DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• i hope there will be a influx of points the last day or else it will be impossible to get the points
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm thinking that maybe this is the idea. So many forum goers have gotten this stuff down to a science, while casuals flail away like the AI playing your favorite character. Maybe they are trying to make everything so random and confusing that everybody just flails away because maximizing is difficult. I am really disturbed about the progression rewards being so high.

The unattainable progression rewards seems more like an oversight, rather than part of an ulterior motive plan. Mostly because it doesn't seem to benefit anyone—the developers included.
  • coolbond wrote:
    i hope there will be a influx of points the last day or else it will be impossible to get the points
    I dont because it would mean that the people who have maxed rubberband will insta win their brackets which is completely unfair to anyone who has actually put any time into it at all.

As for the the randomness **** going on? I've just been playing approx every 12 hours and say perfection be dammned. It's been doing me pretty well overall though and i've been jumping into 1st each time i make my runs
  • FoxMulder wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm thinking that maybe this is the idea. So many forum goers have gotten this stuff down to a science, while casuals flail away like the AI playing your favorite character. Maybe they are trying to make everything so random and confusing that everybody just flails away because maximizing is difficult. I am really disturbed about the progression rewards being so high.

The unattainable progression rewards seems more like an oversight, rather than part of an ulterior motive plan. Mostly because it doesn't seem to benefit anyone—the developers included.

Iso8 was the very first event they ever ran. I assume they just ran the same numbers they did as before rather then took and tweaked it to what was expected
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited April 2014
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    As for the the randomness **** going on? I've just been playing approx every 12 hours and say perfection be dammned. It's been doing me pretty well overall though and i've been jumping into 1st each time i make my runs
    Yep, same. I just play at some vague point generally close to noon and midnight EST, when I feel like it. I climb from the high #200s to #1-3 every time. I just want the Torch covers. Honey badger don't give a s--- about point maxing no mo'. Honey badger gon' punch a dude, though, if late-game rubberbanding bumps me out of Top 50 contention.

dlaw: I had the same thought, but mis-scaling progression rewards does nothing for that. Better to truly randomize refresh cycles if forumite disruption was the goal.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Allorin, truce? I think we're both so tanked that we're in the MMR hell of tanking. I'm trying to hit 1100 eventually so itd be nice if I didn't see any retaliations later tonight icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Allorin, truce? I think we're both so tanked that we're in the MMR hell of tanking. I'm trying to hit 1100 eventually so itd be nice if I didn't see any retaliations later tonight icon_e_biggrin.gif

Wow, Allorin - I'm impressed. Polarity comes here to ask you for a truce! When something like that happens to me I'm sure it will be more like Jachdo telling me to organize my will.
  • Allorin, truce? I think we're both so tanked that we're in the MMR hell of tanking. I'm trying to hit 1100 eventually so itd be nice if I didn't see any retaliations later tonight icon_e_biggrin.gif

Deal! I'd love to hit 1100 too, but that's one hell of a grind.

I had you on one node, and BubbleBoy on another. Worth a wee bit of ISO, I reckon. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Allorin, truce? I think we're both so tanked that we're in the MMR hell of tanking. I'm trying to hit 1100 eventually so itd be nice if I didn't see any retaliations later tonight icon_e_biggrin.gif

Wow, Allorin - I'm impressed. Polarity comes here to ask you for a truce! When something like that happens to me I'm sure it will be more like Jachdo telling me to organize my will.

We're BFFs. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Speaking of... :

30rw6zq.jpg
  • I somehow managed to scrape my way up to 700ish with a ton of skips with my **** wolverines and then shielded because I coldn't play past 6. It was a harsh bracket so that was top 25.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    I somehow managed to scrape my way up to 700ish with a ton of skips with my **** wolverines and then shielded because I coldn't play past 6. It was a harsh bracket so that was top 25.
    Getting top 25 without a usable Wolverine in that tourney is quite an accomplishment.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, up to 1100. Feel free to attack me for a good 40+ points =D
  • This is the 1st time i've managed to get number 1 all tournament. Just look at my massive lead. Phenomenal.

unnamed.png
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Hrm. So. I've been playing the cover lottery for the last few days... I've just pulled two Lazy Cap covers. Best cover lottery pulls eva.

Sitting on 33k in ISO8 atm.
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    I somehow managed to scrape my way up to 700ish with a ton of skips with my **** wolverines and then shielded because I coldn't play past 6. It was a harsh bracket so that was top 25.
    Good job, man!
    Tannen wrote:
    Hrm. So. I've been playing the cover lottery for the last few days... I've just pulled two Lazy Cap covers. Best cover lottery pulls eva.

Nice! Your comment has prompted me to do a few fights in Iso.

...Ooooh, I got 250 Iso for 30K points!

yay.

In other news, my Lil Thor is finally at 3/5/5, courtesy of the FA progression reward. ... double-yay. icon_rolleyes.gif

EDITL The RNG just trolled me, and gave me a Cap cover from a standard token... a 2* Cap cover.
  • I was finally able to join the PVE tonight. I'm still going and haven't even done every fight twice and I'm at 20k. I think I'll be able to catch up no problem.
  • Tannen wrote:

I swear you guys are making me want to buy these tokens.
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I swear you guys are making me want to buy these tokens.
    You should definitely dump all of your Iso into standard tokens before upgrading to the high-level luck mastery of pulling great covers from daily deals. icon_lol.gif
    Rajjeq wrote:
    I was finally able to join the PVE tonight. I'm still going and haven't even done every fight twice and I'm at 20k. I think I'll be able to catch up no problem.
    You devious mook, you.
  • Don't do it. Resist temptation. After reading about others and their amazing cover pulls, I spent 200 of my 500 HP on the Super Soldier deal,and I got Lil Thor icon_e_sad.gif

Never again