Options

Comments

• vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 242 Tile Toppler
    Options
    C4rol 
    Coulson 
    Hawkeye (5* or 3*)

So much fun. A little break from my predictable use of C4rol, Blade & Wasp. 

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    C4rol 
    Coulson 
    Hawkeye (5* or 3*)

So much fun. A little break from my predictable use of C4rol, Blade & Wasp. 

I've been using Star-Lord instead of Carol, particularly against wave nodes or The Big Enchilada. The metagame is trying to get Hawkguy to run out of arrows before winning.
  • Antomat_0314
    Antomat_0314 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    C4rol/coulson/beast

I don't have c4rol or coulson max covered and this is still a joy to play. 6 blue ap for 2 1 turn countdown tiles that also return 4 ap, deal some damage and create random A/S/P tiles that get buffed :)

Purple to charge and swap blue/green or black should you need and you have a battery for beast to be just... beastly[self groan]. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    thanks to whoever posted 4*carol + 3*daken and loki, I have a hard time describing how much fun this is. 
    some very rare boss battles aside, this is the one team which makes mpq actually feel like a puzzle game. 
    unboosted really squishy, but all three passive could get going after your third turn, you just have to set it up. 

but tiny kitty tinykitty, doing 10k+ damage per match-3 after a few turns just doesn't get old... 

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Maybe not reliably great as 2/3 of this team is boosted right now, but Gwenpool/Medusa/3* Daken has been working wonders in The Hunt.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's a fun team (not fast) but they can handle any opponent, including Bosses.

Invisible Woman + Cloak & Dagger + Star Lord

You can maintain continuous team invisibility here.  Just switch C&D to produce Yellow tiles and match them all day long while Star Lord reduces IW's team invisibility cost to 5 Yellow.  With constant invisibility and strong protect tiles everywhere, you're more than safe.  If an opponent has some nasty AoE attack, just take them out or reduce their power with C&D.  IW and Star Lord can handle any special tile creators too.  Rainbow coverage as well.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    My current favorite is C4rol, Patch and Medusa. Medusa puts down countdowns that will let C4rol buff any specials. Patch can put down monster strike tiles, and Medusa can steal a good chunk of them and then buff the stolen ones. Plus with Medusa's attack tiles/countdown damage to double down on strike tiles, a small cascade of 2 or 3 matches, will take out almost character. C4rol can also force the countdown on medusa's  to trigger earlier buffs but usually the match is over before it comes to that. C4rol is not doing a ton in that besides getting some AP and maybe some damage from matching strongest colors, so I've been trying to find a good replacement. 
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KC_Hammer said:
    My current favorite is C4rol, Patch and Medusa. Medusa puts down countdowns that will let C4rol buff any specials. Patch can put down monster strike tiles, and Medusa can steal a good chunk of them and then buff the stolen ones. Plus with Medusa's attack tiles/countdown damage to double down on strike tiles, a small cascade of 2 or 3 matches, will take out almost character. C4rol can also force the countdown on medusa's  to trigger earlier buffs but usually the match is over before it comes to that. C4rol is not doing a ton in that besides getting some AP and maybe some damage from matching strongest colors, so I've been trying to find a good replacement. 
    I use Carnage instead of C4rol. By the time hair meddle happens there is so much junk on the board its basically guaranteed to steal/buff around 9 tiles. I call them the Indian Givers.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Khanwulf said:
    Boosted Iron Fist 3*, Mordo, and SW makes for some quick giggles. Turn 4 things start to snowball.

--Khanwulf

I recently champed Mordo, but am still looking for teams I like using him in.  This is probably the winner, so far, at least with him boosted. 

Otherwise, him, 4Thor and IM40 has been pretty effective for me, as he tanks blue in addition to creating more charged tiles with his black.  He can even stun an opponent if you don't have enough blue for 4Thor.  You'll want him 5/3/5, as you'll rarely want to use his blue over 4Thors

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have been having a great deal of fun with boosted Gwenpool (5/3/5). I recently championed her (my third), and she has been a monster in the Iron Fist tournament. Purple does 12,000+ damage (destroy random column), and green does 25,000+ damage total (2,500 damage per AP is not shabby on a damage scale!). Gwenpool+Iron Fist+Cyclops has been a fun team to use. She's also been a pretty good member of my Sim Team (Wasp, 4Carol, Gwenpool). 

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Maybe this one is a little obvious, but...

Cage/Carol/Wasp

Cage tanks and lays down protect tiles for Wasp to flip. Wasp and Carol do their thing bugging tiles.

The best part is with cage tanking your strongest color is red, which will charge up his nuke through carols energy absorption.

This had to be what the devs had in mind when they created the characters. The only stipulation is that cage is the highest level character so red is your strongest color.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Cage/Carol/Wasp

Cage tanks and lays down protect tiles for Wasp to flip. Wasp and Carol do their thing bugging tiles.

The best part is with cage tanking your strongest color is red, which will charge up his nuke through carols energy absorption.

This had to be what the devs had in mind when they created the characters. The only stipulation is that cage is the highest level character so red is your strongest color.
    Except that yellow is cage's (both 3* and 4* variants) strongest color........
  • JackTenrec
    Options
    Move over, Patch + Loki. Patch has a new bestie, and her name is Medusa. You don't need protection when you can just double down on ridiculously powerful strikes (especially if you've managed to generate a few attack tiles along the way).
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:

Milk Jugz said:

Cage/Carol/Wasp

Except that yellow is cage's (both 3* and 4* variants) strongest color........
    Good enough! His yellow packs a goooood punch when a few strike tiles are out + boosted + fortified.
    I often use his yellow rather than Wasps or Carols when I use this trio.
    Oh I agree completely. Current PVE I'm running Patch, Medusa, C4ge. His yellow is quite beastly
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Move over, Patch + Loki. Patch has a new bestie, and her name is Medusa. You don't need protection when you can just double down on ridiculously powerful strikes (especially if you've managed to generate a few attack tiles along the way).
    But.......you may not steal all of Patch's strike tiles with Hair Meddle, which means your opponent may get some. 
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options

isufhraeiun eirubv

Where is the delete comment button when you need it?

• JackTenrec
    Options
    bbigler said:
    But.......you may not steal all of Patch's strike tiles with Hair Meddle, which means your opponent may get some. 
    This is true, but in practice, you either a) get enough health boost from incidental matches of your tiles to buffer any damage or b) get enough generated AP to Hair Meddle again or c) you cascade enough that everyone on the other side dies.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My new favorite team has been....

IM40/Carol/Clint

I love this team

• steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mordo, Cloak and Dagger, and 3* Iron Fist have been fun in this PVE even though my C&D is 1/2/2 Lv90. Lots of black generation. Wouldn't be good in PVE, but it's a fun combo of characters I don't use much these days.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was recently spammed with Mordo covers and decided to champ him. I don't regret it. Boosted and paired with 3* IF and one of the Cage's, he is a monster! Self propelling cheap black, fed by IF he downs enemy team quickly.