DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    It's so cool to see a couple of Djangoliers in just about every LR I enter. Hi, FoxMulder, Spider-America, & Rajj! Mulder, I personally wouldn't push so high so early. Early high performance leads to more last-minute attacks. I learned that yesterday when I lost Top 8 due to a last-minute 30-pt attack, and looking at the scAvengers chat, it looks like others have had the same experience.

Rajj: That's a tough call. Leveling up AWolv would clearly be better re: performance. But, you don't want to waste that Iso just for this tourney. I'd say put the Iso into Patch, since you like him as a long-term character. If you're not satisfied with your performance using Cabbage Patch Kid, then maybe level The Astonishing Knife-Knuckles a bit?

EDIT: Rajj, congrats on the Top 8!
  • Thanks. It's good to see you guys too, except when i'm paying hundreds of iso not to attack you icon_e_biggrin.gif . Honestly I was a bit torn whether to hang in top 50 and go for the diabolical or push for the two Lokis. I much prefer cmags/doom/hood. If top 8 wasnt going to happen, i was planning on retreating down to the diabolical rather than get 1 loki. But it was going smoothly so I went for it.
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Thanks. It's good to see you guys too, except when i'm paying hundreds of iso not to attack you icon_e_biggrin.gif . Honestly I was a bit torn whether to hang in top 50 and go for the diabolical or push for the two Lokis. I much prefer cmags/doom/hood. If top 8 wasnt going to happen, i was planning on retreating down to the diabolical rather than get 1 loki. But it was going smoothly so I went for it.
    Yeah, I just stayed down in Diabolical territory the whole time. Once again, I never saw you in my nodes! I skipped FoxMulder a few times, but that's it.

It was strange being tense about hanging onto 26-50. The point spread was so narrow that one win would put me in danger of getting 1 Loki, but one retreat would drop me below #50. I slowly and steadily dropped from #31 to #47 over the course of the final 30 minutes or so.

I got mad lucky, and pulled a CMags B from my token, putting him at 3/3/4! I'm gonna go full-bore for the CMags tourney now.
  • Even with the skipping, LRs generate a lot of ISO. I'm up to around 70k. I need to figure out who to level, but my "core" guys are cover capped at the moment.
  • HailMary
    edited April 2014
    Congratulations to MTGOFerret, Rajj, Noob, and most importantly, myself for our LR Top 25s! That CMags P cover is sweeeeet! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Even with the skipping, LRs generate a lot of ISO. I'm up to around 70k. I need to figure out who to level, but my "core" guys are cover capped at the moment.
    Yeah, getting to 400 pts with 15-pt fights, averaging 100 Iso per fight, will get you ~3K Iso. Add defensive-loss compensation and progression rewards, and we're looking at nearly 5K.

I'd sit on it for now. Shieldbro might just turn out to be another LThor: 3/3/3+ within a week.
  • I need more Cmags Blue covers, but his two LR today were poorly timed for me. Sad face.

And also - Gauntlet double thrown!
    28k4ju9.png
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I need more Cmags Blue covers, but his two LR today were poorly timed for me. Sad face.

And also - Gauntlet double thrown!
    28k4ju9.png

damn, you scary dlaw
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Wow dlaw that's awesome. Congrats on getting so many points out of the gate. How are people doing in the pve. It appears points are low and I really want those cap covers.
  • HailMary wrote:
    It's so cool to see a couple of Djangoliers in just about every LR I enter. Hi, FoxMulder, Spider-America, & Rajj! Mulder, I personally wouldn't push so high so early. Early high performance leads to more last-minute attacks. I learned that yesterday when I lost Top 8 due to a last-minute 30-pt attack, and looking at the scAvengers chat, it looks like others have had the same experience.

I saw you too!

The only problem I have when starting later in the LRs is having enough time to actually work up enough points to be at the top.
  • Pats0132 wrote:
    Wow dlaw that's awesome. Congrats on getting so many points out of the gate. How are people doing in the pve. It appears points are low and I really want those cap covers.
    Unless the points per node jumps up dramatically for the new nodes, none of those cap covers are even a remote possibility.
  • HailMary
    FoxMulder wrote:
    The only problem I have when starting later in the LRs is having enough time to actually work up enough points to be at the top.
    I hear ya. I didn't mean "wait before starting from scratch." I meant that you should try to stay just outside of the top 10/15 until ready for your final push, so that you don't get targeted for attacks just from being on the leaderboard. Also, if you MMR-tank for LRs (not in LRs) like I do, staying in the top 10 seems to open you up to attacks from the Careers.
    Pats0132 wrote:
    I'm at 17K and change, after a sweep just now. 100K seems like a pipe dream right now, much less 160K.
  • Where's my Smurfberry Pie? I demand pie!
  • Hey guys just on the way home from Memphis. Got approved for my greencard icon_e_smile.gif now I shall take over America. So I have a question, I'm on 15300 points after I missed few nodes as I was too busy. Will I do the nodes when I get home then the refresh tomorrow or just wait until tomorrow and just go through the nodes once?? Will I lose out by just doing one?

Also I got a black obw cover. Currently she is 4-5-4 do I now make her 3-5-5??
  • Also I don't like smurfberry icon_e_sad.gif
  • HailMary
    Got approved for my greencard icon_e_smile.gif
    The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
    Will I do the nodes when I get home then the refresh tomorrow or just wait until tomorrow and just go through the nodes once?? Will I lose out by just doing one?
    I don't think you'll lose out on much. You'll probably lose out a bit, though?
    Also I got a black obw cover. Currently she is 4-5-4 do I now make her 3-5-5??
    YES.

Hmmm, I feel like I should congratulate you for... something. ... oh yeah, congrats on the OBW cover, dude!
  • Haha your right dlaw there's not much point trying to get IW covers but I haven't been in the same bracket as you all before so it'll be fun to see how we end up. Hopefully we can just stomp the others in our bracket.
  • So I just joined TBTI, and what do I see on the top of the player rankings? Someone is shielded at 73!!!!! Who in their right mind shields at 73? I want some of the money that guy must be flushing down the toilet on a daily basis.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    So I just joined TBTI, and what do I see on the top of the player rankings? Someone is shielded at 73!!!!! Who in their right mind shields at 73? I want some of the money that guy must be flushing down the toilet on a daily basis.

The really sad part to me is that it's pretty likely it's a newbie who doesn't understand the HP being wasted. If the game catches on for them, they wish they had it all back.
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    The really sad part to me is that it's pretty likely it's a newbie who doesn't understand the HP being wasted. If the game catches on for them, they wish they had it all back.
    Newbie scenario #1:
    1. Looks at leaderboard, sees a couple of shielded guys. Hilarisad story: until I was on the forums for about a week, I had literally no idea what the little shield icon meant. I thought it was a VIP status thing, esp. since everyone in the Elite tournament leaderboards is shielded 95% of the time.
    2. Gets attacked, possibly by a relatively monstrous tanked player. Perhaps s/he is unlucky, and gets attacked twice in quick succession.
    3. "OMFG, THIS IS WHAT PvP IS LIKE. RANDOM LOSING SUCKS!" Puts up shield.

Newbie scenario #2:
    1. "What's this icon?"
    2. "Shield? Maybe that's like a character buff/Mario's Gold Star?"
    3. <click> <click>
    4. ... W... T... F.
  • Turns out its actually quote viable by just doing one runtrough every day before the nodes disepears