Options

Comments

• catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanos_Icon.png 3 star.png champ
    icon_wolverine.png 5 star.png 3/1/2 lvl 300
    drstrange_icon.png 3 star.png champ

use match damage to down one and thanos team damage kicks in, enemy fires power dr strange fires back and heals. works good for DDQ
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.png 5/3/5 Lv 270
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blade.png 3/5/5 Lv 186
    icon_ironfist.png 3/5/5 Lv 177

The entire strategy is to demolish the opponent with Punisher's black. Create black with Iron Fists's purple, passively create strike tiles with Blade's red, create some more strike tiles with Punisher's blue, wipe everybody out with Punisher's black. Mix in Punisher's green if the AP comes, usually when there's only one opponent left. It's rare I have enough time to pull off Blade's purple, but it's gravy when I do, and quite nasty with all the strikes out.

Victory.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oddly complementary grouping found via GSBW essential node:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Carnage, Medusa, Punisher in Balance of Power is proving fairly entertaining.... once someone starts hitting powers the attack tiles flow... and then the team becomes fairly unkillable icon_e_smile.gif

Until you get to the point that Punisher finishes the match... The heal from Medusa takes away the pain from the Carnage Attack Tiles and his Red.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been enjoying Spider-Woman, IM40 & Scarlet Witch recently, as an all purpose, gets things done in PvE team. My boosted Spider-Woman does over 17k of damage, which is enough to down many of the enemies I come up against in one shot, and Iron Man helps her get the AP to use it. Scarlet Witch helps fuel Love and Fear, which lets me either get rid of countdown timers if it's a goon team, or to start throwing out a ton of trap tiles if there's tile movers. Having 12 trap tiles out, each of which does 12k damage, really can down an enemy team in no time.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    fanghoul wrote:
    I've been enjoying Spider-Woman, IM40 & Scarlet Witch recently, as an all purpose, gets things done in PvE team. My boosted Spider-Woman does over 17k of damage, which is enough to down many of the enemies I come up against in one shot, and Iron Man helps her get the AP to use it. Scarlet Witch helps fuel Love and Fear, which lets me either get rid of countdown timers if it's a goon team, or to start throwing out a ton of trap tiles if there's tile movers. Having 12 trap tiles out, each of which does 12k damage, really can down an enemy team in no time.

Ive been loving boosted Spiderwoman with IM40 and champed Iceman. Like you said Spiderwoman red almost always downs one person with red. Before firing her red I fire IMs green, fire off Spiderwomans red, two blues to down who isnt stunned and almost immediately 2 foes are downed. Very fun!
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Been having a ton of fun with 4* Luke Cage, War Machine, and Captain Falcon. Cage's yellow is boosted by WM's fortified Aerial Assault tile, and further boosted by all three being special tile machines. Cage's black puts down crazy protects to boost Falcon's Dive Bomb, and Falcon's blue is buffing everything in sight.
  • Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Balance of Power showed me a nuisance of a team-- Medusa/Carnage/and the new n improved Mr Fantastic.

I was completely stunlocked to the bitter end... from 90% to 0 without one move. Mr F stunned the entire team one by one. Medusa healed and gained ap like a madwoman off Carnage' attack tiles, feeding Mr F's blue to stun.

While it wasn't 'fun' to lose like that, I was impressed with the synergy of that team and showing Mr F is no longer a joke.
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I was surprised to enjoy xfw/WSoldier/FalCap worked quite nicely together. WS purple could speed up all 3 nukes, and matching cap blue helps knock off the timers while you feed WS's blue.
  • dfour24
    Options
    Ive been using in the big enchilada this combo, full rainbow and great synergy
    Max champ- war machine @ 3/5/5
    Max champ- cho @ 5/5/3
    Lvl 250- green goblin @ 4/1/1

Pump out those gobby stike tiles on black and wm red attack tiles add up quick with cho allowing constant wm green. Lots of fun.
  • Orchedelia
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to try to give some love to Gamora.

I went through the entire 6x6 pve nodes (4 days, 3 events) of Unstable ISO-8 (goon-heavy), and with only a couple substitutions, used only the following:

3 Gamora icon_gamora.png
    3 Strange drstrange_icon.png
    3 Thanos Thanos_Icon.png

I think I only recharged Gamora & Strange once each day. Maybe twice on a 6th node.

Gamora's the quick-hitter, of course, PLUS she's not passive or dependent. With Strange's passive and Thanos death, you need to be able to actually hit something. I tried Deadpool as one suggested, but half-lives weren't cutting it, when you really need to hit tiles.
    Plus, a danged whole lot of fun.

(note I don't even have Strange or Thanos covered...mainly just the kill shots)

Question: 3's only - who is a great CD killer with Strange and Thanos?...that can also hit...so I can add to my repertoire..?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orchedelia wrote:
    Question: 3's only - who is a great CD killer with Strange and Thanos?...that can also hit...so I can add to my repertoire..?
    There aren't a lot of characters in the 3* rarity than can deal with countdowns directly. Cap is the only one I can think of off the top of my head as he can overwrite any tile (including countdowns) with his red and blue. Otherwise you have to rely on board shakers, which can be a bit too random.

But if you're dealing with goons and nothing else, it's better to just kill them faster than they can get their countdowns off. 3strange is certainly an excellent goon killer, so my goal has always been to make him even more dangerous. How do you do that? Strike tiles. Enter Patch, who can fill the board with strike tiles and make strange's yellow and blue hit for massive amounts of damage. The enemy strike tiles Patch generates don't matter too much against goons because they don't make matches, and strange can help them disappear with his purple power.

The problem with Patch is that he's a little slow, so bring IM40. After one IM40 Recharge you've filled Patch up with Red and Green, for strike tiles, and strange's blue, for stun and damage.

Your order should look like this:
    IM40 - yellow
    Patch - green
    Patch - red
    Strange - blue

After that, let strange's blue & yellow, along with your matches, slaughter the goons. Everything should be dead long before any countdowns go off.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Orchedelia wrote:
    There aren't a lot of characters in the 3* rarity than can deal with countdowns directly. Cap is the only one I can think of off the top of my head as he can overwrite any tile (including countdowns) with his red and blue.

The most direct 3* anti-countdown characters are Cap, Hood, GSBW (both from her red and using green to create match 4s), and Falcon (when he's not broken). In some lucky situations Bullseye and Quicksilver also work.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Used this fun combo in the easier levels of ISO-8 today:

icon_blade.png ( star.pngstar.pngstar.png)
    drstrange_icon.png ( star.pngstar.pngstar.png)
    icon_peggycarter.png

I still have to level up Peggy and the Doc, but with him boosted it was really fun to have his passive fire off against goons (and aided by Blade's strikes).

The matches ended so quickly I didn't really get a chance to use Peggy's active powers. But still fun to use her since she is so badass. icon_cool.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a couple fun teams I've been using the past few months.

#1. OML, Goblin, Ghost Rider

Rider puts out attack tiles and Hellfire countdown tiles. Goblin fortifies the HF countdowns. OML adds massive strike tiles.

This adds thousands of extra damage before each turn, then make your match, then you get thousands of damage from attack tiles afterward. Goblins purple ability placed on black tiles also adds strike tiles, but I mainly place it on purple to steal enemy Ap and help generate more red for Rider. Goblin yellow will also make the Hellfire tiles countdown faster, sometimes adding even more damage before you make your match.

#2. Carol, Star Lord, 3* Cap

I start by getting enough black Ap to use Carols black ability, then gather at least 9 red Ap and 10 blue then as much yellow as I can.
    My Star Lord is 5/3/5 at level 190, my Carol is 3/5/5 at level 240 and my 3* Steve Rogers is 3/5/5 at level 236 which makes my strongest color for that team yellow or black, (Carol's black match damage is 85 and Steve's yellow match damage is 85, so I put Cap in the center and he takes the #1 slot making yellow the strongest color) so it collects yellow Ap using Carol's green passive. (If I level Carol any higher, the strongest color will be black. I'm thinking I might make a second Carol so I can have one at level 240 or lower and then champ the other.)

After I have enough, I will cast Carol's Black ability and wait. As soon as the Ai uses a power and I have SL's yellow countdown out, I'll cast Steve red, (which, with SL's cd out, only costs 9 red Ap but return 10), then recall it with Carol's yellow which only costs 3. This will buff the strike tiles that Carol's black cd has added and gain me 1 extra red Ap. His blue costs 10, with SL's cd out, and returns 10, but leaves a protect tile for Carol to buff. If I have 30 yellow Ap collected, I can cast Steve's red shield 12 times in a single turn, buffing my special tiles every time. (each cast gains me 1 red Ap so casting it 11 times gets me enough to throw it out a 12th time).

However, by placing my red cd tiles in the right place under yellow tiles, I can sometimes get them to drop and make a match which gets me at least 3 more yellow which gives me an extra throw allowing me to throw Cap's red shield 13 times in a single turn.

This team works best with wave nodes because with Cap's cd's, SL yellow and purple cd's and Carol's black cd, I can buff my strike tile well into the thousands.

#3. Carol, Star Lord and 3* Human Torch

Collect as much green as possible then put Carol's black cd out to add some strike tiles. After I have SL's yellow countdown out, I put out as many of Torch's green cd as I can. I can usually get 5 - 7 on the board. My Carol, with 5 covers in yellow, buffs 3 tiles by 404. With 5 cd tiles going of every turn, that buffs three tiles 2,020 points each turn. Star Lords purple and yellow countdown tiles add even more buff, making the strike tiles more deadly each turn.

Again, this team is best for wave nodes. One match, I had 6 of Torch's cd tiles out with only 3 strike tiles out so that it was the same 3 that got buffed every time. Add in Star Lords yellow countdowns and that match, which was a wave node with 2 of the waves being goons that kept setting off SL yellow, and my strike tile were worth 21k+. EACH.

#4. Carol, Ghost Rider, plus random 3rd.

This one, I use GR's Hellfire to buff the strike tiles from Carol's black and/or the attack tiles from GR. This one is fun for wave nodes but works super great on regular nodes as well.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am now in star.pngstar.pngstar.png land and one interesting team combination I found is : icon_gamora.pngicon_ironman.png and icon_scarletwitch.png.
    All colors are covered with them. You have access to 3 different colors AoE ( blueflag.png , greenflag.png and purpleflag.png ) with a decent damage output and two of them come with stun ability.
    And you also have two AP accelerators who cover at least 4 colors.
    I am really enjoying it at the moment.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    My new go-to team for the Big Enchilada (and, really, any wave or goon node) is IF, Dak3n and Strang3. Sometimes it takes a while to get rolling, but once the board is covered in strike tiles, Strang3 is an unholy murder machine.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just broke into the 4* tier. One of the more fun teams I've found is Switch, 3* Widow, and Prof X. Switch creates ton of purple and occasional crits that trigger prof Xs passive. The purple charges Widow to place more green which can be placed in such a way to create 1-3 crits for Prof X. Plus each time Prof X crits he's also building more purple. Team is usually dead before Green is fully charged.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Been using carnage antman and medusa. Once u get going hero and strike tiles can be pumping out 5-6k dmg per turn and medusa is healing your team with almost every match and generating ap usually for carnage green for the final takedown with a spammed board To destroy.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My new go-to team for the Big Enchilada (and, really, any wave or goon node) is IF, Dak3n and Strang3. Sometimes it takes a while to get rolling, but once the board is covered in strike tiles, Strang3 is an unholy murder machine.

I like using Blade with IF and 3-Strange, because automatic strikes plus IF can feed Blade black