Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hela is boosted for Infinite pursuit. I've been lucky to get four red Yelena covers. Pair those two with Kitty and the Mindless Ones melt like butter in summer heat. Fenris pops up every turn and kills a MO. Yelena produces a strike ever so often and Kitty just do her thing. Bonus if you get enough red and black for Helas powers.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only have a couple of covers for Yelena, but I have Hela almost champed, and running her with Grockitty against the Mindless Ones (and actually the Symbiotes, too) is just awesome. "No, please don't make me fight against a team that's auto-generating 6 green AP per Turn and can only use 2 of it!" :smiley:
    Fenris is a Good Boi
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m just happy we have a wave node the 1x a year Hela is boosted. Fun stuff. 
  • TPF Alexis
    I’m just happy we have a wave node the 1x a year Hela is boosted. Fun stuff. 

That wave node is hilarious with her in there. Good Boi gonna make himself sick, eating so much!
  • Daredevil217
    I’ve been hard on Sinister, but pairing him with Yelena and Chavez was a blast in the latter’s PVP. Traps galore!

Also, I think Thorpocalypse is my favorite team to come out of this set of latest legends. Not as scary defensively as Okoye/Hulk, BRB/Kitty, or Billpocalypse, but they are blazing fast on offense. Comparable to Thorkoye in terms of offensive speed, but better on defense thanks to Apocalypse’s cheap hard hitting powers. 
  • Mitchslap
    Mitchslap Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    My current favorite is:
    Beta Ray Bill
    Apocalypse
    4* Black Panther

Panther is actually just there for his passive but once the field is covered with defense icons, it's triggering all the time and gives a nice additional dmg output to brbs ap gain.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Might be worth trying with Magik instead of panther. She’ll generate more protects and will fortify the ones that are already out. Damage output may be a bit lower but you should be spamming everything with shields and then firing bill’s blue and green all day. 
  • qandols
    Mitchslap said:
    My current favorite is:
    Beta Ray Bill
    Apocalypse
    4* Black Panther

Panther is actually just there for his passive but once the field is covered with defense icons, it's triggering all the time and gives a nice additional dmg output to brbs ap gain.
    Good one. I use Kitty instead of Apo, since she is champed and Apo only two covers.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I really enjoy taking domino and sabretooth against kaecillius, usually with black suit spidey as a third. Domino makes more black which sabretooth turns into enemy strikes. Sabretooth’s green provides more board shake when matching a strike which drops more black. It’s not predictable but when it works it’s a lot of fun. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    In the shield training, I thought I’d give Shuri a try alongside legion and whoever the other locked in character is depending on level.

its exactly as fun as it sounds. You have to lose legion’s nuke every now and then to boost the fortified tiles count, but a complete rainbow of 3ap powers is great fun to play with

Edit: Add in Magik or Human Torch as a third, and this would be insane
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    I recently used...

Okoye/Yelena/Iceman to be the first 3 waves of an SCL 10 challenge node. It was a surprisingly effective combo. 

Okoye does her Okoye stuff obviously.
    The node featured Vulture so enemy team was constantly bumping over Yelena threshold of 9 ap. For passive damage fun and dropping traps with purple.
    Iceman did the stunning and spamming green.

It got out of hand pretty quickly and enemy team was melting. I suspect without a high cost AP power on the enemy side or AP gen it would be less effective though. Once I hit clear 4 I had to Okoye/IHulk/GEDoom the rest.
  • Daredevil217
    Legion PVP specifically...

Sinister/Yelena (again)- Let the opponent’s loaner spam powers that don’t do much at low covers. Meanwhile Sinister floods the board with traps for the fired powers. 

Doom/Yelena- Match damage rainbow. Fun suppression team with Yelena’s AP manipulation and Doom’s siphon. Doc deals big damage with black while Yelena adds small damage with all the stuff she does. 
    IHulk/Thanos- I received a lot of blues with this one. Basically the loaner cannot hide from an inevitable Court Death courtesy of the Green Door. Once the loaner goes down and everyone is stunned, I chase red with Thanos for Hulk’s big punch upon waking up.  It’s actually really fast and one I’d recommend playing every new PVP event where people play a low level loaner. 
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    AXP_isme said:
    I really enjoy taking domino and sabretooth against kaecillius, usually with black suit spidey as a third. Domino makes more black which sabretooth turns into enemy strikes. Sabretooth’s green provides more board shake when matching a strike which drops more black. It’s not predictable but when it works it’s a lot of fun. 
    I use domino and sabretooth to go tinykitty hunting in pvp (as she's normally with grocket). It's somewhat fulfilling when you hit a mega cascade that gives you 20 black. Although if you can't match a strike within the firs two rounds it's pretty much game over. 

• qandols
    Not any news at all, but I am currently building Hawkeye Clint Barton and have him at 3/4/3, enough to be useful. Combined with De4dpool and C4rol you have a complete count down chaos. Deadpool uses the Chimichanga support, C4rol has the Quinjet and Clint uses the Vintage shield. All time fun. Can't wait to get Clint champed!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Domino, Maria Hill and Red Hulk/Agent Coulson/Nightcrawler. I tested all three combinations before and it works well.

Domino is there to make black tiles drop down more often.

Maria Hill will make use of those black ap to put out her heavy strike tiles. With Domino around, it's really easy to hit 12-24 black ap. After using her black, use her blue for AoE and invisibility.

Red Hulk is there to fuel Domino's green power. If R4G is in the enemy's team, his cd will destroy six tiles passively, which means chance of more black tiles dropping down increases.

Using Agent Coulson is tricky because it can cause Maria Hill's self-destructive cd to countdown faster. My Maria Hill was downed due to Coulson making friendly cd countdown even faster. This usually happens when the board is lacking blue tiles. On the flip side, due to Maria Hill spamming her black power, Agent Coulson's cds were dealing between 3k to 6k damage each. 

NightCrawler is there to use his purple power to create more black tiles.

I find the animations of Domino firing her green power followed by Maria Hill's black funny. Domino fires her gun using aerobatic movements, followed by Maria Hill charging to the front line, firing her guns like a mad woman. This sequence of actions never get old for me.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because the Thanos boss fight is a good place to fool around with goofy teams, I tried out the all-white, cloaked team of:
    God Emperor Doom (mine is 1/1/1, Lv 300 with the Victorious support)
    Ghost (mine is 3/5/5, Lv 280 with the Quantum Realm support)
    Moon Knight (mine is 5/3/5, Lv 277)

It's too slow of a team for competitive play, but it's rainbow with effective nukes on three colors, true heals on two characters, invisibility for the third and only one overlapping active ability.  And what can I say?  They look stylish while doing it :)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    ZootSax said:
    true heals on two characters
    Actually all 3 can true heal. They sound fun. I will try them in SHIELD Sim later.
    Apparently I go through such lengths not to match her invisibility tiles that I didn't realize Ghost had a true-heal, as well.
  • iliekmen
    iliekmen Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Choosing characters randomly a while back, I stumbled on a fun team.

Mysterio 4  (he was boosted at the time)
    Iron Man 3 
    Ragnarok 3 

Get enough yellow for a 'Recharge'. With all that red AP, spam Ragnarok's 'Thunderclap' to fill board with blue tiles and get as much blue AP as possible. Mysterio's blue passive 'For My Next Trick', then stuns/damages and converts blue to yellow AP. Cast Recharge again...repeat.
  • TPF Alexis
    iliekmen said:
    Choosing characters randomly a while back, I stumbled on a fun team.

Mysterio 4  (he was boosted at the time)
    Iron Man 3 
    Ragnarok 3 

Get enough yellow for a 'Recharge'. With all that red AP, spam Ragnarok's 'Thunderclap' to fill board with blue tiles and get as much blue AP as possible. Mysterio's blue passive 'For My Next Trick', then stuns/damages and converts blue to yellow AP. Cast Recharge again...repeat.

It's been mentioned earlier in this thread, but there are probably some people who haven't seen it so: Riri is fun in place of Mysterio there as well. IM40 is just there to kickstart the whole thing in this case, and the engine is using Raggy's red to make blue, and then Riri's blue to make red. Ragfinity. I can't remember off the top of my head who came up with it, but I like using it when I get the opportunity.
  • Kixty
    Kixty Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2020
    I saw this one on my retaliation list, so I  gave it a try. 

5 Carnage 
    IHulk 
    4 Thanos

Carnage and Thanos work to keep green on the board for IHulk to keep his aoe firing. It isn't as good as Okoye and IHulk, but it is another team.