Crash of Titans Cap vs Cap

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:

I really hope after this complete disaster of DDQ devs say something... This and the 20 iso tinykitty are the things NEED to change ASAP. And yeah, now that I am dreaming I hope they give a free legendary to anybody that has tried icon_razz.gif

Well, after the Thing, they took away the AI team up, and if you check, she isn't covered 5/5/5 like the first few we fought were... so it is slowly evolving.. compensation won't happen.. but changes may.. After last week, i fully intend on trying this again later tonight to see if anything has changed.. who knows!

as for the 20 iso.. check out hi-fi's post in another thread earlier.. who knows!
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Just beat it with my Lvl 152 2/4/1. Boosted +50% r/y, b/p, g/b.
    Got a lot of yellow on the opening board and it looked like I was going to have enough to fire Wings of Liberty twice during the match, so I shot one off early to help reduce match damage as much as possible (ultimately this probably won me the match). I was denying as well as you can, she got her red off and later her black and I thought I was pretty much done. I went ahead and fired Wings of Liberty again - otherwise I'm dead from match damage in 2/3 turns. I'm down to a couple hundred health and she is at like 5k with 6 red and 8 black - so any more red/black AP and I'm done, or I'm dead to match damage in just a couple turns anyway. I see a move that sets up a match-4 red for her, but would give me a match-5 after her match-4 resolves. No guts, no glory - I take it. I'm out of yellow AP at this point, so I go ahead and fire my Dive Bomb for about half her health, I take my match-5 and it generates another match-5 elsewhere so I take that as well. She is sitting at 1700 health and I have two critical tiles on the board that can be matched with blue. I stare at the board for 5 minutes trying to find even a two move cascade upon using one of the critical tiles. Nothing. I look at the rows and columns where the new tiles will fall....not a single spot with two like color tiles next to each other - very small chance of a cascade. My best shot is if the first two tiles that fall match the top tile so I take the match on the left and hold my breath......IT'S OVER 1700 DAMAGE ITSELF! VICTORY!!!

TL;DR - Holy **** this DDQ was ridiculously hard without a bunch of red covers.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Polares wrote:

I really hope after this complete disaster of DDQ devs say something... This and the 20 iso tinykitty are the things NEED to change ASAP. And yeah, now that I am dreaming I hope they give a free legendary to anybody that has tried icon_razz.gif

Well, after the Thing, they took away the AI team up, and if you check, she isn't covered 5/5/5 like the first few we fought were... so it is slowly evolving.. compensation won't happen.. but changes may.. After last week, i fully intend on trying this again later tonight to see if anything has changed.. who knows!

as for the 20 iso.. check out hi-fi's post in another thread earlier.. who knows!

I really hope they fix those things.

I still get surprised at these kind of things. Did they not test this DDQ? But I guess after the first Galaktus disaster I have to believe they don't test anything...
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's not a level 70 3/5/5 sitting farther back in that roster, is there?

LOL! Good one.

There are 6 winners in my bracket now, 4 in the past hour. Their respective Flaptains:

432 lvl 188
    535 lvl 234
    343 lvl 190
    145 lvl 150
    535 lvl 225
    355 lvl 199
    Hey I see me! I'm the 4/3/2 188. Had to drop about 90k iso to put him to 188 and it took 12 tries, but finally staved off 1 red, 1 black from marvel and waited out enough yellow on the board to get her downed with a double shot from red. This was a really frustrating match as her powers are so cheap that even just a little cascade can ruin your day.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

??? I loaded up the fight to check her stats, and her red destroys all protect tiles (which only happens at 5 covers), her black has a two turn stun (only at 5 covers) and her yellow generates red and black AP (5 covers again). Is it different for different people?

(In any case, it's awesome that she doesn't have a team-up. Yay for that!)
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    No one else in the game can remove ALL protect tiles at once (I believe), so I don't want to lose that ability.
    in 4* play, I'd rather have more ap for my big guns (same can be said for some 3*s too - cyke, panther, cage, torch, steve, mags). in 3* play, I'd rather counter protects with loki than a low damaging red.
    Was also going to comment that Loki "removes" all protects, and he would be my choice over c. marv as well. His black is certainly more expensive, but it's much more devastating. I'm certainly not going to blame anyone for running a 5 red c marv, 3* are pretty weak if you have a few 4* leveled up, so might as well get a little utility out of them.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    was super excited because there was no TU at all!
    Probably a minority opinion, but I would've preferred to see her chasing TU tiles the whole match, instead of red and yellow (assuming of course they didn't load her with a devastating TU)
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only 5 people have completed in my bracket.

2/4/2 Lvl 150--Pretty Impressive
    5/3/5 Lvl 173
    1/5/5 Lvl 169
    5/3/3 Lvl 200
    4/5/4 Lvl 221

3/4/4 Lvl 182 is the average of those, so looks like you need at least 4 red at 182. Like I said, very impressed with the 2/4/2 in my bracket winning that at level 150, that had to have not been easy.

Alas, my 2/1/1 Lvl 111 is not going to cut it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    It would've been level 270 Berserker Rage, Nuts from the Above or Radar Sense, wouldn't it?
    Only for the first 20 hours, then they'd stealth change it after we complained long enough...
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Only 5 people have completed in my bracket.

2/4/2 Lvl 150--Pretty Impressive
    5/3/5 Lvl 173
    1/5/5 Lvl 169
    5/3/3 Lvl 200
    4/5/4 Lvl 221

3/4/4 Lvl 182 is the average of those, so looks like you need at least 4 red at 182. Like I said, very impressed with the 2/4/2 in my bracket winning that at level 150, that had to have not been easy.

Alas, my 2/1/1 Lvl 111 is not going to cut it.

I hope analytics like these will show them how hard these are for 98% of the playerbase.
    I wouldn't think having such a low % of the playerbase winning these is a good thing. It's almsot like why even have it if so few are winning them?
    Knowing how most elements in this game been balanced up to this point, only 10% of the plaeyrbase winning a given "endgame" event is probably acceptable for them.

I don't' expect to win with my 0 3 0 Falcap, and I probably won't even try (unless my fail attempt somehow helps the analytics in show them these should be easier), but others with say a 1 2 2 or something like that should have at least a 50% chance.
    Most of these 4 DDQ fights seems like you need at least 9 covers, and the CORRECT covers (Invisible Woman & Prof X fights anyone?) in order to even come close to beating them. I wouldn't consider those types of characters "low level".

Given the next 5-7 4 star characters that will be coming up next, I don't expect to win another one of these until it wraps back around to Xforce again unless something changes.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's not a level 70 3/5/5 sitting farther back in that roster, is there?

LOL! Good one.

There are 6 winners in my bracket now, 4 in the past hour. Their respective Flaptains:

432 lvl 188
    535 lvl 234
    343 lvl 190
    145 lvl 150
    535 lvl 225
    355 lvl 199

Adding these to my bracket I'm getting

3.45/3.8/4 or rounding 3/4/4 and average level 190
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's absolutely no way this can be done with my 2/4/2 Flap shy of lottery winning luck. This has got to be the most sadistic match up I've seen yet. One black and One red and it's all over. And if I'm stupid enough to use my only attack, it boosts her ability to destroy me.

Congrats to everyone who pulled it off, but for the sake of my blood pressure, I will definitely not be one of them.
  • Woke up this morning around 7:00 as usual. Gave it a go with my 5/5/3 level 131 Faptain, unboosted.

Destroyed, as expected. I usually do one unboosted and without any additional leveling to get a feel for the match. Sank about 28k iso into him, brought him up to level 160. Boosted 100% match, 50% R/Y match, and +1 R/Y. Should have been +2 (so red only takes 4 matches), but I was still half asleep. Died again (this one on turn 3 to both black and red). And again.
    3rd boosted attempt was successful however. Got a decent board where I picked up yellow early, and red was spread out enough that if there was a red match, there was only one, and I got it. Chipped her down to about where my sleepy math said she'd go away from yellow-> red. Fired red... she still had about 2k health, but, lovely blue match-4 left, and that did the trick, which was good because she would have had enough to fire red and black, and I would have died on the next turn.
    qysUiq8.png?1

So I finished the fight about 8 and half hours ago now, and we're now up to 8 players who have completed it. I have never seen it not at 10 or more within a couple hours. Even with Starlord.

1. - (me) 5/5/3 160
    2. 3/4/2 - 173
    3. 5/3/5 - 235
    4. 4/3/2 - 188
    5. 4/3/5 - 218
    6. 3/3/3 - 170
    7. 3/4/1 - 70 (yes, level 70)
    8. 3/2/5 - 180

I'm very curious about the level 70. I can't imagine how that worked with only 3774 health. Basically dies to either her red or black, and match damage alone will get there quickly enough. Hmm.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd very much like to see the enemies scaled down to correspond to the release date of the 4* we're using. If you're aiming for a certain percentage of the userbase to be able to win the fight, then it should be easier for a character very few have finished (like this guy) than for one tons of people have (X-Force Wolverine). They scaled Squirrel Girl to 2/2/2 for Devil Dino, at least partially in recognition that a whole bunch of people had little opportunity to get him before the fight; Captain Wilson hasn't been much easier to come by.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd very much like to see the enemies scaled down to correspond to the release date of the 4* we're using. If you're aiming for a certain percentage of the userbase to be able to win the fight, then it should be easier for a character very few have finished (like this guy) than for one tons of people have (X-Force Wolverine). They scaled Squirrel Girl to 2/2/2 for Devil Dino, at least partially in recognition that a whole bunch of people had little opportunity to get him before the fight; Captain Wilson hasn't been much easier to come by.

This. I would say I am more than above average in my transition and I have a 3/3/2. God help anyone with 1 or 0 red. To make matters worse they pick one of the few 3* that will instantaneously destroy all his protect tiles which really is the key to this character.

I am beyond disappointed in D3 and really regret buying a stark salary last week. I enjoy my alliance teammates and the game can be fun but until I see a design team that really gets it, I am done supporting them.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    This one should really just list 3 red covers as essential. I've beat every 4* ddq oppponent in a maximum of 8 tries before this with my character being at least level 130, even if there covers are terrible for it, like 1/4/2 thing. I've made about 20 gos at it now and am probably done. I know part of this difficulty is because falcap is every kind of terrible but putting him against someone so tailor made to kill not only him but any lower leveled/health characters with relative ease is double **** move. I'd love to know if any devs pulled this off with sub 180 falcon who had less than 3 red.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was by far the hardest grudge match (in my opinion, even worse than x-force vs cyke). Made it on my 8th attempt with a 5-4-4 Falcon, only because I was able to save enough red to fire the skill twice in a row.

It was borderline unfair, and definitely not a satisfying experience, even after being able to beat the node: luck was the only relevant factor in the end (I needed a super-friendly board), and the opponent of choice basically dictated to enter the match with a specific build (3-5-5).

On paper, the strategy required to win the node was interesting (not only deny red/black, but also exploit the attack tile after black)... for a number of reasons it didn't work out really well in order to create a balanced (and entertaining) challenge.

At least she didn't had the overdrive TU (or Trickery)!
  • I really wish we had more interesting 4*s to do this with.

Like, the only Interestingness of this fight is like, Marvel can bust Protect tiles from Falcap's yellow, and Falcap can boost up the Strike tile Marvel gives (if he can even survive the black and stun). Combined with how most Falcaps are pretty fragile in comparison, not the most interesting duel.

There's just nothing that can match the craziness of Invisible Woman vs Quicksilver where it's like, Invisibility counters Quicksilver's active powers, but Quicksilver's passive erupts into a AOE, countering IW's invisibility, but IW's blue and green combine to eliminate locked tiles, countering Quicksilver's counter to your counter, but you need to generate Blue, fueling the second-counter in order to make your 4th tier counter!

It's a darn shame that more matchups like that aren't very possible.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As of yet, no one in my bracket has won this fight.

Working as intended, I assume.
  • Swish
    Swish Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I feel like this will be the second 4* DDQ that I won't be able to finish (and 2nd in a row). My Cap is 232 at 147, and I've only gotten her under 10K once in about 20 tries. Even when I do a fair job of denying red and black, she gets some cascades that work in her favor.

But, hey, at least there's no team-up, so there's that...

UPDATE: I managed to take her down before I went to sleep. Only had 252 health left & got a blue match-4 with a strike tile on the board to take out her last 700 health. And got... a Starlord yellow. At least it was my 13th cover for him.