Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,812 Chairperson of the Boards
    BRB/Kitty/P4nther. There are ridiculously strong protecs everywhere, and when you match them, you not only get bonus AP, but also an extra 8K damage, kind just because. Only real issue is the massive colour overlap.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,831 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use that team with Okoye in place of Kitty, that way the incidental protect matches tend to scale out of control.

I've been playing my (boosted) 3/3/4 Sinister (unleveled)/Chavez/Okoye in this current story, and it's really fun. Sinister keeps you flush with AP like i thought he would, and all the random crit-production into trap matching coupled with Wakanda Forever! chews through nodes really well.
    I use that team with Okoye in place of Kitty, that way the incidental protect matches tend to scale out of control.

I've been playing my (boosted) 3/3/4 Sinister (unleveled)/Chavez/Okoye in this current story, and it's really fun. Sinister keeps you flush with AP like i thought he would, and all the random crit-production into trap matching coupled with Wakanda Forever! chews through nodes really well.

Yeah, Okoye would be better offensively. I was using Kitty more because I needed the surviving protecs as strong as possible to last through some of those fights.
    I'll have to give that one a try. I like the concept of Sinister, but haven't had any real success with him so far.

@TPF Alexis said:
    (Quote)
    Yeah, Okoye would be better offensively. I was using Kitty more because I needed the surviving protecs as strong as possible to last through some of those fights.I'll have to give that one a try. I like the concept of Sinister, but haven't had any real success with him so far.

Tried both of those, but I've leveled up my Sinister. In both cases, I found Okoye just didn't tank enough colours to maintain a decent supply of TU.

• ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,831 Chairperson of the Boards

Is that because he's boosted? or just because he's a power creeper? I admit I've not actually leveled mine, so even boosted he isn't overtaking Okoye.

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Is that because he's boosted? or just because he's a power creeper? I admit I've not actually leveled mine, so even boosted he isn't overtaking Okoye.

I think mostly because they have so little colour overlap, but it's almost certainly the boost that leads to Sinister tanking black.

• spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor

During the last event, I found myself running Vulture, Chavez and Karnak, since Karnak was boosted. It was especially devastating in the SCL10 Challenge nodes with non tile movers. I started calling it the clean up crew. Karnak finds their weakness, exploits their flaws and shatters critical tiles. Chavez, as long as Vulture is feeding her all sorts of colors, is just punching people everywhere. And Vulture cleans up any tile spamming they left on the board. Against tile spammers, it was a net neutral health pack using team. Against tile movers it wouldn't be my go to, but against non tile movers it was a helluva life saver, even if the matches lasted a little longer.

• optimus2861optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards

Kitty, 4* Torch, and any third with cheap powers. Once you get a couple of strikes on the board (via Torch's passive, or your third), Wildfire burning, and Kitty buffing.. things just start melting.

• spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor

@optimus2861 said:
    Kitty, 4* Torch, and any third with cheap powers. Once you get a couple of strikes on the board (via Torch's passive, or your third), Wildfire burning, and Kitty buffing.. things just start melting.

It's really helpful if your third partner has cheap powers they can fire off, so Torch's Wildfire tiles get protected as well. A good partner is Icem4n, so you add some stunlock fun to the mix.

• qandolsqandols Posts: 906 Critical Contributor

Tried the above with C&D. Their purple usually only costs 3 AP. Fun times...

• OJSPOJSP Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited 19 April 2020, 17:51

Invisible Woman, 4* ProfX and Wolfsbane are fun together. I figured they would be good at 4* MMR, but if one of them is boosted, they work against 5* teams too.

They all turn invisible using different colour APs, a rainbow team with little overlapping colour, a lot of special tiles to boost and it's a nice puzzle to keep all 3 alive and the invisible tiles to stay on the board. They're still prone to AOEs, but it's possible to work around that.

It only worked because Thing was boosted, but in his PvP, he was great with Kitty and Bill. Boosted, he has enough health that I could get him to jump in front and spam protecs pretty regularly, and his red adds a Stun that that pair can really use sometimes.

• GlockomaGlockoma Posts: 208 Tile Toppler

@TPF Alexis no kidding, Thing, BRB, Bishop was particularly brutal with 2x the jump-in-front mechanisms working together and protects everwhere!

With iHulk, been having fun with okoye, obviously, but also pretty fun to pair him with Vulture and Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler avoids his return aoe by going airborne and vulture can hang in the air too.

Any other good 3rd partner to match perfectly with Hulkoye?

@OJSP said:

@Glockoma said:
    With iHulk, been having fun with okoye, obviously, but also pretty fun to pair him with Vulture and Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler avoids his return aoe by going airborne and vulture can hang in the air too.

Any other good 3rd partner to match perfectly with Hulkoye?

What about KK, would she be strong enough to withstand the self damage? She converts tiles to green. GSBW is a more expensive option.

Not sure if any character in the 3-4* range can ultimately withstand revived iHulk’s aoe after second time. I like where the discussion is going. More feedback please :)

I currently have him base level (boosted to 347) at 2/3/3. Trying to ascertain some thoughts from the community once he is champed.

This is getting off topic however, I understand. Other fun options are welcome though

• GreenroomGreenroom Posts: 65 Match Maker

iHulk and Okoye for sure. I asked in the iHulk pull thread also but any merit to softcapping his black at 0? His green alone plus Okoye is so good im considering selling any black covers and keeping him as an offensive powerhouse that wont chew through my roster

• ammenellammenell Posts: 716 Critical Contributor

interesting, hulk wouldn't revive and damage his team, but would be tied to okoye forever to dish out damage.
    2099 would be an awesome 3rd in that case.
    personally I wouldn't pass on his black. i have him at 5/2/5 and that black eventually leads to almost 400% match damage

• 111MCH111111MCH111 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    5* Kitty lvl 450, 4* Juggernaut lvl 280 and 4* Rocket&Groot lvl288. 
    Of course this is a well known team.

🙏 thanks to this forum I have been given the best supports combination for my team:

4* Rocket&Groot - 3* Carol’s Communicator: 45% 2 Protect tiles and 43% True Healing

5* Kitty - 3* Avengers Tower: 43% special tile fortification and 100% Match-4 Protect tile

4* Juggernaut - 2* Cull Obsidian: Green 60 extra damage, needed to avoid tanking by Kitty. This combo results in Blue and Green have collateral And 90% damage reduction.

Yeah Carol’s communicator is quite an effective support. Essentially turns any character you have into a true healer (assuming your team makes special tiles).