Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/2Thor, BRB, JJ. Been using it on the 5E and Challenge Node in Webbed Wonder, while JJ's boosted. Once it gets rolling, you'll easily have enough blue to keep Bill's countdown out while still getting a glimpse at JJ's traps. The only yellow outlet is Thor, so on these hard missions, he usually ends up actually getting to use Raging Fire, and there are typically a lot of protecs to flip to Strikes. I've been ending up with 10-15K in Strikes by the end of matches, even without Kitty, and with both Thor and JJ under-leveled and sub-optimally covered. Generally using Bill's green and JJ's red.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    By no means a new team, but with Coulson boosted and a champed Spider-man 2099 and (undercovered @9 covers) Hawkeye this is a real count down festival. The board is full of webb tiles and CD:s and you can fire Clint's red and blue (or spideys blue) the whole time.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    A little while back, someone turned me on to Thorkoye/2099 as a PvE combo. It's pretty much replaced Grockernaut for me, except for easy nodes. I find I'm particularly liking it in the final sub of Meet R&G, because 2099 drops many of his Web tiles on purple, which helps quite a lot in keeping Doom's traps under control.
    @TPF Alexis
    What is your build for Sp2099 on this team?
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    qandols said:
    By no means a new team, but with Coulson boosted and a champed Spider-man 2099 and (undercovered @9 covers) Hawkeye this is a real count down festival. The board is full of webb tiles and CD:s and you can fire Clint's red and blue (or spideys blue) the whole time.
    I'm using Coulson, SM2099, and St4rLord in the Simulator since they're all boosted. Works pretty well, except when Coulson speeds up Miguel's Blue
  • Phill_C
    Phill_C Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2020
    Not at top tier compared to some of you OG’s but actually had a lot of fun in the bagman event with “thing and mr fantastic “ both only at 7covers max but still really strong especially as this was a troll team to let others gain rewards in PVP however they just work really well! Yes I am aware that in reality they should have great chemistry but at that level I didn’t expect much :)
  • TPF Alexis
    A little while back, someone turned me on to Thorkoye/2099 as a PvE combo. It's pretty much replaced Grockernaut for me, except for easy nodes. I find I'm particularly liking it in the final sub of Meet R&G, because 2099 drops many of his Web tiles on purple, which helps quite a lot in keeping Doom's traps under control.
    @TPF Alexis
    What is your build for Sp2099 on this team?

5/5/3. With Okoye boosting, the extra countdown on black is worth more than the extra turn of stun in most cases.
  • TPF Alexis
    BRB/Kitty/P4nther. There are ridiculously strong protecs everywhere, and when you match them, you not only get bonus AP, but also an extra 8K damage, kind just because. Only real issue is the massive colour overlap.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use that team with Okoye in place of Kitty, that way the incidental protect matches tend to scale out of control.

I've been playing my (boosted) 3/3/4 Sinister (unleveled)/Chavez/Okoye in this current story, and it's really fun. Sinister keeps you flush with AP like i thought he would, and all the random crit-production into trap matching coupled with Wakanda Forever! chews through nodes really well.
  • TPF Alexis
    I use that team with Okoye in place of Kitty, that way the incidental protect matches tend to scale out of control.

I've been playing my (boosted) 3/3/4 Sinister (unleveled)/Chavez/Okoye in this current story, and it's really fun. Sinister keeps you flush with AP like i thought he would, and all the random crit-production into trap matching coupled with Wakanda Forever! chews through nodes really well.

Yeah, Okoye would be better offensively. I was using Kitty more because I needed the surviving protecs as strong as possible to last through some of those fights.
    I'll have to give that one a try. I like the concept of Sinister, but haven't had any real success with him so far.
  • TPF Alexis

@TPF Alexis said:
    (Quote)
    Yeah, Okoye would be better offensively. I was using Kitty more because I needed the surviving protecs as strong as possible to last through some of those fights.I'll have to give that one a try. I like the concept of Sinister, but haven't had any real success with him so far.

Tried both of those, but I've leveled up my Sinister. In both cases, I found Okoye just didn't tank enough colours to maintain a decent supply of TU.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards

Is that because he's boosted? or just because he's a power creeper? I admit I've not actually leveled mine, so even boosted he isn't overtaking Okoye.

• TPF Alexis

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Is that because he's boosted? or just because he's a power creeper? I admit I've not actually leveled mine, so even boosted he isn't overtaking Okoye.

I think mostly because they have so little colour overlap, but it's almost certainly the boost that leads to Sinister tanking black.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor

During the last event, I found myself running Vulture, Chavez and Karnak, since Karnak was boosted. It was especially devastating in the SCL10 Challenge nodes with non tile movers. I started calling it the clean up crew. Karnak finds their weakness, exploits their flaws and shatters critical tiles. Chavez, as long as Vulture is feeding her all sorts of colors, is just punching people everywhere. And Vulture cleans up any tile spamming they left on the board. Against tile spammers, it was a net neutral health pack using team. Against tile movers it wouldn't be my go to, but against non tile movers it was a helluva life saver, even if the matches lasted a little longer.

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards

Kitty, 4* Torch, and any third with cheap powers. Once you get a couple of strikes on the board (via Torch's passive, or your third), Wildfire burning, and Kitty buffing.. things just start melting.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor

@optimus2861 said:
    Kitty, 4* Torch, and any third with cheap powers. Once you get a couple of strikes on the board (via Torch's passive, or your third), Wildfire burning, and Kitty buffing.. things just start melting.

It's really helpful if your third partner has cheap powers they can fire off, so Torch's Wildfire tiles get protected as well. A good partner is Icem4n, so you add some stunlock fun to the mix.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards

Tried the above with C&D. Their purple usually only costs 3 AP. Fun times...

• TPF Alexis

It only worked because Thing was boosted, but in his PvP, he was great with Kitty and Bill. Boosted, he has enough health that I could get him to jump in front and spam protecs pretty regularly, and his red adds a Stun that that pair can really use sometimes.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 546 Critical Contributor

@TPF Alexis no kidding, Thing, BRB, Bishop was particularly brutal with 2x the jump-in-front mechanisms working together and protects everwhere!

• Glockoma

With iHulk, been having fun with okoye, obviously, but also pretty fun to pair him with Vulture and Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler avoids his return aoe by going airborne and vulture can hang in the air too.

Any other good 3rd partner to match perfectly with Hulkoye?

• Glockoma

@OJSP said:

@Glockoma said:
    With iHulk, been having fun with okoye, obviously, but also pretty fun to pair him with Vulture and Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler avoids his return aoe by going airborne and vulture can hang in the air too.

Any other good 3rd partner to match perfectly with Hulkoye?

What about KK, would she be strong enough to withstand the self damage? She converts tiles to green. GSBW is a more expensive option.

Not sure if any character in the 3-4* range can ultimately withstand revived iHulk’s aoe after second time. I like where the discussion is going. More feedback please :)