DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• One more thing. I don't think anyone will ever defeat SHIELD in the 2 day events. They always seem to be thousands ahead of everyone else and i think its mainly cause they have more HP then anyone else. They get 500 for 1st which they then use most of on shields for the tourny, then they win again and repeat. What ya all think?
  • I haven't played yet. I intend to compete hard and get to the top tier, as I always do in PVEs. But since the maximum scores right now are still less than a single rubberbanded clear, and I do taxes for a living so I've been getting home super late, I decided to hold off joining. Think of me as the reserve troops. Although it clearly isn't only me, with scores in the 15-20k range right now.

In other news, TBTI is going to be even harder than I thought, as I can't play past 6pm today and my bracket sucks. Shamusyeah, clintman, and jozier from Shield are the top 3, with a few more nasties in the top 10. I'll push later and hope for the best, but I'm guessing best case scenario is top 25. It's probably worth the 150hp for a 8hr shield to secure one cover, right? I would think so.
  • Everyone wants the captain covers icon_e_wink.gif haven't joined yet, don't know whether to join and put up an 8 hour shield or join later and put up a 3 hour one. I want to avoid all the big hitters so have to time this correctly.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited April 2014
    For PvE, I just climbed from #252 to #4 in my bracket. Sitting at 23830.
    As for PvP, the #2 guy in my bracket went from high 500s to a shielded 859 overnight, so now I'm #2.
    Alliance rank is now #33.

We should get alliance top 50 without even trying if everyone simply goes for good individual placement. I want that third cover and schmear of HP, people! icon_lol.gif It's interesting that 5DP at #1 has, assuming full participation, an average player score of 22K and change. Pretty good standard, but not too high, either.

It's also interesting to see OLYMPUS in the PvP top ten. It's a new forum alliance with a "we'll win, dammit" recruiting ethos. It seems they're enthusiastic.

dlaw: When in-game chat goes live, we shall all greet-spam the heck out of Mimmer. Muahahahaha!

Rajj, I'm not sure what's gonna happen with the PvE rubberbanding. If it still hasn't reached full rbanding for you, yet, it's possible that the rubberbanding is different for this PvE. I'm grinding my nodes just to stay in my individual top ten. EDIT: oh nvm, individual top 50 gets 2 covers. I don't know why I thought it was top ten. Psh, this PvE is now cake. Dull cake, but pretty cakey.

TU1: It seems less-than-ideal for SHIELD to burn most of their HP winnings on shields, though it makes for nice brand synergy. In marginally related news, I got hit by TheLadder last night.
  • Also does anyone know how to make just a text image like HM's? i use sony vegas pro and for all the stuff it can do, i cant seem to just make text without a background lol
  • Also does anyone know how to make just a text image like HM's? i use sony vegas pro and for all the stuff it can do, i cant seem to just make text without a background lol
    Delete background, save as *.png
  • Sony Vegas lets me save as .png but still the black background is there? there is no option to delete the background from what i see?
  • Let me explain what I mean by full rubber banding. Clearly the top fight in the stack is currently fully rubber banded at 10x. But the overall scores are still low enough that the points for a fully rubberbanded clear (around 30k) is more points than anyone has. Even if I hit each node a single time, I probably would already fall out of full rubberband, let alone 5x.
  • On the event being boring: yeah, I agree. The progression rewards seem mostly unattainable, and the ones that ARE attainable are not interesting. 250 iso? Yawn. BabyThor? YAWN/COUGH. Don't even want.

HOWEVER,

2- our alliance is nearly 80th :-0 now i don't care if we finish 99th as long as we get HT but that seems pretty low. WHOS NOT PLAYING lol

I'm still playing. I'm at 23,000 something.
  • I have 23k. Hailmary did iceix revert on the cheater?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    I have 23k. Hailmary did iceix revert on the cheater?
    No idea. Haven't heard back yet. He did say that that case was very cut-and-dried, though.
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Let me explain what I mean by full rubber banding. Clearly the top fight in the stack is currently fully rubber banded at 10x. But the overall scores are still low enough that the points for a fully rubberbanded clear (around 30k) is more points than anyone has. Even if I hit each node a single time, I probably would already fall out of full rubberband, let alone 5x.
    Ah, I see. So, you're essentially waiting till you're still able to stay well-rbanded even after a single pass of a node-set's high-value nodes. Interesting.

TU1: Ignore Emeryt's "advice." You need essence of ginseng. ONE MORE SING, extract of TOAD skin. ONE MORE SING, eye of newt. ONE MORE SING, lucky RABbit foot. ONE MORE SING, TWOOO owl pellet.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    First off poor Mimmer lol. Anyhow added her to the facebook group. Not sure why i didnt do that before -derp

Next yeah this is a low scoring event so the numbers are too flashy and it seems that alot of our members are just flat not playing or trying (not sure which)

Anyhow i've been doing single full clears of the 8 nodes then a second clear on the "high" point nodes every 12ish hours the times i do this is at 10-11am and pm(7-8PST) this has allowed me to stay VERY competetive in the event with minimal effort. For those member of ours who the lvl 100+ mobs tear apart i suggest doing your clears just AFTER the nodes reset at 12EST/9PST
    (EST is -5UTC for you guys on the other side of the big puddle)

I'm currently #3 with 2413points but only 3rd because the first two guys are nuts and keep doing clears just as the nodes refresh and grind the hell out of it.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Basically, they've set the points on this event so low that no one is really getting anywhere yet, so catching up will be super easy.

I probably would still have already joined anyway, but the crazy work situation makes this a better rubberband special.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Basically, they've set the points on this event so low that no one is really getting anywhere yet, so catching up will be super easy.

meh its just as easy/hard as its ever been, the numbers just arent as flashy is all.
    Also the fact that that we have no subevent rewards is likely another reason people arent encouraged to be as active
  • Did the same juggernaught event happen in the last unsable iso-8 event? If not is this the end of headbutz in pve?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    coolbond wrote:
    Did the same juggernaught event happen in the last unsable iso-8 event? If not is this the end of headbutz in pve?
    Yep, same thing as last time. We flipped around some of the minions in the missions but that's about it. The story changes are: Changed the graphic used for Captain America from 'Modern' to "Steve Rogers'.
  • TU1: yet another pic was send to Your e-mail account. enjoy!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    I'll be happy when R50 is out and I don't have to click around a bunch to look this up...
    bughunt	     25124
    Ballatician 	24771
    MTGOFerret	  24313
    coolbond	    24044
    TheUnwiseOne   24041
    00001noob00001 23866
    HailMary	    23830
    Verne	       23706
    dlaw008	     23136
    Pats123	     23098
    Tannen	      22477
    IceIX       	22188
    Mimmer	      22047
    Ju Li	       21473
    GozuTashoya 	21195
    Spider-America 20593
    Tempestos      20573
    Veikka	      20090
    Allorin	     18746
    Rajj	        0

• Thanks for the update IceIX, I really apericate you take the time to do that
    this also proves me wrong in that it being alot of members more so then its just one member and that the ranking must be REALLY tight point wise
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Yeah I played 2 fights and went from 150 to 50
    Overall. I have a ton of work to do so can't play a lot but i am more concerned about getting top 10 in the patch pvp. But I wish bw green was the alliance prize. I wanted it to respec her. Now I need another top 10
    Which is tough.