Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• nc69chicano
    nc69chicano Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What is your guys' solution for C4ge?? How do you get around his "Defender" ability?? I was thinking Cap'ns & Marvels trio cause of Stev3, but what are you guys using??
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is your guys' solution for C4ge?? How do you get around his "Defender" ability?? I was thinking Cap'ns & Marvels trio cause of Stev3, but what are you guys using??
    Stuns are the most general answer, and will help with any of the others, too. Characters that generate Strikes and such passively, like Blade or Daken, can also get you enough damage to take him down without firing powers, but it's usually slow. G4mora+4*R&G combines the two approaches nicely.

If you have C4rol, she can kick out enough strong Strikes+the nuke when her Countdown finishes that it's usually worth letting him make the one Protect Tile.

Medusa can also be nice. Generates extra AP when you match away his Protects, and can steal them too. At lower levels, Loki can steal them and turn them into Strikes, which can be absolutely devastating.

3* Carol's red will pop all enemy Protect Tiles at 5 covers.

Theoretically, you could wait until you've got a nuke ready that will down him in one go, but his health pool is big enough that the options here are very limited. Usually only useful if you're hitting a C4ge that's significantly below your average level.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Previously, I’d found that Vulture with 10 Blue could lift off, activating C4ge’s protect, then Hybrid Tech Slicer would passively activate to destroy the tile. Not sure if order of operations was intentionally changed or something, ‘cause lately the protect has been coming out after the Slicer instead.
    Eddie Venom is a partial counter to C4ge, since Give and Take can make all those protects worthless (while also boosting Lethal Protector). The caveat is that you’re letting Cage have tiles to fortify for Hero for Hire.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does anyone know what Gambits purple will do to an enemy special tile if the tile is fortified? I dont think I've tried that scenario myself
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone know what Gambits purple will do to an enemy special tile if the tile is fortified? I dont think I've tried that scenario myself
    It should be like hitting a fortified enemy tile with Steve Roger’s red or blue CD tiles: he overwrites the enemy tile, and now his CD is fortified.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Errr, I dunno how relevant to fun it is. But, in the Hulk Sakaar arena fights, I've been using the 3 star hulk, and C4rol, with quake to round it off.  Many others have as well, I see, but it's just hilarious. 

Oh you matched green? Have some team wide Damage that makes anger tiles. Did these make more green. Have more anger tiles, and some more team damage. And with quake, his anger tiles are hitting you for 1. I have had teams kill themselves on turn 3, simply by resolving their own anger board, and it hit my whole team for maybe... 700 damage? It's incredibly satisfying, and it makes me laugh evilly.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ctenko said:
    Errr, I dunno how relevant to fun it is. But, in the Hulk Sakaar arena fights, I've been using the 3 star hulk, and C4rol, with quake to round it off.  Many others have as well, I see, but it's just hilarious. 

Oh you matched green? Have some team wide Damage that makes anger tiles. Did these make more green. Have more anger tiles, and some more team damage. And with quake, his anger tiles are hitting you for 1. I have had teams kill themselves on turn 3, simply by resolving their own anger board, and it hit my whole team for maybe... 700 damage? It's incredibly satisfying, and it makes me laugh evilly.
    This is pretty much how I've been going through them as well. Very fun :smiley:
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    It should be like hitting a fortified enemy tile with Steve Roger’s red or blue CD tiles: he overwrites the enemy tile, and now his CD is fortified.

This is what I would hope it does too
  • Katien
    Katien Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dormammu said:

ammenell said:
    thanks to whoever posted rulk, carol and baby groot as gamora, medusa, baby groot counter.
    definitely fun. 
    Yes!

Red Hulk + 4Carol + 4Grocket

This is my new go-to team against Rocket/Gamora/Medusa in shield sim. My alliance mate GetSomeNuts tipped me off to this team. He called it 'the cure for Grodeusa'.  :)  Just tank with Rhulk and let his passive countdowns trigger Carol's passive to buff all of Grocket's tiles. The match will be over in short order. Wonderful!
    You can also use XFDP, C4rol, and 4Grocket as a counter.  I like it better since you can let C4rol and/or Grocket tank.  XFDP black replaces RHulk's red and deals significantly more damage.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Gambit, 4* Coulson, and 4* Blade.

Good gravy, when this team gets rolling it's just insane. Countdowns everywhere doing damage and generating AP. Free Bloodlust damage if you save the red; board shake, charged tiles, and more countdowns if you spend it. AP steal on Coulson's blue, with countdowns galore to fuel it. Blade heals with his green, usually. Match some TU tiles and watch friendly countdowns disappear for more mayhem.

This team walked all over the final wave node & the Doc Ock boss fight for me in SCL 8.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* DD + Vulture + (someone with a good stun)

I was doing 5* DD + Vulture + Thoress in the Vulture PvP, lots of fun.  Gamora has a better stun but her health was just too low to stand up to the massive damage from the crazy boosted list this week.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @broll

You liking DD5?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I recently champed Iceman and have been having fun in Shield SIM with him + IM40 and C4rol, I never saw what was so great before but now with his powers respected he is a beast and IM40 gives him ap to burn baby!
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Black Bolt + Vulture + Gambit. For those times when you just need all the AP.
  • Saydie
    Saydie Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So...this particular Hulk event while Vulture is boosted....(assuming champed for most efficient results) Him, 4* Gamora, and Cloak and Dagger (just to make sure I get my black for Vulture, plus their true heal and it gives me full rainbow coverage).  Collect black and up he goes...even a single green match gives enough to toss out his green countdown and up in the air again...easy to tag bad guys with Gamora's stun for board control with the extra blue Vulture gives even if the board is blue starved...and match over within as few as 6 turns.  Unless black is somehow horrifically placed, but there's always an exception...I haven't even really bothered looking towards Strange, either one, on the nodes with goons, they're so efficient.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s a little late, but I champed Nightcrawler a few days ago. Today I decided to run NC, Mock, and Vulture for this endless Hulk event.  It’s just fun spamming with Bamf and letting the AI match 4.

I have a new fun pair for Simulator.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    It’s a little late, but I champed Nightcrawler a few days ago. Today I decided to run NC, Mock, and Vulture for this endless Hulk event.  It’s just fun spamming with Bamf and letting the AI match 4.

I have a new fun pair for Simulator.
    That team is fun for sure, but then I got NC's blue power for free twice in one match, when the enemy team had very little in their strongest color... puff... puff...  Ha!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    @broll

You liking DD5?
    Oh yeah, he's a lot of fun.  Nearly champed at this point and boosted to god like levels this PvE.  He seems a worthy first champ.  Should be champed in a few days.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @broll

I hope you went cl9 for hulk event, having the boosted 5* even nearly champed makes even cl9 trivial. Mine is 461 boosted to 571, 1308 purple match damage and that's his lowest one!! Up to 1681 on yellow
  • nc69chicano
    nc69chicano Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Options
    For this Guardians PVE event, Spider-Wom4n, SWitch and Strang3 has been a life saver!! SWitch feeds to S-W Love Purple that helps rid the board of opponents pesky special tiles and then can try to remove tiles with her Green Hex Bolt; S-W can absorb damage if you collect Black for Seeking Redemption and can help with damage and slight delay with Red System Shock; Strang3 of course blasts away with Yellow's Flames of Faltine and does an even better job with damage and delay when you fire off Blue Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. When you're down to 1 opponent, just fire SWitch's Purple Reality Crush for Damage and Stun. 

My team is currently SWitch - Champed lvl 178 5-3-5; Spider-Wom4n - lvl 152 (boosted to lvl 233) 3-3-1; Strang3 - Champed lvl 177 5-3-5. I don't have Jean Grey, or else I can see her easily being a better foe against the special tiles