try because I don't have enough covers for Coulson purple, but this team seem fun.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know it's not novel, but it's been fun: Peggy/Nova/3Fist - Nova just punishes, and 3Fist makes tons of blacks and regenerating attack tile.

I also swapped out Peggy for SL (almost champed).  In PVE, it is ridiculous.  Blacks for 3 purple, turned into strike tiles, + persistant attack, and SL gives AP...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I really couldn't find a team I liked Agent Venom in the last time he was featured in PVE, but this time I recently champed X-23 from HfH and Peggy (mine is 5/3/2, Lv 200) was boosted, so I tried out the three of them together on a lark.  There's no color overlap (as you'll never use AV's red over Peggy's) and full coverage with three solid-to-excellent abilities with costs below the threshold of AV's black passive (making it optional). It's been a pretty fun trio and they've cruised through the Dark Avengers in the first Sub of "The Hunt".  I'm defintely glad I gave AV a second look...

...incidentally, for the 2* Storm node, her Hulk and Kamala worked pretty well together.  Not as well as MoStorm, but better than I expected, even with them all boosted.
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For the ultron drones waves in Strange Sights I was using 3* Doc Oc, Medusa, and Carnage.  Started a bit slow, but sokn it was impossible to make a match without taking out special tiles.  Medusa was healing the team faster than they could be hurt, and the attack tiles were doing massive damage.  Rather slow, but fun for pve.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't use 5* very often, but for the Panther event I've found that Phoenix is a not too shabby partner for 4* Blade.  Mine's at 3/5/5, level 310 (5* are not an ISO priority for me), even so her purple power making 7 red tiles makes Blade even more fiercely mighty.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You know what team I kinda like?

AV
    Gwenpool 5/3/5
    The Hood 4/5/4

Hood gets protection from AV and Gwen to steal AP every turn and occasionally from Gwen's black power. Gwen has some REALLY strong powers that affect the board but don't really need special tiles. I've only got her lvl 168 but she still hits hard unboosted. 
  • TiberiusKhan
    TiberiusKhan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Medusa, Coulson, Hawkguy ... just wow. Match black until you get No Good News and then just watch the AP flood in.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dont know if this team is already mentioned but here it comes:

C4rol - Blad3 - Torch

The key is to collect black and green to get thoose 1 turn countdown tiles out (blades black / torchs green). Now carol will boost blades strike tiles every turn. And within a few turns your matches starting to hit like a wreckingball = lots of fun :)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Mr Fantastic boosted, I was toying around with Medusa-Carnage-MrF yesterday in some heart of darkness wave nodes. They're all still a long way from being maxed: Medusa at level 200 ~3/3/4, Carnage at level 147, ~2/2/3, MrF at level 160 (unboosted lvl), ~2/2/4) (doing this from the top of my head so some of the cover levels may be off).  But despite them not being maxed, even on the 'top' wave node they performed nicely. Lots of healing and damage from attack tiles and MrF's countdown tile. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Have a lot of fun with Bullseye, Switch and Blade in the ninja wave nodes. A couple of Contract killer! and a board filled with strikes.  B)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    With Mr Fantastic boosted, I was toying around with Medusa-Carnage-MrF yesterday in some heart of darkness wave nodes. They're all still a long way from being maxed: Medusa at level 200 ~3/3/4, Carnage at level 147, ~2/2/3, MrF at level 160 (unboosted lvl), ~2/2/4) (doing this from the top of my head so some of the cover levels may be off).  But despite them not being maxed, even on the 'top' wave node they performed nicely. Lots of healing and damage from attack tiles and MrF's countdown tile. 
    I have all three champed and was running them together in shield sim for a little bit last season. They make a great combo!!! As you cover and level them it just gets better.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's not very original, but 5* Thanos, 5* Panther, XXXX.  On the easy nodes/waves, kill one guy and watch them fall.  Thanos Death, Panther Move or Be Moved, goon downed, Thanos Death, Panther, goon downed...you get the dominoes here.

I only have Thanos 1/0/2 and Panther 0/0/1, and it is fun.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    DeNappa said:
    I have all three champed and was running them together in shield sim for a little bit last season. They make a great combo!!! As you cover and level them it just gets better.
    They're great together AND they make as good a scarecrow team as PvP gets at that level. Teams don't want to attack you because they end up having to use health packs and because the match tends to take a long time due to all of the passive animations and health regen.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

A little late considering the event is over, but I enjoyed:

Danvers/HT/ProfX - for wave nodes against goons, one HT green skill and you're on autopilot, likely not taking much damage after a few turns...

Danvers/Loki/(any tile generator, like 3* daken) - for wave nodes against heroes, once you have a tile, one match 4 from the enemy will supercharge it...  one match KOs after about the second match 4...

For PvP 4*Fist/AV/IM30 - Fist at 5/5/3 who's blue feeds his green and green generates black for AV, AV who uses black and red.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been experimenting with Carol/3* Blade/C&D.  Let Cloak and Dagger generate black, use black to lay down Blade's Nightstalker CD, then generate attack tiles.  Carol then buffs them for punchy goodness.  If you're lucky, there's also enough red on the board that you get strikes on top of that.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is out here yet. I'm not sure I want to put it out here..... But, for shield sim, Medusa/Carnage/Iceman

Carnage puts out the candy for Medusa to keep the team healed and generate ap for every one of Iceman's powers...... Need I say more.....
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    I'm not sure if this is out here yet. I'm not sure I want to put it out here..... But, for shield sim, Medusa/Carnage/Iceman

Carnage puts out the candy for Medusa to keep the team healed and generate ap for every one of Iceman's powers...... Need I say more.....
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand find next opponent.... :D
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:

Want Iceman so bad! Only got him at 2 covers and wont be seeing a lot of covers for him if they dont change the vaulting system :(