DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Very good option is to join tourney near the end of the subevent. Almost everyone from top Alliances is focused on getting as many pts as possible, so there's quite a chance to get easy bracket (though You might expect some scAvengers in there icon_twisted.gif ).

As for my previous post - You guys really took it so seriously? icon_cool.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Very good option is to join tourney near the end of the subevent. Almost everyone from top Alliances is focused on getting as many pts as possible, so there's quite a chance to get easy bracket (though You might expect some scAvengers in there icon_twisted.gif ).

I don't take anything seriously in here, Emeryt. Except for the martinis.

I Finished FD at over 1000 points, 1007, I think, but only woke up to top 5. My last three nodes were WYP, IlPalazzo, and Jachdo. Wait, actually I cleared the Jachdo node as it was a retaliation and that couldn't stand. I even shielded, which I had not planned on, to preserve alliance score. We were number 2 when last I looked. It's going to be hard to beat Shield in a PvP.

I haven't started on my new nodes for UI-8 yet. Did a clear of the old ones at 5am last night after work. I'm at 9191 before any part of the second stage. Still trying to decide the best strategy; should I wait longer or jump in now?

I guess I'll grab a bracket for TBTI and see who I end up with.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Very good option is to join tourney near the end of the subevent. Almost everyone from top Alliances is focused on getting as many pts as possible, so there's quite a chance to get easy bracket (though You might expect some scAvengers in there icon_twisted.gif ).

Of course not! #MadeYaLook

Oh and to add I reached a milestone today. I just top 8'd my first Mags LR
  • damnit!

same bracket as dlaw for Best There is icon_cry.gif

well i guess one of will have to settle for second place icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    damnit!

GAUNTLET THROWN! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • damnit!

I'm actually not worried about the progression rewards in this one. I have really only tried to post high scores for alliance ranking. If you're there at the end, you can have first.

By the way, meet the newest member of my 141 club:
    2q1z37t.png
    Should help in this tourney!
  • I'm loving a boosted 141 Patch. Basic 3 matches are hitting for about 390 on green and 330 on red icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    If you're there at the end, you can have first.
    GAUNTLET THROWN BACK! icon_lol.gif

Congrats on Dead Max Patch, btw! icon_e_biggrin.gif

P.S. - I'm running on 4 hours of sleep and a headache, thus the caps-lock love. I may just start randomly crying in a bit. We'll see. ... whoops, too late.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    damnit!

I'm actually not worried about the progression rewards in this one. I have really only tried to post high scores for alliance ranking. If you're there at the end, you can have first.

Well seeing as how its just a bagwoman cover..eh yeah I might go for first for the hell of it but definitely not going to be upset if I dont make it
  • Oh yeah, and if you're wondering at the HP total, it's leftover from when I went mad and bought it for health packs during simulator. It's actually gone up since then! I'm trying to save it for when they open more alliance roster spots. I figure if I can get 300 more in rewards before then we can open two new slots. Which sounds ridiculous when I think about what other stuff that could do. But we always need more friends!
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Oh yeah, and if you're wondering at the HP total, it's leftover from when I went mad and bought it for health packs during simulator. It's actually gone up since then! I'm trying to save it for when they open more alliance roster spots. I figure if I can get 300 more in rewards before then we can open two new slots. Which sounds ridiculous when I think about what other stuff that could do. But we always need more friends!

Yeah I remember hearing about the one old friend you had to turn down because we were full. I kinda felt bad about that and really hope they do allow for at least 5 more alliance slots sometime in the near future.
    Just to remind you, go ahead and DM your paypal addy and i'll toss you the $5 i wanted to to help support the alliance.
    If it makes you feel any better just think of it as me buying you a drink for running the best alliance in the game icon_mrgreen.gif
  • dlaw - That is ridiculous. Let the rest of us help you out. I still owe a slot or two.

Anyway, Hulk help peoples. My Hulk is 5/4/4, and I now have three shiny new Hulk covers. Green is obviously ISO, but funnily enough, I think 5/4/4 (which are the covers I've previously won / drawn from tokens) is my preferred build. I've never had to choose, because I've not had a fifth Red or Black cover - till now.

I quite like Red, though the better the board for green (desert), the harder it is to fire red without damage. I'm also not sure I want to give up the four greens from Anger just for a bit more damage from a Red which I only occasionally use. Similarly, a fifth black would generate one more green tile on Anger, AND do damage - but it does damage to your allies to.

Any thoughts? Any argument for me going either 5 Red or 5 Black?
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Oh yeah, and if you're wondering at the HP total, it's leftover from when I went mad and bought it for health packs during simulator. It's actually gone up since then! I'm trying to save it for when they open more alliance roster spots. I figure if I can get 300 more in rewards before then we can open two new slots. Which sounds ridiculous when I think about what other stuff that could do. But we always need more friends!

Just to remind you, go ahead and DM your paypal addy and i'll toss you the $5 i wanted to to help support the alliance.
    If it makes you feel any better just think of it as me buying you a drink for running the best alliance in the game icon_mrgreen.gif

Ooh, I will do this too!
  • allorin wrote:
    dlaw - That is ridiculous. Let the rest of us help you out. I still owe a slot or two.

Anyway, Hulk help peoples. My Hulk is 5/4/4, and I now have three shiny new Hulk covers. Green is obviously ISO, but funnily enough, I think 5/4/4 (which are the covers I've previously won / drawn from tokens) is my preferred build. I've never had to choose, because I've not had a fifth Red or Black cover - till now.

I quite like Red, though the better the board for green (desert), the harder it is to fire red without damage. I'm also not sure I want to give up the four greens from Anger just for a bit more damage from a Red which I only occasionally use. Similarly, a fifth black would generate one more green tile on Anger, AND do damage - but it does damage to your allies to.

Any thoughts? Any argument for me going either 5 Red or 5 Black?

I had the same thoughts when i had a 5/3/4 hulk and then lucked out into a black cover from a token so added it not thinking anything about it.
    OMG its flat crazy to see what it does with strike tiles on the table from either patch or punisher.
    5/3/5 hulk is just silly fun/good

-edit- to clarify the Hulk will do 60 to each of my guys and like 500+ to all of theirs for each time the black procs
  • 5/3/5 Hulk is the way to go. 5 black is ESSENTIAL. It is his signature ability. His red and green are fair, but don't match up to who his teammates are likely to be. I think the 5 green is better because the red is more expensive and trickier (you WILL be counting green tiles).

Guys - Don't worry about the money I spent, like I said I got it to buy health packs with when I was nerd-raging and of course I bought a bigger deal than just enough for 5 health packs. I intended (even then) to save most of it as long as I could for roster slots. But believe me, I have been tempted to spend more of it than I did.

Oh and one last thing - I had seen this exchange in the Unstable Iso-8 thread yesterday(?):
    Ghast wrote:
    I snuck in an hour ago to get a bracket without much competition.

Got stuck with the Ferret. No free ride this time.

I'm lurking in the shadows of your bracket as well. icon_twisted.gif

It tickles me to see others scared of us. It was just icing on the cake when Polarity chimed in.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    5/3/5 Hulk is the way to go. 5 black is ESSENTIAL. It is his signature ability. His red and green are fair, but don't match up to who his teammates are likely to be. I think the 5 green is better because the red is more expensive and trickier (you WILL be counting green tiles).

Guys - Don't worry about the money I spent, like I said I got it to buy health packs with when I was nerd-raging and of course I bought a bigger deal than just enough for 5 health packs. I intended (even then) to save most of it as long as I could for roster slots. But believe me, I have been tempted to spend more of it than I did.

Oh and one last thing - I had seen this exchange in the Unstable Iso-8 thread yesterday(?):
    Ghast wrote:
    I snuck in an hour ago to get a bracket without much competition.

Got stuck with the Ferret. No free ride this time.

I'm lurking in the shadows of your bracket as well. icon_twisted.gif

It tickles me to see others scared of us. It was just icing on the cake when Polarity chimed in.

LoL! i totally missed that post.
    *puffs up chest and feels accomplished*
    icon_cool.gif
  • OK, 5/3/5 it is. Now I just need to get Punisher or Patch covers! Thanks guys.
  • HailMary
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    If dlaw lets this happen, I want in.
    dlaw wrote:
    Heh, I saw that. That was rather amusing, though I suspect that may be more about Ferret's own rep than Django's, though we obviously buff his PvP intimidation factor by at least 40 levels. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Another thought about Hulk 5K synergy: imagine Hulk + Dakenator.

Hulk + Dakenator + third tank would be, in my mind, an extremely unpleasant defensive team to go up against.
  • HailMary wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    If dlaw lets this happen, I want in.
    dlaw wrote:
    Heh, I saw that. That was rather amusing, though I suspect that may be more about Ferret's own rep than Django's, though we obviously buff his PvP intimidation factor by at least 40 levels. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Another thought about Hulk 5K synergy: imagine Hulk + Dakenator.

Hulk + Dakenator + third tank would be, in my mind, an extremely unpleasant defensive team to go up against.

Well Panther DOES come to mind....
  • HailMary
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Well Panther DOES come to mind....
    Yep, I was thinking of Panther or LThor as a third, but I thought I'd leave it up to people with actual 3* experience to better fill in that blank. icon_lol.gif