DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Well looks like ill be having a nice break lol i don't understand why they can't just let us use decent characters
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Well looks like ill be having a nice break lol i don't understand why they can't just let us use decent characters
    Indecent characters are more fun, of course.
  • Shut up and go get me my alliance reward while i sit back and smoke. I don't event smoke. But i will for 6 days. Cos I'm cool.
  • HailMary
    I don't event smoke. But i will for 6 days. Cos I'm cool.
    That sounds like what a wistful Bag-Man would say. Fitting.
  • On wives/girlfriends not really liking video games:

you gotta get 'em when they're young. I'm pretty sure I like video games because I grew up playing them with my dad, and that was basically how we bonded. So when ya'll have baby girls, play video games with them!
  • HailMary wrote:
    Speaking of the Heroic Venom event, from the discussion thread:
    IceIX wrote:
    As with the above, the Heroic isn't out yet and we can flip switches up until it is. Current required roster is:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up

Rewards: Mr. Rogers/LThor covers for higher tiers, MHawkeye/CStorm covers for lower tiers.

Thoughts?

I now know that TU1 is icon_cry.gif about the required-char list.

I also know that I'm icon_e_biggrin.gif about BP, AWolv, MStorm, and possibly Psylocke.

I guess that mean that 2 rounds with those rewards are planned.

I've got more options than last time I think, since all my characters have max covers except H.T, but I'll have to decide which to put some iso into. Depending on the size of buff on H.T I might buy a level for him as he's in 2 tournaments at the moment, otherwise BP/Psy.

My team levels:

Iron Man (Model 35) - level 50/50
    Storm (Modern) - level 50/50
    Wolverine (Astonishing) - level 85/85
    Hawkeye (Modern) - level 19/85
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - level 6/85
    Black Panther - level 90/141
    Psylocke - level 49/141
    Human Torch - Powered Up - level 20/141 (limited by covers)
  • I think my roster could do OK, but forcing people to use Bagman? Crazy.

I'm pleased about the rewards - I need more LThor and Shieldbro covers.
  • HailMary
    allorin wrote:
    but forcing people to use Bagman? Crazy.
    As, Ulla, the ancient Greek military strategist once said: "If you've got it, flaunt it!"
  • NOOOOOOOOOO well that's me outta another Heroic event. Don't have bagman,Hawkeye and my storm,psylocke and bp are not leveled up at all. The only guy i have is wolvie. Ugh
    Don't worry, you'll pull enough Bagman covers from event tokens to make you viable. icon_twisted.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Veikka replied on alliance chat... on the off chance that no-one sees it, I'm just mentioning it here. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hey

I left the alliance, it was getting too hardcore for me.

Thank you all, it was fun.

Bye.

EDIT:
    Hey Veikka, we were rather disappointed at your behavior in the Hollowpoint event, and would like to know if something's going on. We noticed that you either haven't redeemed or didn't receive any Torch covers besides the alliance reward cover, and while we are a funny-fun-fun alliance, it's very unfair to the rest of us for a member to simply skate through events without notice.

I just noticed this and some other messages in the facebook. I cleared every single node for the first clear bonus iso in the hollowpoint and few extra clears on higher reward or easier nodes. It just wasnt enough to get the torch cover since I joined early and had a hard bracket.

Anyway, its your alliance and your rules. Current rules that are forming here just dont fit my casual playstyle.
  • Hardcore???? Lol jeez i hate to see what would happen if he was in a different alliance where scores actually matter.

Rules of Django: occasionally pop in to chat with your alliance as we like to talk....alot
    let us know if you cant take part in an event. You know, be polite.
    you don't need super scores,just some effort for "your" alliance

I think that's it,yep we are as hardcore as can be icon_e_wink.gif
  • Hardcore???? Lol jeez i hate to see what would happen if he was in a different alliance where scores actually matter.

Rules of Django: occasionally pop in to chat with your alliance as we like to talk....alot

You guys think that I have been playing only little during the last few days. Little being much more than being fully afk. Because of this and my poor chat skills I get 24 hour warning to explain myself to the team or just get kicked.

It depends greatly on what you are used to, but to me this is already too hardcore.
  • Veikka wrote:
    Hardcore???? Lol jeez i hate to see what would happen if he was in a different alliance where scores actually matter.

You guys think that I have been playing only little during the last few days. Little being much more than being fully afk. Because of this and my poor chat skills I get 24 hour warning to explain myself to the team or just get kicked.

It depends greatly on what you are used to, but to me this is already too hardcore.

Congrats to anyone waiting for the first alliance drama you got it! icon_e_surprised.gif

Well since we are airing out dirty laundry publicly.
    I'll just lay it out there what happened that got people feeling disrespected.

You joined the hollowpoint event during the last 30mins and scored less then 200 points so that you could obtain maximum gains for minimal effort while leeching off the alliance its rewards.
    This being directly after the obvious lack of any effort in the previous alliance event. Which we didnt bring up till after it seemed to be a trend of non effort.
    This shows a VERY a "me first" attitude, with an obvious lack of respect for your other members, which has no place in any alliance.
    I wish you luck in any other alliance that is actually willing you take you in and hope you have fun there.
  • I understand where Veikka is coming from. We are a little bit hard core. Not like Shield or 5dv levels, but he's right. We're definitely not 'casual'. That said, it was never really part of our initial formation, but the group is defined by the membership and if we (as a group) want to be competitive in the leaderboards, then that's just the way it is. We have to start taking that into account for people.

The fact is, folks, we do require a certain level of dedication from our members among each other. Be it scores or play time or just communicativeness. We are certainly not 'win or die', but we are pretty devoted. From us I think it springs as much from enjoyment of the game and each others' company as it does from ultra competitive spirit, but not everyone shares the same values. One person's hardcore is another's casual.

It's too bad you don't want to be in this group, Veikka, but I wish you the best of luck in finding an alliance that fits you better than we did!
  • MTGOFerret wrote:

Congrats to anyone waiting for the first alliance drama you got it! icon_e_surprised.gif

I believe that honor was already handed out to Klingsor and myself. Second place again. icon_cry.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:

You joined the hollowpoint event during the last 30mins and scored less then 200 points so that you could obtain maximum gains for minimal effort while leeching off the alliance its rewards.
    This being directly after the obvious lack of any effort in the previous alliance event. Which we didnt bring up till after it seemed to be a trend of non effort.
    This shows a VERY a "me first" attitude, with an obvious lack of respect for your other members, which has no place in any alliance.
    I wish you luck in any other alliance that is actually willing you take you in and hope you have fun there.

If hollowpoint is the last pvp event, I used around half an hour for it. On last pve event I did every node but didnt manage to get Torch reward. So that "lack of effort in the previous alliance event" isnt really true.

I think you guys really need to define for the future which events are "all out" events where you really compete for the top spots. Its little too much to go all out on every single event. Especially when everyone can see on the PvP event that the alliance reward is going to land on the 2-50 slot, no matter how well we play.

When alliance requires this kind of extra effort for no extra gain, its just stupid and members will burn out much faster.

I also failed on "tanking", which is the most stupid feature on the game. I really dislike how the best strat is to go and suicide your dudes all day and then stomp newbie teams. I never used it and I guess thats why the teams on PvP are pretty hard, especially when my widow has only 2 covers.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

I believe that honor was already handed out to Klingsor and myself. Second place again. icon_cry.gif

I think he means the first intra-alliance drama. We just can't see you and jozier coming to blows over the efficacy of Human Torch because your chat is not here.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

I think he means the first intra-alliance drama. We just can't see you and jozier coming to blows over the efficacy of Human Torch because your chat is not here.

I was just trying to lighten the mood, no offense intended. icon_e_biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, this is a difficult situation that all groups have to deal with and I genuinely sympathize with the situation. Hopefully everything can be resolved without any hard feelings.

...and Jozier is wrong -- everyone knows that.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Veikka wrote:
    Hardcore???? Lol jeez i hate to see what would happen if he was in a different alliance where scores actually matter.

Well since we are airing out dirty laundry publicly.
    I'll just lay it out there what happened that got people feeling disrespected.

I think you're being a little harsh on Veikka. The bottom line is that you have expectations for each member to perform to a certain degree, whether that is getting a human torch cover in the PvE event or getting 500+ points in the PvP event, and Veikka didn't meet those expectations. Don't go attacking the players character and calling that a "lack of respect" when it's really just that the player doesn't share the same fundamental philosophy as you guys of needing to place well in every event. Since the alliance didn't have any strict requirements while it was forming and you guys have that very laid back attitude, I doubt that there was any indication of these expectations/requirements actually existing. It's fine to kick someone out of the alliance because of that, but don't say that it was because of a nobler reason like how the player was disrespecting the other members in the alliance: it just reeks of bad taste to anyone else observing whats happening.