Crash of Titans Cap vs Cap

Options

Comments

• drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I keep on getting close with my 168 3/4/2 FalCap, before making that rookie mistake of getting a good cascade by accident, which sets off her absorption and kills me.

Sooooo stupid.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So far only one person has completed it in my bracket with a 168 2/4/3 flaptain.

My 0/1/0 kicked her in the shins a few times before being punched the tiny kitty out.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2015
    Options
    barrok wrote:

I take a different approach. Now that I am into 4* land, I won't be playing my 3*'s unless they are required for PVE/PVP OR I need them to handle a specific threat/situation. 5 in Captain Marvels red gives you a character who can handle a **** ton of protect tiles. I won't play her outside of the requireds, so why not leave her in a build where, when I need her, she is maximum efficient.

Maximum efficient? At one narrow purpose? As opposed to generating AP, which is needed constantly?

At 355, Capt. Marvel is an excellent tank and very useful in 3 Cyclops PVP. Also Fistbuster's best friend. Not to mention her own PVP. Which starts tomorrow. Have fun in that! Everyone needs a speed bump sometimes.

(You can lead them to water .... icon_lol.gif )

Mine is 5/3/5. Like I said, I NEVER use her. I kept her at 5 red because of Ultron, or one of those events that made lots of protect tiles. No one else in the game can remove ALL protect tiles at once (I believe), so I don't want to lose that ability.

In 4* land I have plenty more characters to use than her... so she would only come in for one narrow purpose.

BTW: I don't expect to have any issues getting into the 1k - 1.3k range for the PVP. So your jerky little jab's don't really prove any points other than you can talk down to someone lol.

PS: This DDQ sucks, cause I don't have a working fal **** icon_e_sad.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please guys don't deviate the thread from his original purpose talking about Captain Marvel. This thread is for whining about this DDQ4, to realize how terrible Captain Falcon is and how devs always chose the worst possible oponent icon_razz.gif

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Polares wrote:
    Please guys don't deviate the thread from his original purpose talking about Captain Marvel. This thread is for whining about this DDQ4, to realize how terrible Captain Falcon is and how devs always chose the worst possible oponent icon_razz.gif

icon_e_biggrin.gif

They always choose the most interesting possible opponent.

Unfortunately, there's not exactly anybody interesting that FalCap counters, and one big ol Marvel that counters him in an interesting fashion. icon_e_sad.gif

And that's true for a lot (but not all) of these matchups. More interesting to be countered then to do the countering. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you think someone would be more or less likely to post about a run of 8 heads in a row compared to a 50/50 split?
    With few exception, people aren't posting their token pulls to complain about dupes. They're posting to either say, "Hey, here's what I got", and/or to complain they aren't getting enough useful covers.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just barely managed to win with my 4/3/1, level 172 Falcap. I got really lucky. I had 24 red AP and 9+ yellow AP. Unfortunately, even with 10 protect tiles on the board a Dive-bomb will only do 3,072 damage so I still needed to whittle her health down by 50% before I can start using abilities. Then I lucked into a yellow match-5 with a critical tile that I could then use the resulting critical tile to make a red match-5. That gave me the necessary 28 red AP but resulted in just 4 yellow tiles on the board. Lucky for me it was barely enough to finish her off before she used all the red and black AP she just generated to wipe the floor with me.

I got my fifth Cyclops yellow. Hardly seems worth the effort. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    The only good thing to come out of this is now a lot more people believe me when I say 5/5/3 is the right build for Carol and when I say how underrated she is.

5/5/3 is not a good build. One should never, I repeat, never put more than 4 into red.

Actually, once you are well into 4* land, 3*s serve only as the 3rd char in PVP's.. and when buffed, used in PVE/Heroics. 5/5/3 is fine for PVE and PVP since the AI loves to use that red, may as well make it more powerful. 3* builds matter less and less as time goes by.. 5 red and 5 black is perfect for this.. everyone knows in pvp, you kill her in 1 shot, so she doesn't generate too much ap.. so lose the yellow covers, they won't matter on defense anyway.. and the AI will use her red over even hulkbuster (just saw it multiple times) , so 5 red covers will do more damage.

There is no wrong build for anyone, as long as you use them for what you build them for.

Agreed that 3*'s are meant to compliment 4*'s. I wonder if that will be replaced. However there is no dmg upgrade on 5 red for her. Just more shields destroyed, which as stated is a very select group of characters. Only Falcons and C.Mags can mass create them. But normally 3 destroyed is enough. Thus why I say to never, ever go past 4 red. The loss of a cover in black or yellow is worse than not blowing up all prot tiles

Look at that, i'm not the only one who sucks at quoting! Also, we are mid Falcon PVP right now.. and the AI loves their little shieldies from birdman... so a 5 cover danvers is one of the team ups i always have at the ready for falcon pvps
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    At about 33% chance of drawing a dupe on a LT, the last 7 have been. There hasn't even been an LT set in a place I could earn it in the last week and a half so I could be disappointed by its draw. Guess we'll just continue the length of that run cause there's no way I'm dropping a ton of resources into a poor toon and still need a perfectly catered board for 50 turns to have a chance to win with my 3/5/2.

It gets harder and harder just to hit 1k with a medicore roster, meanwhile the paying top end seems to be having a grand ole time playing Marvel Chatquest: Cupcake Factory. Anyone wondering where seed teams have gone: they are all well up over 1k in the event, but now they are worth 50-75 pts.

Yet they have to set a 5 day chance at 1 LT into these impossible scenarios?

Get it together Dimurge. The number of great veteran players I've seen retire in the last month is startling. Unless of course that's the idea again, in which case, GG.
  • mindsuckr
    Options
    I decided to check out the people who beat this because I like looking at people's collections. Sitting at #3 with 23311 points is someone with a 4Falc at 2/3/0 level 106, so I guess anything is possible?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:
    I decided to check out the people who beat this because I like looking at people's collections. Sitting at #3 with 23311 points is someone with a 4Falc at 2/3/0 level 106, so I guess anything is possible?

Would need to see screenshots to actually believe that...
  • mindsuckr
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    mindsuckr wrote:

Don't wanna get in trouble for calling people out by name, so I tried to edit it while still being verifiable. Hopefully this is sufficient while not breaking rules?

http://i.imgur.com/Wx4bci9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ulvNPQV.jpg
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    mindsuckr wrote:

Don't wanna get in trouble for calling people out by name, so I tried to edit it while still being verifiable. Hopefully this is sufficient while not breaking rules?

There's no way I'm going to believe that someone beat this with a 2/3/0 FalCap. It's not possible. My FalCap is 2/3/2 and I'm not even coming close.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's not a level 70 3/5/5 sitting farther back in that roster, is there?
  • mindsuckr
    Options

I didn't think to check that, so I just did. They have a 3Falc at 0/0/1 further back. icon_lol.gif
    I'm guessing match boosts and an early yellow cascade (or 20) and then spent the rest of the game denying red?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My bracket only has 2 winners in it and they both have 5 red.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:

I didn't think to check that, so I just did. They have a 3Falc at 0/0/1 further back. icon_lol.gif
    I'm guessing match boosts and an early yellow cascade (or 20) and then spent the rest of the game denying red?

I will say this.. my 2/3/1 failcap sat on 30 red AP for a good 5 minutes or so... when she finally had enough red to finish me, she had 21 yellow AP to my 3. So, i denied her all the red in the world forever.. and she took all my yellow. Neither of us used an ability, until the board shuffled and gave her a straight line 5 red match and she toasted me..
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I was playing with my 0/3/1 lvl 111 Failcon, and didn't last too long of course, but just before i got smacked and killed with her black attack, I noticed that I hadn't been hit by a team up yet... so I scrolled over and couldn't see what TU she had equipped. After I got killed, being the glutton for punishment I am, I played it 2 more times and was super excited because there was no TU at all!

That alone made me feel like I was getting my butt beat while smiling the whole time. Regardless of how unfair and lopsided this fight is... we now know they can do the rest without a TU. If a TU shows up for any other 4* DDQ we absolutely know it is intentional and will have every right to raise havoc.

0/3 and super excited.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    mindsuckr wrote:

There's no way I'm going to believe that someone beat this with a 2/3/0 FalCap. It's not possible. My FalCap is 2/3/2 and I'm not even coming close.

I would really love to know how he/she has done it. Reaaaaally surprised. A couple of infinite cascades? Maybe three...

I really hope after this complete disaster of DDQ devs say something... This and the 20 iso **** are the things NEED to change ASAP. And yeah, now that I am dreaming I hope they give a free legendary to anybody that has tried icon_razz.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    No one else in the game can remove ALL protect tiles at once (I believe), so I don't want to lose that ability.
    in 4* play, I'd rather have more ap for my big guns (same can be said for some 3*s too - cyke, panther, cage, torch, steve, mags). in 3* play, I'd rather counter protects with loki than a low damaging red.