DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Speaking of which, I just got my 2nd Rage of the Panther from a standard token. Yay!
  • I was thinking hulk and panther, as well. Who do you attack first? It's almost a no win situation. You'd have to go after Panther first, hoping to get him before he gets off rage of the panther or starts dropping defense tiles. But all the while Daken is pumping out more and more strike tiles. Buy the time you trigger Hulk's anger a few times You have a screen full of strike tiles.

Of course spiderman kind of moots everyone, so there is that.
  • OMG!!! I just seen that Patch is buffed up to 281 for this event...Maybe i should join early and put him up with a lvl 1 juggs and lvl 6 Bullseye. How many people do you think wont pay attention to the Patch? icon_twisted.gif
    HailMary wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Well Panther DOES come to mind....
    Yep, I was thinking of Panther or LThor as a third, but I thought I'd leave it up to people with actual 3* experience to better fill in that blank. icon_lol.gif

Honestly either would be fine. Just a matter of using what you got and what you like
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    OMG!!! I just seen that Patch is buffed up to 281 for this event...Maybe i should join early and put him up with a lvl 1 juggs and lvl 6 Bullseye. How many people do you think wont pay attention to the Patch? icon_twisted.gif
    HailMary wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Well Panther DOES come to mind....
    Yep, I was thinking of Panther or LThor as a third, but I thought I'd leave it up to people with actual 3* experience to better fill in that blank. icon_lol.gif

Honestly either would be fine. Just a matter of using what you got and what you like

I have more covers for my X-Force than I do my Patch. This makes me icon_cry.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I was thinking hulk and panther, as well. Who do you attack first? It's almost a no win situation. You'd have to go after Panther first, hoping to get him before he gets off rage of the panther or starts dropping defense tiles. But all the while Daken is pumping out more and more strike tiles. Buy the time you trigger Hulk's anger a few times You have a screen full of strike tiles.

Of course spiderman kind of moots everyone, so there is that.
    As long as you don't accidentally hit Hulk with an AoE, and solely focus on bursting down BP at the outset, it seems that you can at least try to reduce the growth of Hulkenator strike tiles. After BP is down, whittle down Dakenator, then chip away at Hulk. No?
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    How many people do you think wont pay attention to the Patch? icon_twisted.gif
    These are, by far, the failed attacks I love the most. icon_lol.gif
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    OMG!!! I just seen that Patch is buffed up to 281 for this event...Maybe i should join early and put him up with a lvl 1 juggs and lvl 6 Bullseye. How many people do you think wont pay attention to the Patch? icon_twisted.gif

Hmm....

Don't mind me. I'm just taking notes.
  • Whittling down a 115 Dakenator is probably easier said than done. His self-heal at 69 is annoying. You'll need a massive strike like a Magnetic Translocation to get rid of him. Or a stun. Maybe good place for Shieldbro?
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Whittling down a 115 Dakenator is probably easier said than done. His self-heal at 69 is annoying. You'll need a massive strike like a Magnetic Translocation to get rid of him. Or a stun. Maybe good place for Shieldbro?
    Yep, I'm guessing that any medium damage attacks (e.g. LThor R) would be reduced to "whittling" by Dakenator's self-heal. You'd need the same hitter you used to burst down BP. Shieldbro was exactly the person I was thinking of. His 5R nuke has the added advantage of using countdown placement to prevent an imminent green match.

Come to think of it, Shieldbro is a near-perfect tactical foil for Hulkenator: blue-stun Dakenator when you're forced to make a green match (adding a protect tile), hit him with R, use Y when you happen to get to 19 Y. When Dakenator is down, do the same for Hulk, using B-then-R on the same turn to prevent HULK YOLO. If I haven't overlooked anything major... holy ****, Shieldbro is even more of a beast than I'd thought.

EDIT: Now I definitely need to get a complete Gold Triumvirate... and level up Hulk. Do you think L102 3K Hulk (w/ L102 LThor & BP) is effective as a defensive scarecrow against 3xL100 opponents?
  • What is Shieldbro?!
  • HailMary
    FoxMulder wrote:
    What is Shieldbro?!
    IceIX played a prank on the forum for April Fool's, autocorrecting (tinykitty-style) all character names to more whimsical versions. For example, Cap became "Shieldbro," Punisher became "Littlebunnypunpun," etc. There's a thread listing them somewhere. icon_razz.gif

Shieldbro was pretty apt, so I guess we're keeping it for 3* Cap, though I shall still dub him Mr. Rogers at my leisure. icon_lol.gif
  • HailMary wrote:
    FoxMulder wrote:
    What is Shieldbro?!
    IceIX played a prank on the forum for April Fool's, autocorrecting (tinykitty-style) all character names to more whimsical versions. For example, Cap became "Shieldbro," Punisher became "Littlebunnypunpun," etc. There's a thread listing them somewhere. icon_razz.gif

Shieldbro was pretty apt, so I guess we're keeping it for 3* Cap, though I shall still dub him Mr. Rogers at my leisure. icon_lol.gif

Ooooooh! That's what I get for being in class all day.
  • HailMary wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    dlaw wrote:
    It tickles me to see others scared of us. It was just icing on the cake when Polarity chimed in.
    Heh, I saw that. That was rather amusing, though I suspect that may be more about Ferret's own rep than Django's,

Forgot to reply to this earlier. No, I totally get that it's not Django membership that people are afraid of, it's Ferret, himself. I didn't mean it that way.

Ferret is a bad-****. That's why we picked him up, remember? Remember all those long PM conversations we had when we were recruiting about how Ferret was a jerk and nobody liked him, but he scores well so we should bring him in anyway? Don't you remember that? When allorin said what he was going to do to him if he ever met him in person? And how Tempest said he would rather be alliance mates with a deadly tarantula than with Ferret, but we all outvoted him?

Don't you remember that?
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    dlaw wrote:
    It tickles me to see others scared of us. It was just icing on the cake when Polarity chimed in.
    Heh, I saw that. That was rather amusing, though I suspect that may be more about Ferret's own rep than Django's,

Forgot to reply to this earlier. No, I totally get that it's not Django membership that people are afraid of, it's Ferret, himself. I didn't mean it that way.

Ferret is a bad-****. That's why we picked him up, remember? Remember all those long PM conversations we had when we were recruiting about how Ferret was a jerk and nobody liked him, but he scores well so we should bring him in anyway? Don't you remember that? When allorin said what he was going to do to him if he ever met him in person? And how Tempest said he would rather be alliance mates with a deadly tarantula than with Ferret, but we all outvoted him?

Don't you remember that?

Okay totally read this and LoL'd at a most unfortunate time :p
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:

Don't you remember that?
    Oh yeah. Man, Tempest still owes me $10, since Ferret has yet to scream "EAT MY DUST!" at us, and it's been way more than 5 days since he joined.
  • HailMary wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

Don't you remember that?
    Oh yeah. Man, Tempest still owes me $10, since Ferret has yet to scream "EAT MY DUST!" at us, and it's been way more than 5 days since he joined.
    icon_eek.gif
  • HailMary
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    icon_eek.gif
    I know, right?

Everything bad in this alliance has always, without fail, come from the people whose names start with T. I'm keeping a close eye on Tannen. He seems like good Teeple, but ya never know.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    allorin wrote:
    I have more covers for my X-Force than I do my Patch. This makes me icon_cry.gif

ha-ha-nelson-1218493842478_f.jpg

I kid, I kid. I just found a dryer sheet that's apparently been in my shirt all day. Smooth...
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    HailMary wrote:
    Everything bad in this alliance has always, without fail, come from the people whose names start with T. I'm keeping a close eye on Tannen. He seems like good Teeple, but ya never know.

T_T It's true. I was trying to hide it, but I'm secretly plotting all your downfalls. I keep all the details in my little book of people-who-need-to-be-taken-down. I don't know how HailMary spotted it. But it's true.

But know you all know it's cool to do it in the open, right? Mwhahahahaha!

Re: hulk. Definitely do 5 black. I think that 5 green is probably better than 5 red for defensive matters, as that will destroy more tiles and have a better chance at taking out enemy strike tiles / web tiles / etc. The way that I look at it, it's one of the few ways that the ai actively destroys "special tiles" so lets help it as much as possible. Also, the AI doesn't count green before it hits red, so you're gonna get the occasional backwash which may hurt your dudes when the ai plays him, so let's minimise that damage too.

And I would totally love to contribute a spot to the alliance. If they open more, I'd be happy to grab it with HPs or to send ya cash. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HailMary
    Tannen wrote:
    Re: hulk. Definitely do 5 black. I think that 5 green is probably better than 5 red for defensive matters, as that will destroy more tiles and have a better chance at taking out enemy strike tiles / web tiles / etc. The way that I look at it, it's one of the few ways that the ai actively destroys "special tiles" so lets help it as much as possible. Also, the AI doesn't count green before it hits red, so you're gonna get the occasional backwash which may hurt your dudes when the ai plays him, so let's minimise that damage too.
    Henh-henh, "backwash." My mental video right now:

Hulk: HULK GARGLE! R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R! <hulk-spit>
    Thor: <gets splashed> Ugh, foul beast! While I admire your commitment to oral hygiene, you would do well to improve your aim, lest you wish to taste the might of Mjolnir!
    Darcy: Mia-mia!
    Nelson: Ha ha!
  • So I'm not sure what to do about TBTI. I have a 3/3/4 awolv at level 6, a 2/0/1 patch at level 15, and a 1/1/0 xforce at 30. Patch I like, once he has enough covers to be useful. Awolv I am unimpressed with and have no need for, and xforce is **** at the moment. I'm thinking of just bumping up patch the few levels and not bothering with the others. What do you guys think?