Anyone played much of 5IH and 5Sinister ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

I know both characters are still new, but has anyone has been able to play much of the new 5Hulk and 5Sinister together ?

I'm not big on Sinister, but his black seems like its made for negating 5IH damage to your own team. I wanted 5IH but was going wait until Sinister and Havoc left LL. But looking at Sinisters black, I was wondering if I'd be passing on someone who might a great partner for 5IH.

Wasn't sure if I'd kick myself down the road for not going after 5IH when Sinister was still in LL, if may be a great combo with IH. I don't have 5Iceman with many covers, so for me Sinister would be my best choice to cover a 5 who offers a really nice damage reduction ability. Passive and only taking 2 black AP at 5 covers seems handy for the amount of damage it would shield you from once IH got going.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards

his black, like Iceman's yellow, won't help you against self-harm. Very few characters can negate self- harm, maybe just 3* Vision and 4* Spider-Woman, possibly 3* Colossus, when you have the appropriate countdowns in play.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

Sinister and Icemen specifically mentioned damage from enemy,so it won't work. Spider-Woman won't work too.

Vision and Colossus will work but that would put a big target on your back.

5* Black Panther and IM Mark XLVI might work.

5* Captain Marvel works by going Airborne for two turns. iHulk will feed her green occasionally.

Vulture too. Riri could do so conditionally.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:

5* Black Panther and IM Mark XLVI might work.

I would be surprised if Bp passive works.... if he does, he may be an interesting partner with IH.

• HoundofShadow
    edited April 2020

That's just a theory since they don't specifically mention damage from enemy is needed to trigger it. I don't have high enough self-team damage that is not 5* Thanos to trigger his passive.

If Phoenix's self-team damage is high enough to trigger 5* Panther, iHulk should be able to do it as well. The same goes to IM Mark XLVI. If not, Captain Marvel could be good too if you are all about health pack preservation.

• HoundofShadow

Thanks for the catch. My phrasing is terrible. :D

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

IHulk is a better fit with Thor Okoye if you can hide Hulk. His green door has been awesome for me in the wave nodes in strange sights CL10.

Sinister is better at lower levels and again is more of a 3rd. I have not found a good team to use him with and in this event with him buffed his black does not trigger very often. He might be better when not buffed so his black will actually trigger.

I will say in the 5* node on door one his purple triggers a lot and his blue does a lot of damage but overall it is hard to know which trap tiles do what.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I like Sinister with Okoye/Chavez, because she creates trap spam and random critical conversions that can help you cascade into lucky hits without having to track Behold! tiles, but it's not that fast. Similarly Black Cat will passively add traps on black, so you can get a few more damage opportunities out of it. Mine is covered but un-leveled though, so I can't really say how effective he might be comparatively when champed.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 546 Critical Contributor

Nightcrawler and Vulture are two teammates that work pretty well with hulk. Leave Vulture airborne and nightcrawler will avoid the selfharm by going airborne as well.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2020
    He won’t; he only avoids incoming AOE, not self harm
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Night crawler was great in the release pvp because every opposing team had a hulk. I imagine every opposing team will have a hulk before too long, but he doesn’t dodge any friendly fire.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Ah yes, that’s what it was. It was iHulk’s pvp I tried those two out together. There was so much AOE and side effects of said AOE that it was hard to follow.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinister is mediocre. his ap stealing traps should steal random ap if the other team doesn't have the colour you match. and his damage traps need to look different than the ap traps, they tend to get mixed up making it hard to remember which does what. small changes, but they'd change him from mediocre to at least usable.