DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• coolbond wrote:
    Turns out its actually quote viable by just doing one runtrough every day before the nodes disepears

This is true, but unless point values escalate massively, I don't see how any of the progression rewards are attainable.
  • My roster and deficient Wolverines are going to make skipping much more expensive than usual in TBTI.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    My roster and deficient Wolverines are going to make skipping much more expensive than usual in TBTI.
    The first time they ran this event I had no levelled Clawguybub. It was ridiculously difficult to do that. I mean REALLY hard. For one, the buffed Wolverine is tough, even when controlled by the AI. For two, without a high level Clawguybub, you will be the tastiest target everyone will see in their nodes, you are guaranteed to get hit a lot. I struggled mightily the first time in this event. I wouldn't worry about placing highly if I were you, unless you really want the Shieldbro covers in a bad way. Do the best you can, but don't get frustrated.
  • The devs have a massive hard on for wolvie so be sure to stock up on wolvie covers. They'll be running those events often.
  • Also I got a black obw cover. Currently she is 4-5-4 do I now make her 3-5-5??

Mine is set to 3/5/5
  • FoxMulder wrote:
    Also I got a black obw cover. Currently she is 4-5-4 do I now make her 3-5-5??

Mine is set to 3/5/5

Mine is 4/5/4, but AP denial (or gain for me) is more useful than her tiny damage. And yeah, I get the whole strike tile thing, but I don't have a valid Punisher yet. So I don't see me going 3/5/5 ever.

Mine was actually 5/5/3 and I was perfectly happy with that, but I figured losing the Purple AP gain for some damage was a reasonable compromise. One downside I didn't foresee - she now regularly takes out goons in Venom levels when I get that final blue match I need for healing! Doh.
  • allorin wrote:
    FoxMulder wrote:

Mine is set to 3/5/5

Mine is 4/5/4, but AP denial (or gain for me) is more useful than her tiny damage. And yeah, I get the whole strike tile thing, but I don't have a valid Punisher yet. So I don't see me going 3/5/5 ever.

Mine was actually 5/5/3 and I was perfectly happy with that, but I figured losing the Purple AP gain for some damage was a reasonable compromise. One downside I didn't foresee - she now regularly takes out goons in Venom levels when I get that final blue match I need for healing! Doh.

I have 3/5/5 because making the purple take an extra match for only 1 more AP of each type is just not worth it to me
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    allorin wrote:
    One downside I didn't foresee - she now regularly takes out goons in Venom levels when I get that final blue match I need for healing! Doh.
    Yep. I get this a lot, too. When I don't have any truly near-death characters, I hit the L40 SoloVenom level instead of the L25 SoloVenom for greater fight longevity.
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    I have 3/5/5 because making the purple take an extra match for only 1 more AP of each type is just not worth it to me
    Yep, I want to have the freedom to spam the **** out of Recon.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    allorin wrote:
    FoxMulder wrote:

Mine is set to 3/5/5

The consensus is definitely 3/5/5, but I like 5/4/4 because I'm super weird. When you do get a solid strike tile guy, 4 or 5 in Espionage is functionally equivalent because the overwhelming majority of the extra damage is strike tiles anyway. 4 in Aggressive recon is not much cheaper to use than 5 and of the two choices 5 is better. The blue ability would be better at 5, but 4 is reasonable. So that's how I chose. Keep in mind, I think it's a better spec for a 3* team, if you're going to use her on a 2* team, 3/5/5 is probably better.
  • It's all down to personal play style, isn't it?

But I'm right and you're wrong. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    JulietLima wrote:
    The devs have a massive hard on for wolvie so be sure to stock up on wolvie covers. They'll be running those events often.

...as our brotherhood rejoices!
  • So i respec'd OBW to 3-5-5 and i must say, i like her alot more now icon_e_smile.gif

Also i finished on 20,000 points. Is it just me or is anyone else not liking this event? I find it truly boring.
  • Also i finished on 20,000 points. Is it just me or is anyone else not liking this event? I find it truly boring.

I agree, it's boring. Got to be honest, I'm not really playing. I'm at 15,000, but with minimal effort. Conserving my energy and wife-good-will for the next one the alliance is really going for.

In super-great-news though, I got my first Patch Red from the Super Soldier recruit token. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HailMary
    Is it just me or is anyone else not liking this event? I find it truly boring.
    It is boring. I blame the lack of sub placement rewards and the seemingly unattainable Shieldbro covers. Gerddernit, I want me a 4/3/3 Shieldbro! Sigh.

In other news, I pulled a Patch Y from my TBTI progression token, and I apparently have a lazy TBTI bracket:

iEFw6eR.png?1

EDIT: allorin: My Patch is now at 4/0/3. He really needs to work on being the best there is. icon_e_sad.gif
  • i have a 10 cover Patch, not near my phone so cant tell you what the covers are lol but i have him leveled to 50 and can do it to 102. I dont know whether to level him up though.
  • Yeah its difficult to get a good feeling for this competition. I've got 21k ish points at the moment and I'll do what I can for the rest of the tournament as I want the 3 human torch covers even though I have no immediate intention to use him icon_e_smile.gif
  • Also unless something seriously changes in the next couple of days 93333 for even the first shieldbro cover aint going to happen with 4 days left.
  • So i respec'd OBW to 3-5-5 and i must say, i like her alot more now icon_e_smile.gif

Also i finished on 20,000 points. Is it just me or is anyone else not liking this event? I find it truly boring.
    It's boring. I'm around 19,000. I don't know whether I should even bother grinding or not. It seems like rubberbanding is so important to this one that grinding is pointless. I'm assuming that the point values will rise dramatically over the next few days, making grinding now even less relevant. We are pretty much guaranteed an alliance Torch cover, so I don't know how hard to push. I fully intend to get all three covers, but I don't know if we are up to another top 2 finish. But 500 HP is always nice.
  • HailMary
    Tempest wrote:
    Also unless something seriously changes in the next couple of days 93333 for even the first shieldbro cover aint going to happen with 4 days left.
    Man, no subs, no big Iso, buffed 1/1/1 Shieldbro being essentially useless, and meaningful progression rewards that seem too high. Sigh. I kinda don't want to want Human Torch. But, in the voice of Elsie from Despicable Me: "HE'S SO PRETTYYY!"
  • HailMary
    In other news, from the R50 patch discussion:
    IceIX wrote:
    So this is something I've been wondering about. Are there any plans in the future to implement cover trading in any form? Whether it be to only other alliance members or through an auction block is there anything going through genius minds at d3p that would have that in an upcoming patch?
    Unlikely, not impossible. Implementation of direct player trading opens the gates to duplication exploits (if any exist in the future), gold farmers, etc. There's a lot that would go into such a system if we wanted to make it "right" and not just implement and hope for the best.

So, at least that's not a "HELLZ no!"