Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably R3G or Spider-Ham.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I use R3G with 5* Thanos on LRs. He gives pretty good sustain to push through the seeds quickly. Clearly it paints a big target on my back but I’m just there to grind a bit of iso really. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Glockoma said:
    OJSP said:
    Glockoma said:
    Awesome; hopefully it was iHulk, vulture, and the mystery third as I have been trying out combos of Apocalypse as well.
    I see. That team works and should still be visible as your defensive team after using 3 5*s. I found your Apocalypse team before, but it could be because they were the last team you used at the time. I retalled with Peggy, Carol, Bishop. Bigger iHulks will be painful.
    Yeah I found you on simulator. Feel free to reach out to me on LINE if you’d like to discuss further!
    Or... OR, we can discuss it here, given that it’s an interesting/fun teams thread, and I’m interested in fun teams involving IHulk (since I ideally plan to champ him before he leaves Latests). 
    I agree. Enough mystery; I don’t want to place it on that high of a pedestal. But it is definitely worth it and led to a great discussion among everyone here! So thank you to all that put on their thinking caps and posted.

5* iHulk
    4* Vulture
    4* Rogue

Vulture is quite literally the cog that makes this system work on defense. Rogue supplies Vulture plenty of time on a fair board to acquire enough black to go airborne and shifting the focus away from him whenever a very common R, G, Y match is made.

Too many times was I getting pounced on with other ‘fliers’ and true healers. I needed someone with the popular ‘jump-in-front’ mechanic that is so dangerous on defense that also can’t be easily taken out by AP-boosting and nuking on a hopeful first turn. Rogue is the best I have found so far. And while I floated around 1600 points in Shield Sim, I resulted in a net positive defensive wins. Seriously, I woke up most days to an entire list of blue. It was incredible. 

Vulture can withstand ~2 iHulk revives depending on his level. And with a high level iHulk...danger. I hope you all enjoy! 
  • HoundofShadow
    How does this team go winfinite?

I appreciate the beauty of Rogue's abilities. She was my first champed 4* because she packs both offensive and defensive powers.

I thought iHulk was tanking black for your Vulture. Are those defensive wins from players using single champed 5* and  two 4*?

I guess the opposing team was eating Rogue's Power Siphon and iHulk match damage was tripled that cause them to retreat quickly. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @Glockoma

I was CERTAIN you were using C&D. Sounded like an amazing team since it seemed easy to build black/specials, flip & heal.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I've been trying hard to get Karolina to work, and I think her with Nico and OML is pretty decent. Karolina buff's OML's heals so he's more tanky, and they make a rainbow team. Karolina's yellow makes a ton of protects and a few strikes and Nico can start buffing. Blue can be a wild-card color with either a stun or more strikes and Nico has some sustain too. Not a world-beating team for sure, but kind of fun! 
  • Glockoma
    How does this team go winfinite?

I appreciate the beauty of Rogue's abilities. She was my first champed 4* because she packs both offensive and defensive powers.

I thought iHulk was tanking black for your Vulture. Are those defensive wins from players using single champed 5* and  two 4*?

I guess the opposing team was eating Rogue's Power Siphon and iHulk match damage was tripled that cause them to retreat quickly. 
    The team goes ‘winfinite’ because you only have to make a black matches to keep Vulture airborne the entire match. Not Charlie’s angels winfinite. But when one of your character never dies, and the other on never comes down, (albeit while always dealing damage) it literally can go on as long as you want/need it to.

The beauty of Vulture/iHulk combo obviously comes down to their synchronization. iHulk does tank black for Vulture, but on defense, that obviously doesn’t matter because most people are not targeting iHulk. Vulture generates 4 green, 3 blue, 2 black, and 1 red. if you supply with even modest amounts of black, he will go airborne and stay there. Over the course of a few takeoffs, he will build up his blue and fire it automatically up launch, (destroying up to 4 enemy tiles [repeaters, cds, anything brb/kitty or the meta can throw at you] and dealing 10k [mine at least]). He also generates enough red for iHulk to nuke the enemy. My hulk is currently dishing out 38k. The match damage is off the charts after a few revives.

Rogue isn’t there for her siphon (Although appreciated) and I only happened upon this team because I needed to protect Vulture on defense as he was the most likely candidate to be targeted first. The team works because you have a jump-in-front mechanic that triggers on 3/7 colors on the board at 50% of the damage taken (powers and matching). A small unintended cascade is all you need to block Vulture and thus increase the likelihood of reaching 6 black ap. Rogue takes full damage on Hulk revives and although tanky, will succumb to that fate after the 4th revive (my Rogue at least lvl 350). 

I didn’t figure the viability out by playing against a team of iHulk, rogue, vulture; I figured it out because of all the defensive wins I was receiving and putting 2 and 2 together. This was markedly more than I have ever received floating at 1.6-1.7k in sim at the beginning to mid cycle. I have been playing for 6 years; I noticed a difference.

I can’t tell you if the teams were 5* teams of this, that, or the other because they weren’t reds, they were blue wins and I only went in to inspect a couple rosters; I really generated a lot of defensive wins and couldn’t possibly go into all rosters. But I have ~20 champed 5*’s myself and am assuming my hits were coming in within mmr values. 

I hope this clarifies.
  • Glockoma
    krakenoon said:
    @Glockoma

I was CERTAIN you were using C&D. Sounded like an amazing team since it seemed easy to build black/specials, flip & heal.
    And this team is really good! But I use it for pve challenge nodes; in pvp, you will have a large target on your back as they are not sustainable for defensive wins against a full-fledged 5* team or the like. I’m definitely in 5* land and can only utilize 4*’s conditionally like anyone else with a robust 5* roster.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed Th4nos finally yesterday, and so I thought it would be fun to take him into Simulator with Carbage and BRB. I put Carbage in the center, TH4nos on the player's left, and BRB on the right. You stay flooded with green, and Carbage will trigger Th4nos's enemy special removal to green passive on the same turn when arranged in this character order. His fingersnap will clear out an unfriendly board and flood it back with friendly attacks from Carbage's special, and fill your AP coffers from BRB's passive, and you can do some pretty serious damage. Lot of color overlap, but the power synergy is super fun. I'm running Th4nos at 3/5/5, Carbage also at 3/5/5, brb at 5/3/5.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Captain Marvel 5/5/3
    Vulture 5/3/5
    Super Skrull 5/4/4

Super Skrull’s Blue is a pretty good power and has a lot of versatility. With CM, you want to use his Human Torch variant. It makes 5 attack tiles each turn. You can easily put 2 of these on the field once you get Vilture in the air. The field just get saturated with attack tiles. And then you activate Carol’s Photonic Rush and just laugh as the whole board gets wiped for big damage. 

This team meshes really well together and covers the rainbow too. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    PVP just burn my Healpth pack today quickly. So when PVE started i had 0 and many of top tier characters where low or downed. I used alot of my 4* who are 188-229 lv and I was amazed how good combo of C4p Marvel (276 lv)with W4sp (192 lv, 5/3/1)  and Luke C4ge (209 lv 4/3/3) is against mobs. Unkillable.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Peter Parker, 4* Miles Morales, 4* Spider-Man 2099.

Once Miguel starts spamming the webs (bolstered by Miles's yellow), Peter starts stunlocking the enemy team like, every other turn, then goes to town with criticals. My Peter's only 3/2/2, L285, and this team easily cleared the 5E node in R&G at SCL 10 all four times taking very little damage. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    5* Peter Parker, 4* Miles Morales, 4* Spider-Man 2099.

Once Miguel starts spamming the webs (bolstered by Miles's yellow), Peter starts stunlocking the enemy team like, every other turn, then goes to town with criticals. My Peter's only 3/2/2, L285, and this team easily cleared the 5E node in R&G at SCL 10 all four times taking very little damage. 

Are you targeting colors in any particular order? I got wiped out first try. My Peter is 2/3/2, but the Subject's CD went off before I could get a single enemy team stun and then Mystique hit her purple on what was left of Peter. From there it was game over.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2020
    His Spiderman stuns the enemy team for 2 turns, while yours stun for only 1 turn.  

My guess is he's chasing either webbed blue tiles or webbed tiles (2099's colours) if there isn't any blue tiles. Maybe Ap boost might help? If you have web based support, it might help too.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    For DDQ I like to play around with some of my baby 4* champs since otherwise they just get no use. 

Northstar - Human Torch - Wolfsbane

Torch & Wolfie make a pretty potent pairing; they're squishy but that doesn't matter in the DDQ wave node. Northstar is just there to fill the rainbow and his powers are also pretty cheap. Any active power nets you a strike from Torch. Wolfie can create a bunch of them with her cheap red. Torch green. Everything burns. Wolfie purple. 5 countdowns of pain. Wolfie black. Multi-hit amplified by the strikes. Northstar blue for a targeted row destruction and a strike from Torch. Also of course if you already have Wildfire on the board, any other power fortifies the repeater(s).

There are days I just want to foresake the 5* tier and go back to pure 4* play. So many more options. Characters completely forgotten & overlooked. New synergies to seek & try. Etc. 
  • ycavan
    ycavan Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I don't have fully champed characters, but I've been having a lot of fun with: Kitty ( 1/4/2 ), 5* Carnage ( 1/0/1 ) and Kraven ( 5/5/3 ).  Most of this depends on Kraven's Wounded Pride dealing damage and reducing enemy strike/attack/protects after Carnage supplies 4 enemy attack tiles.. most of the time by the 2nd turn.  Couple Carnage's ability to transform special tiles into attack tiles as well as Carnage creating a strike tile every turn he makes an auto match quickly builds up the team's special tiles count.  Kitty's yellow then improves special tiles every turn when there's more than 4 of them.

With 6 red to lay down Kitty's Practiced Offense, enemy's like 4* Juggernads = 9 attack tiles every time he makes a match.  At times, I've seen 10k+ damage just from attack tiles.

The only issue I've seen with this team build is that both sides take lots of damage, so I burn through heal packs like crazy lol.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    I was struggling through SCL 10 Venom Bomb days 3 and 4, trying to use my Grittynaut team but eating so much damage and never able to keep up with Carnage's tiles. Never mind the nodes where Venom's green was being fed by 2 batteries and all my Strike tiles were destroyed in like 3 turns. Then I went to an old classic:

5* Okoye 5/5/3, lvl 345 + lvl 200 4* Royal Talon Fighter support
    5* Thor (1/2 health) 5/4/1, lvl 315 + lvl 150 3* Yaro Root support
    4* Valkyrie 3/5/5, lvl 307 + lvl 150 3* Sanctum Sanctorum support

Yaro Root and Sanctum Sanctorum each give me 53.90% chance to gain 5 AP at the start of battle (Green and Yellow, respectively). The best part is neither boosts match damage, so Okoye still tanks everything but Green (which Thor helps keeps off the board with his automatic destruction).

Wow did life get easy. With this setup, Yellow is my strongest color. As long as you target the Bounty (and thanks to a recent update, the Bounty tile gets put out even before turn 1 now), I'm getting 4 Yellow AP at least every turn, plus any Yellow that Thor's God of Thunder generates, plus any Yellow you match (which you should to keep away from Venom). TU AP? Not a problem when I'm generating Yellow so fast I'm basically healing Okoye every turn and getting plenty of TU cascades.

Plus with the added benefit of Valk's enemy AP destruction, Venom never got his green off and the minions never fired a green CD tile. Even IF they did get something out, I could usually either 1) match it away, 2) destroy it with a TU match-4 or match-5, 3) nuke the offending minion before it expired, or 4) eat the damage and heal it away the next turn.

Valk's Red boosted by Okoye is such a better nuke than Thor's Red. So Yellow got used by Okoye, Green by Thor, and Red by Valk. Everyone got in on the action!

Got 4 clears on each of the 3 hard pick-3 nodes with 0 healthpacks used. Glorious!

NOTE: this did not work on the challenge node. BiB Spidey's strongest is Blue, the batteries give him Green, and his Green one-shots my baby Okoye even in the first clear. Thankfully I'll be able to hit max progression with my final clears tomorrow even without a single clear of the 4e, 5e, or challenge node on day 4.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    nightcrawler and karnak is the most fun pairing i played since discovering okoye and sp2099.

i use both to boost the loaner onslaughts match dmg - hoard until turn 4 and go winfinite from there.
    It works surprisingly often, and feels a bit like a puzzle (duh!) 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wanted to try going for wins-based in the Onslaught PvP, and I've been having wonderful results using 1* Hawkeye along with the loaner. Being able to drop crits like that wherever you want makes it really easy to make even match-5s, and everyone knows how handy the board control aspect of Okoye's red is. Just gotta watch out for AoE and random targeting powers, since he only has like 700 health.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Been trying two new 5* characters on teams .
    1. Hulkoye +DPXF.  
    2. Okoye / Yelena/ Peggy.  Works best on no passive attacks enemies as no enemy can fire off an active attack and Yelena keeps giving them a beating as Enemy AP increases .