Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,149 Chairperson of the Boards
    For this Guardians PVE event, Spider-Wom4n, SWitch and Strang3 has been a life saver!! SWitch feeds to S-W Love Purple that helps rid the board of opponents pesky special tiles and then can try to remove tiles with her Green Hex Bolt; S-W can absorb damage if you collect Black for Seeking Redemption and can help with damage and slight delay with Red System Shock; Strang3 of course blasts away with Yellow's Flames of Faltine and does an even better job with damage and delay when you fire off Blue Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. When you're down to 1 opponent, just fire SWitch's Purple Reality Crush for Damage and Stun. 

My team is currently SWitch - Champed lvl 178 5-3-5; Spider-Wom4n - lvl 152 (boosted to lvl 233) 3-3-1; Strang3 - Champed lvl 177 5-3-5. I don't have Jean Grey, or else I can see her easily being a better foe against the special tiles
    I've said it before, and I'll say it once more - Boosted, Champed Jean Grey is essentially a cheat code.  Put her at 5/3/5 along with (Boosted, Champed) Peggy at 5/5/3.  Of course, the third piece is the completely busted 3-star Gambit at 0/0/5.  Craziest team ever.  Three turns max, you get Peggy's Red and do 13K to a single target.  Next turn, you clear the board of 6 specials and smack everyone for 7K.  I set Peggy's blue to 3 because, with this team, you will almost never get enough blue to use it.  My 5-star Gambit is 0/2/1, so it takes a bit longer, but it still works like a charm for his required node, even on SCL9.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    So after playing her PvP, I'm gonna have to circle back around to Nico once she's champed. I was using her, my champed 5* Daredevil and G4mora.  Loaner Nico was buffing a boatload of tiles each turn, but not all that much, since it was the loaner. 

Can't wait to see how much she'll boost them when she's champed. She very well may steal the title of best tile buffer from C4rol. 
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I played with 3* Gambit, Coulson, and C4rol earlier today.  I had a lot of fun with that one.  They are kinda glass cannony, but when those "Coulson Cascades" get going it's a treat to watch the other team get dismantled =)
  • nc69chicano
    nc69chicano Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    So I'm out here trying to get my 2nd Nightcrawler cover, running through the Shield Simulator with Gamb3t (all covers), Bl4de and Spid3r-Man; then I run into a barrage of Thing / Spider-Gwen or Jean Grey / Gambit (Black Covers) teams... I also saw a C4rol / Khan / Gambit team I stole... But anyone got combo that can take out Gambit / Thing combos?!?! 

(Btw I'm a 3 star player who hasn't maxed a single 3 star yet, so any team I can get hold of within that realm would help)
  • DarthDeVo
    So I'm out here trying to get my 2nd Nightcrawler cover, running through the Shield Simulator with Gamb3t (all covers), Bl4de and Spid3r-Man; then I run into a barrage of Thing / Spider-Gwen or Jean Grey / Gambit (Black Covers) teams... I also saw a C4rol / Khan / Gambit team I stole... But anyone got combo that can take out Gambit / Thing combos?!?! 

(Btw I'm a 3 star player who hasn't maxed a single 3 star yet, so any team I can get hold of within that realm would help)
    Thing/Spider-Gwen/Gambatt teams are an insta-skip for me. I tried it once, just to see. Never again. Gwen just gets purple and red too fast for you to effectively counter. 

The only team I can think of that would maybe have a decent shot would be 3/5/5 Peggy (to delay Gwen even a little bit) and maybe IM40, Iceman or G4mora. Someone with a cheap stun so you can stun Thing and take out Gambatt. Even then, you better boost up and pray for a good opening board. 

So for all those reasons, I just skip them. And I realize that's a mostly 4* team. If you're still in 3* land, don't feel bad about needing to skip that team. 

And good luck going for the 2000 mark in Sim. That's tough to do at the 3* level.
  • nc69chicano
    DarthDeVo said:

So for all those reasons, I just skip them. And I realize that's a mostly 4* team. If you're still in 3* land, don't feel bad about needing to skip that team. 

And good luck going for the 2000 mark in Sim. That's tough to do at the 3* level.
    I got to 1900 mark but have been beaten down to 1640.. I have 5 and 4 stars (Green Goblin lvl 315 3/1/0 highest rated 5, Bl4de lvl 229 5/2/4 highest 4)

I have been insta-skipping but the following trio is the EXACT same team in a higher or same level lol... Or Medusa / 4GRocket / G4mora or Riri combo.. All skips for me lol 
  • nc69chicano
    I got to 2000... Finished it with Gamb3t's (all covers), Bl4de, and Kamela Khan... Though I spent like 2k in iso skipping, I'm happy I got my 3rd Nightcrawler cover lol
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,325 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone have a good enough MEHulk to run an all-4* Hulk Brigade? I really just want to see that stack at the top, I doubt there is any real synergy between Red Hulk, Awesome Hulk, and Main Event Hulk, but since none of mine are good enough to tell (3-7 covers each), maybe I'll wait until Balance of Power to try it
  • DarthDeVo
    Does anyone have a good enough MEHulk to run an all-4* Hulk Brigade? I really just want to see that stack at the top, I doubt there is any real synergy between Red Hulk, Awesome Hulk, and Main Event Hulk, but since none of mine are good enough to tell (3-7 covers each), maybe I'll wait until Balance of Power to try it
     Well, it would have rainbow match coverage, just lacking an active red power. I haven't played Chulk much, but he creates charged tiles; I'm not sure if they're ever green charged tiles though. I'm pretty sure his CD creates green tiles, which would be good for Rhulk. You'd just have to decide if you want to use your purple for MEHulk or Rhulk.

Honestly, it probably wouldn't be too bad, and the health pool would be crazy deep. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
     Well, it would have rainbow match coverage, just lacking an active red power. I haven't played Chulk much, but he creates charged tiles; I'm not sure if they're ever green charged tiles though. I'm pretty sure his CD creates green tiles, which would be good for Rhulk. You'd just have to decide if you want to use your purple for MEHulk or Rhulk.

Honestly, it probably wouldn't be too bad, and the health pool would be crazy deep. 
    Can’t pair TAHulk with ME Hulk, like with all the other Banner Hulks. Have to choose between Gamma Siphon and Gamma Powerbomb too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2017
    TAHulk isn't banner, it's Ammadeus Cho. However, I did just attempt it, and sure enough, selecting MEHulk removed TA Hulk from the team. This must be a bug.

Thinking about this more, I think I'd use Gamma Powerbomb and try to maximize board shake with this team. I think it would be fun; i'll be sure to check back in a year or two when i have them all at champ and let y'all know lol.
  • DarthDeVo
    TAHulk isn't banner, it's Ammadeus Cho. However, I did just attempt it, and sure enough, selecting MEHulk removed TA Hulk from the team. This must be a bug.
    Especially since it sounds like there aren't issues with the other Banner Hulks. I hadn't tried the team myself; I just assumed since they were different characters, they could both be selected. Kind of like playing Riri with any of the various Starks. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    @DarthDeVo
    @ThaRoadWarrior

I thought the same thing, TAHulk is not a Banner hulk, should be playable with MEHulk the same way RHulk is
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Isn't the premise behind Totes Amazeballs Hulk that Amadeus "cured" Bruce by taking away the Hulkness and absorbing it himself?  That's been the accepted reason why they can't be in the same team, just like Mjolnir prevents having more than one Thor.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with Falcon having Cap's shield though...

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    I’ve fallen in love again. 

5* Daredevil 1/4/2
    4* Gamora 3/5/5 champed
    4* Cage 5/5/3

start DD with less than 30% life and get those strong strikes out. Gamora and DD have cheap stun powers in 2 different colors and DD does more damage for any damage you deal to a stunned character.

I use this concept with the grocket/gamora pair. Prioritise 6 blue and stun and you get up to 10k damage from a single match. 2k tile match, DD damage, attack tile damage then DD damage again. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Just to update: Cho Hulk appears to be mutually exclusive with all Banner Hulks. This appears to be intended behavior, even though the situation is fundamentally the same as Spider-Gwen who comes from an alternate universe where she was bitten and not Peter Parker being able to be on a team with Parker Spider-Man, and Miles Morales who comes from a universe where Peter Parker is dead.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2017
    I guess the new question becomes: who is the next largest sprite to use on that team? MEHulk, Red Hulk, Devil Dinosaur? Or Awesome Hulk, Red Hulk, Hulkbuster (robot hulk)?
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    The only thing I love more then Infinity Teams are teams that make critical tiles, and for this I L-O-V-E using Switch, KK and Hawkeye (Modern) because you get rewarded for it.  Switch naturally makes match-5s and KK can do so as well and Hawkeye just kills the competition!!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Do you like KK better than Grey Suit Widow for that?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loki 4/4/5
    Venom (Eddie Brock) 5/3/5
    Drax 4/4/5 or 3/5/5

sneaky good. Been using this team at events vs 2* bullseye. Allowing match-4s are the key. You steak AP and when the CDs resolve, you deal damage with Drax’s passive. And depending on how much, you put a shield out for Venom to gain power with his green and yellow powers. Give and Take drops the power of the shields unless you steal them with Loki’s black power. You can also use Drax’s purple tile when a bunch of CDs are on the field to hit harder and.... put more shields on the field.