DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• The alliance is safely top 50 icon_e_biggrin.gif , so we're definitely in 'do what you can for yourself territory'.

Tell you what - let's swap accounts for a night. You can grind BoringTourney for me, and I'll sort you out with three Cap covers. icon_e_wink.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    IceIX wrote:
    Having issues pushing myself above 500 at the moment and just blew HP on Health Packs after a Wolverine (Patch) Berserker Raged, instakilled my Spidey then proceeded to kill the rest of my team with a single unlucky cascade. MMR is killing me as I have to skip a dozen times between each match to try and get teams that *aren't* pure 141s with a 200+ Patch.
    I assume that, as part of the dev team, it'd be bad juju for you to MMR-tank? icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    IceIX wrote:
    I'm planning on pushing to maybe 600 somehow then shielding so that I can end up in the Top 50. My bracket is pretty insane at the moment. The Top 10 is only around 658 at lowest but I'm not even in the Top 50 at 497. Think I'll just watch Muffinmonger and Dsylexic take everyone out. Muffin's at 874 and unshielded. Just keeps going up, likely because of his team beating down attackers.
    Man, it seems like everyone's in a forumite-heavy bracket but me.

Just to rub it in, I've been sitting at 614, unshielded, all day. I've dropped from #2 to #5.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    HailMary wrote:
    I assume that, as part of the dev team, it'd be bad juju for you to MMR-tank? icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    If it's in the game, it's in the game. As much as many of us dislike that being a "thing" to do, it remains that it's an effective mechanic. I just wasn't able to partake this Lightning Round go since these past few days were particularly busy. Got in two rounds of the Bagteam rocking it but that didn't do much for me this time since I burned through that bit getting up to 200ish.
    HailMary wrote:
    Just to rub it in, I've been sitting at 614, unshielded, all day. I've dropped from #2 to #5.
    Good job. I hate you.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Good job. I hate you.
    Me too.
  • IceIX wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    If it's in the game, it's in the game. As much as many of us dislike that being a "thing" to do, it remains that it's an effective mechanic. I just wasn't able to partake this Lightning Round go since these past few days were particularly busy. Got in two rounds of the Bagteam rocking it but that didn't do much for me this time since I burned through that bit getting up to 200ish.
    HailMary wrote:
    Good job. I hate you.

Errm well you could jump into another form of pvp and retreat to your hearts desire and lose no points for it while tanking your MMR. ( oh look there's a new shield bro event icon_twisted.gif )
  • IceIX
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Errm well you could jump into another form of pvp and retreat to your hearts desire and lose no points for it while tanking your MMR. ( oh look there's a new shield bro event icon_twisted.gif )
    Well yes, but that would mean pushing myself into a bracket with what are probably still early adopters.
  • IceIX wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Well yes, but that would mean pushing myself into a bracket with what are probably still early adopters.

check your DM's for the other method. I tend to not try to advertise it since while it's "known" its not widely adopted yet so don't want to bring too much attention to it
  • I hope when this bloody iso event ends, we don't get another 10 day event straight after. I will cry many salty tears.
  • HailMary
    allorin wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Good job. I hate you.
    Me too.
    icon_twisted.gif For reference, I entered ~37 hours from the end, because I thought TBTI ended 12 hours earlier than it actually does.
    I hope when this bloody iso event ends, we don't get another 10 day event straight after. I will cry many salty tears.
    I'd actually be fine with one, as long as there aren't placement rewards I care about. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I could use the node-reward Iso. But, I could also use a break from caring about optimization.
  • Jeez my nipples are cold tonight.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

check your DM's for the other method. I tend to not try to advertise it since while it's "known" its not widely adopted yet so don't want to bring too much attention to it

I want in on this other method!!!
  • IceIX
    FoxMulder wrote:
    Ferret muttered something about Surf, a truck, and the S.S. Anne. I'm not sure how trustworthy such a method would be.
  • IceIX wrote:
    FoxMulder wrote:
    Ferret muttered something about Surf, a truck, and the S.S. Anne. I'm not sure how trustworthy such a method would be.
    When it comes to Ferret, we've learned the best way to deal with him is just nod your head and smile. He usually goes away after that.
  • Fox you haz mail icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    T_T

TBTI: I unshielded, went to about 780 and then got viciously smacked down to 674 by lots of "win 20ish, lose 40 ish". Shielded and then won a retaliation. Wooo. Sitting on 694 and 14th. I considered shielding and sneaking up, but I figure I'll just buy the cover that I missed this way, it'll be less effort. icon_e_biggrin.gif

ISO-8: Sitting around 22k points, want more rubberbanding and node before I go again.
  • nFwxnp4.jpg
    will try for a higher score later but right now not too bad
  • HailMary
    coolbond wrote:
    will try for a higher score later but right now not too bad
    Holy meow! And I thought my bracket was sweet!

Beware: doombot6 will probably push hard at the end.
  • I haven't seen brackets this competitive in a long time. People really want those Cap covers. Looks like ill finish 2nd in mine so i will get my 2 covers plus the alliance one so im happy.

in the iso event i have 25300 which puts me 20th. Not doing anymore until the nodes get changed whenever that will be.

also,have tanked hard for the Cap event already lol
  • HailMary
    I haven't seen brackets this competitive in a long time. People really want those Cap covers.
    I blame IceIX's April Fool's prank. Who wouldn't want a dude called Shieldbro?! The prank was really an insidious ploy to make people spend more HP on shields. But huzzah! I have foiled this deeevious stratagem with 44 minutes to go. icon_cool.gif

P.S - Also, patriotism. I blame patriotism.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    I haven't seen brackets this competitive in a long time. People really want those Cap covers.
    I blame IceIX's April Fool's prank. Who wouldn't want a dude called Shieldbro?! The prank was really an insidious ploy to make people spend more HP on shields. But huzzah! I have foiled this deeevious stratagem with 44 minutes to go. icon_cool.gif

P.S - Also, patriotism. I blame patriotism.

'MERICA!

Abraham%20Lincoln%20riding%20a%20grizzly%20bear-thumb-600x337-45749.jpg