champg0951 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    C&D, G4mora, Gr4cket

or

Medusa, G4mora, C&D
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've just discovered C4rol, St4r-Lord and Medusa vs Goons in a wave node.
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just tried Carol, (boosted) Kingpin and OML in the HOD event wave node. That got real ugly real quick. I'm sure OML could be sub'd out pretty easy. 
  • Wingdinger
    Wingdinger Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Man my go-to team is C4rol, Coulson and St4rLord.  Just focus on getting black and yellow matches for carols black and coulsons yellow. Once you get black than yellow fired, game over.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:

X-23, Cloak and Dagger and Vulture is quite good.

If X-23 tanks, just match Purple to use Pocket Dimension. Let them make Black tiles so we can activate Vulture's Circling Prey. If C&D tanks Black for Vulture, he would only come to the front when we match Blue. With enough Black tiles on the board, C&D will also start healing (If X-23 doesn't tank Purple, C&D will, it doesn't make much difference).

Fly, Pop Claws, Go Berserk, Throw Knifes, Swoop, Slice, Win.

We can also bring a Repulsor Punch TU to use any Red AP. If played right, X-23 and C&D would be healing through the match while Vulture is busy flying and avoiding damage.

Minor quibble: With enough black tiles, they create red attack tiles. You have to flip them to make yellow tiles. When there are enough yellow tiles on the board is when they start healing. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Bullseye boosted and featured on his wave mission, he leads to a very fun combo with Grocket and Gamora. Made Bullseye 5/5/3 and tried to get his last hits to cover the board in strike tiles. Lead to so many Deadliest Woman procs. You last hit and, against minions, it means no danger of tiles moving and dropping in a new purple.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To run DDQ every day, I've been kinda lazy and just throwing 4* Carol, 4* Coulson, and 3* Hawkeye out there. Once Carol fires her black, it's just a steamroll. Match damage quickly goes into the stratosphere, especially if you get a couple of blues off.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What are some people's favorite 5* team comps?

I'm currently running Silver Surfer, Black Bolt, and Thanos. Surfer makes charge tiles, black bolt makes charge tiles too, so AP seems to be easy enough to get. Once something dies, Thanos' stun basically gives you a free turn including an second hit of black bolt's black ability. 

Once I get a decent amount of covers on Black Panther, I'm gonna swap out Silversurfer for him and see how it goes. 

I see a lot of Pheonix and Old-man Logan, but I really don't see their synergy with the teams they are on
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally got me a rainbow of undercovered 5's for me to play against goons with for a quick win, Green Goblin, Strange and Peter Parker.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finally got me a rainbow of undercovered 5's for me to play against goons with for a quick win, Green Goblin, Strange and Peter Parker.
    I've been using Strange/Panther/Thanos as my 5* quick clear team.  They have rainbow coverage for matches. If a goon gets an ability off Strange blasts them and Thanos takes out the rest of the team. If anyone survives that, Panther comes in and cleans up after the stun. Strange has low health, but I do the 3 easy nodes once each before the 4 clears on the hard nodes, then when I get back to the easy ones they are healed up and I can do 3 clears on each without him going down.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two throw-away 5s and a champed 3-star Thanos is great for clearing easy PvE nodes. Takes me about 6.5 minutes.  B)
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Two throw-away 5s and a champed 3-star Thanos is great for clearing easy PvE nodes. Takes me about 6.5 minutes.  B)
    Yeah!  My favorite trivial node team is (insert 5*) 3* Thanos, and 4* R&G.  One match and it's over!
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Yeah!  My favorite trivial node team is (insert 5*) 3* Thanos, and 4* R&G.  One match and it's over!

I've been doing that for a while with 5*Strange and 5*GG, but now that I am using GG with Riri and 3*Strange as my new line-up I am trying to avoid having to waste a health pack on GG due to the damage that he takes from Thanos.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm enjoying Bl4de, Vulture, and C&D.  
    C&D generates Black for Vulture's Black (and attack tiles once there's enough black on board).
    Vulture's Black generates Green and Red for Bl4de to do his Red passive and AOE/True heal himself.
    Once Vulture's up and running self-sufficient you can switch C&D to the Yellow mode so they can true heal themselves.

Lots of passive / Lots of true heal / Lots of fun
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Steve and Cap are my favorite disposable 5* to run there, because their colours complement Thanos perfectly, and make sure I have at least decent Match damage on every Colour. BSSM is my third if it's not something with a required Character, since his overlap with Thanos is on T's weaker colours, and he heals twice as fast as the tier default.
  • keitterman
    Options
    If we're just talking about clearing PvE nodes, 5* thanos and black bolt do it very well. B/c 5* Thanos adds a stun, black bolt's black ability gets two hits in when an enemy goes down, which is about (4 or 5)k * 2, Thanos's black is between 8k and 10k, and if they do die from black bolt's black and not Thanos', it will chain Thano's ability for another 8 to 10, you make a match, and then black bolt goes off again. even 5th and 6th clears of shield level 8 required 4* nodes or the final node are pretty short matches. They both have huge HP pools, so I only use about 3-4 health tokens for initial clear, and another 2-3 for final clear
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It might be awhile before I get Carnage (3/3/3 but Level 127) and Lockjaw (1/2/1 Level 94) more useable, but I used them with Medusa on the Big Enchilada last night. Even undercovered and underleveled, they did really well and were fun. I expect to see this team a lot in the coming months. 
  • keitterman
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    It might be awhile before I get Carnage (3/3/3 but Level 127) and Lockjaw (1/2/1 Level 94) more useable, but I used them with Medusa on the Big Enchilada last night. Even undercovered and underleveled, they did really well and were fun. I expect to see this team a lot in the coming months. 
    I kind of want to use a team of Black Bolt Medusa, and Lockjaw, just for thematic purposes

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just run 4* R&G, any other Guardian, and Medusa to blast through trivial nodes. The odd time it takes three turns (if the third goon / board mover has ~2.5K health or more), but usually it's two turns, tops.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They're not a good defensive team, but I won a few matches today with:

Wasp
    Elektra
    Mockingbird

Max AP steal. AI never fires a power.