Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 242 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've had some fairly lucky rng lately with latest legend 5*s, so tried out this combo on much of meet rocket & groot:

3* drstrange_icon.png (5/3/5 @ 210)
    5* Thanos_Icon.png (2/5/2 @ 255)
    5* icon_blackpanther.png (2/2/2 @ 255)

These matches went quick! Numerous times, Strange's yellow would down opponent #1, which triggers Thanos' black, which triggers BP's red, downing opponent 2, triggering Thanos black again to down #3 (or BP's red yet again).

Tomorrow I'm going to try BP with Big Pun, though Big Pun might take care of things on his own icon_razz.gif
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So much fun using the new 5* Hawkeye (3*, too, but he's not as fast):

Hawkeye - Starlord - Wasp
    Hawkeye - Starlord - Carol
    Hawkeye - Carol - Coulson
    Hawkeye - Medusa - Carol/Wasp/Coulson

Basically Hawkeye, plus anyone else who reliably makes countdown tiles. Boosted Starlord in PVE is just a monster. He's doing 23K damage with all of Hawkeye and Wasp's countdown tiles out to boost his red. I gotta try him with Green Goblin, too...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wasp/starlord/fist - fun, cheap abilities and with a little blue, very nice stun+damage, fed by every 3 purple ap.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The PVE Goon Squad

OML/3han-man/Dak3n

true heal, strikes and Court Death.

(Goldeneye)
    Bang, gone.

I am INVINCIBLE!
    (/Goldeneye)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasp+Star-Lord+OML. Wait for enemies to fire a power and set off Everyone With Me, reducing the cost of Wasp's tile-boosting power to 3 AP. Every time she uses it, Logan places another pair of strike tiles she can boost. and since she's constantly switching strikes to protects and vice versa, he can place twice as many tiles as normal before hitting the limit -- ensuring that at any given time there will be beefy strike and protect tiles in play. Match damage quickly hits 3000+, Sleight of Hand destroys teams, and thanks to the current bug on countdown tiles you can tear through enemies just with Wasp and SL's passives going off.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the Hawk-Guy essentials in Meet Rocket & Groot, I've been messing around with Star Lord (Lv 271 4/4/5), Hawk-Guy (1/2/2 and I forget what level he boosts to, but it's the max for the covers), and Squirrel Girl (Lv 192 3/5/5). SG adds rainbow coverage, feeds SL's red & generates AP with her green, protects the damage of the enemy tiles from Hawkguy's black with her yellow and has Hawkguy's black boost her purple damage. It's far from good enough for PVP, but it's been a hell of a lot of fun in PVE, so far...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had a lot of fun with X-Force Wolverine, Spider-Gwen, and Dr. Strange (3*) in Meet Rocket & Groot. Heck, I made it through 4 clears of "A Tree Groots..." without a single Muscle countdown tile completing (though that was partially due to lucky RNG choices for who to stun with Teenage Kicks).
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, Medusa + Wasp + Patch = unfair advantage

Wait it's very fair, no nerfs please. Wait to fire Patch's green until you have purple ready for Medusa. It's optimal to get a couple of Wasp yellow casts ready as well. Cross your fingers when you cast Hair Meddle to steal and buff the enemy strikes Patch created.
    Sometimes you can get Patch to fire green twice. Decide whether you want Wasp to flip/buff between green casts so that you can alternate protect tiles from the strikes. With the attack CD or attack tiles dipping in on the crazy strike damage, the match is usually over before you get to fire all powers.
    Fortunately, and depending on the team you're against, Medusa may gain green, blue, and purple passively as well.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With buffed Star Lord against BIG goons: add IM40 and Switch. IM40 Recharge is the priority to fuel SL's Punching, which is a 1 punch kill. Switch is there for Purple battery so that SL can cover any dangerous CD tiles, plus add to the punch damage. Switches green can also help you get more red for punching too. Sometimes, you can get enough red to punch while IM40 CD tiles are out.

End result: 6 Red = 20K+ damage
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    icon_starlord.png and anyone, really. He makes Story Mode so much easier now. Once I finish Agent Coulson, my speed team of Countdown death will be complete!
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngdrstrange_icon.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_starlord.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Coulson

Been having a blast with this team in R&G. I nicknamed it "Team Passive-Aggressive" =).
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone suffer from post-Strange-itis (copyright, me) when doing a fight which features goons where I cant use Strange (like the 1* DDQ match) and I wonder for a moment why the goon hasnt got zapped after dropping a countdown tile?
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm having a lot of fun in PVE with Star-Lord (3/5/5), 3-star Hawkeye (1/2/3), and Agent Coulson (0/1/3). Their synergy is amazing. I'm not using Coulson's active powers at all but his passives are incredible.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasp, Hawkguy and eg. 3*Blade. Wasp's yellow is impressive now!
  • JablesMc
    Options
    Alkyoneus wrote:
    :starlord: and anyone, really. He makes Story Mode so much easier now. Once I finish Agent Coulson, my speed team of Countdown death will be complete!
    I hear this in a Lord Vader voice...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've thought up a theoretically awesome team: ProfX (3/5/5), Wasp (5/3/5), Star Lord (3/5/5)

Collect yellow and purple; once you get AP cost reduction from SL, use Wasp's yellow for 3 AP to put down a strike and protect tile, which triggers ProfX to put down his own strike, protect and attack tile. Then use Wasp's yellow again to boost the 2 strikes and 2 protects, which also creates another set of strike, protect, attack tiles from ProfX. Then make ProfX go invisible and match his tiles for even more tile boosting! This method alone should destroy a team without giving you more than a scratch. For bigger hits, SL Red and Wasp Black can do the job, with Wasp's Blue doing a little AP stealing or hitting.

Unfortunately, I can't form this team just yet as my ProfX is 5/2/0 and Wasp is 2/1/1, but my Level 277 Star Lord is ready to go. So, if someone wants to try this out and let us know how it works, that would be awesome!
  • JablesMc
    Options
    bbigler wrote:
    I've thought up a theoretically awesome team: ProfX (3/5/5), Wasp (5/3/5), Star Lord (3/5/5)

Collect yellow and purple; once you get AP cost reduction from SL, use Wasp's yellow for 3 AP to put down a strike and protect tile, which triggers ProfX to put down his own strike, protect and attack tile. Then use Wasp's yellow again to boost the 2 strikes and 2 protects, which also creates another set of strike, protect, attack tiles from ProfX. Then make ProfX go invisible and match his tiles for even more tile boosting! This method alone should destroy a team without giving you more than a scratch. For bigger hits, SL Red and Wasp Black can do the job, with Wasp's Blue doing a little AP stealing or hitting.

Unfortunately, I can't form this team just yet as my ProfX is 5/2/0 and Wasp is 2/1/1, but my Level 277 Star Lord is ready to go. So, if someone wants to try this out and let us know how it works, that would be awesome!
    Justtried this out with a champed SL at 3/5/5, lvl 187 Prof at 5/5/1, and lvl132 Wasp at 2/4/3.

fun
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just tried Patch with Medusa. Her purple is great against the enemy strikes patch makes icon_e_wink.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    C4ge, Strang3, and FalCap can do some things.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* icon_blackwidow.png 5/3/5
    4* icon_lukecage.png 5/2/3
    icon_mrfantastic.png 2/5/3

Running this during the GSBW event and I'm probably gonna run some pvp with it when I get more covers.

It's about board movement and control and sniping with precision and power. All colors are covered. Widow hits hard with one of the strongest, most destructive AOEs in the game. But her big role is control with the purple to make a bunch of green matches for Reeds Imaginaut. His blue power adds fuel for Luke's powerful yellow power if it's loaded. If not, I try to get purple for Deceptive Tactics and black matches for imaginaut (and eventually, the sniper rifle). If I have deceptive tactics primed, a board with no fortified tiles, and Cage's buncha fiddle faddle close, I use DT to get rid of all the shields and nuke one character with BFF. It hits super hard with a clear board. Edit* lol. I'm so dumb. It hits hard if the enemy doesn't have a/sh/st tiles up. The board doesn't have to be clear. Lol! I'm so dumb.

I need another blue cover BADLY because I want to be able to stun. This is gonna be my anti-4*Jean team. But overall this will be a team I look forward to completely covering in the future.