DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Options

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Oh, right, Emeryt: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4452&p=73621#p73621

He'd be a good addition.

And yeah, Polarity has been incredibly helpful in terms of giving me pointers for progression. WYP and Nemek are cool dudes.

Edit: Man, Emeryt is a pretty darn driven player. Sweet.
  • Lol, EmeryT has started an alliance with another forum member. I guess as soon as R49 hit lots of alliances opened new spots and sucked up the available people. I could do an open recruitment call on this forum, so that people know we have spots available. From there, if there is enough interest, we could accept any comers based on their forum history (i.e. if they are friendly). What do you all think?
  • Good idea.
  • i could buy a slot to if its like 700 HP as i only have 800 a he moment lol.

yeah im gonna msg Ice jus to see what he says icon_e_smile.gif

I passed the ladder too last night icon_e_smile.gif

Also finished 2nd in the outlaw tourny so now i have max covers for iron man.......tempted to level him next
  • We will probably be good at 8 for now. No need to blow your shield money! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hiya, just got invited via PM and joined the alliance. Name is Rajj in game, the forum wouldn't allow a 4 letter name or something. Been playing a few weeks, but the bug hit hard and been playing a ton. Roster is coming along nicely as I managed to chain wins of featured characters repeatedly Psylocke, Punisher, Black Panther which allowed me to do well in the recent events. Looking forward to much alliance fun.
  • HailMary
    Options
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Hiya, just got invited via PM and joined the alliance. Name is Rajj in game, the forum wouldn't allow a 4 letter name or something. Been playing a few weeks, but the bug hit hard and been playing a ton. Roster is coming along nicely as I managed to chain wins of featured characters repeatedly Psylocke, Punisher, Black Panther which allowed me to do well in the recent events. Looking forward to much alliance fun.

Welcome! Glad to hear the bug is hitting hard. Being an alliance named after a dark comedy about slavery and a smooth-talking assassin, we're all about recreation, dedication, and communication. icon_lol.gif(Ed. - That's not our marketing spiel, but it should be!)
  • Got top 4 and top 20 on the latest subs and really lucked out on the three heroics. Red hulk, purple obw and purple Loki. Although I'm still torn as to whether I want to upgrade obw purple or keep it cheap at level 1. Thoughts?
  • HailMary
    Options
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Got top 4 and top 20 on the latest subs and really lucked out on the three heroics. Red hulk, purple obw and purple Loki. Although I'm still torn as to whether I want to upgrade obw purple or keep it cheap at level 1. Thoughts?

Nice! For OBW, I'd personally level it up, if only for the level-cap boost. Going from 5 AP to 7 AP on power cost is usually one extra match, but keep in mind that Espionage triggers 1 purple steal for every purple match she makes. One extra rainbow of AP is pretty sweet.
  • I, personally, am in the "OBW is best with 5 purple" camp. I'm sure you looked up the threads in the character discussion, so you know both sides of the issue, but I find fighting against the OBW with 5 purple covers to be significantly more dangerous than with fewer. Basically the second use of AggRecon with 5 purple is cheaper than the first casting with 4 or 3. If you get hit with the 3 or 4 cover version, you can exhale and go on about your business. If you get hit with the 5 cover version, there is a reasonable chance that you are a purple match away from getting hit again.

Mine used to be 5/5/3, but I respecced her lately to 5/4/4, I would rather give up her blue 'half-heal with countdowns' than drop a purple cover.

But some others feel very differently.
  • Welcome to all new members, don't be shy. We are a friendly bunch here (except Cleo) the more we talk, the better icon_e_wink.gif

So anyways I have done precisely ONE match in the Hulk event since nearly a day. I figured that cause I passéd the 200,000 mark there is no need. That one match was worth over 2000 points which I guess is cause I'm not playing lol

I finished 2nd yesterday in the outlaw tourny. I think I have these pvp worked out now. in the low time while I ain't doing anything, I retreat from shield matches with my lowest squad members, about 30-50 times which takes like 20 minutes. Then I face off against low teams all the way to the 600 points mark without the need for health packs or anything. It's worked the last 3 tourneys so before I join each one I just retreat some more icon_e_smile.gif
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I, personally, am in the "OBW is best with 5 purple" camp. I'm sure you looked up the threads in the character discussion, so you know both sides of the issue, but I find fighting against the OBW with 5 purple covers to be significantly more dangerous than with fewer. Basically the second use of AggRecon with 5 purple is cheaper than the first casting with 4 or 3. If you get hit with the 3 or 4 cover version, you can exhale and go on about your business. If you get hit with the 5 cover version, there is a reasonable chance that you are a purple match away from getting hit again.

Mine used to be 5/5/3, but I respecced her lately to 5/4/4, I would rather give up her blue 'half-heal with countdowns' than drop a purple cover.

But some others feel very differently.

i agree, i want her last purple too, i figured once i get Iron man leveled up. they would be a purple generating machine icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hey Gang icon_e_smile.gif Not sure what the max roster size is for an alliance --- but Ima send a "join request" in the hopes there is room for me later if not atm icon_e_wink.gif
    Cheers icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Hi all.

I'm kinda new to the game. Grinded in the prologue for about a month before discovering the events. So now I have a maxed out 1-star team (Iron Man - Black Widow - Storm) and am working on a 2-star team (Thor - OBW - Wolverine?) but still need a bunch of covers.

Not sure what the 'alliances' are all about and how they are going to be used...lets see...
  • Hello all.

I just joined the alliance and glad to see some active people around here.

All this seems to bring me luck, just got a red punisher cover from a heroic token. That's pretty much the best cover for me at the moment icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    Options
    VeikkaA That luck is ALL ME! icon_lol.gif TheUnwiseOne can attest to that.

dlaw008 and TheUnwiseOne:
    Keep in mind that Rajj is talking about 1 purple vs. 2 purple. The only real debate is between 3 purple and 5 purple, so I think we're all in the "at least 2 purple" camp. icon_cool.gif

dlaw008: I've never had 5 purple covers in OBW, so I don't have a feel for it, but it takes 11 AP to trigger 5-cover AggRecon, which then steals a max of 4 purple. That 7-purple differential is the same as the naked cost of 3-cover AggRecon. So, how does 5-cover AggRecon cycle faster?

TheUnwiseOne: I'm still going for Top 200, so I still need to grind Hulk a bit. What's your current rank? icon_e_confused.gif I need to try your Training-tanking strategy for PvP, though. Once I hit 150-200 points in PvP with my 2* core team, I barely see anyone with non-featured chars below level 60.
  • I think 3 covers costs 8. 5 covers is 11, but gets back 4, so the second costs 7, essentially. So, assuming two uses, five covers gets you a potential 8 (but four purple are spent) for 18, while 3 covers gets you 6 of three colors (it's just three at three covers, right?), for 16. But don't forget you are taking away the enemy AP also.

You'll never get the maximum AP, but keep in mind the AP you steal on the second go around is probably their most precious. It's the stuff that they built up the most because it fuels their most important abilities. I think that point is what gets lost when people debate about this. At 3 covers it kind of sucks to get hit with it, but at five covers it can be a real killer.
  • HailMary
    Options
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I think 3 covers costs 8. 5 covers is 11, but gets back 4, so the second costs 7, essentially. So, assuming two uses, five covers gets you a potential 8 (but four purple are spent) for 18, while 3 covers gets you 6 of three colors (it's just three at three covers, right?), for 16. But don't forget you are taking away the enemy AP also.

You'll never get the maximum AP, but keep in mind the AP you steal on the second go around is probably their most precious. It's the stuff that they built up the most because it fuels their most important abilities. I think that point is what gets lost when people debate about this. At 3 covers it kind of sucks to get hit with it, but at five covers it can be a real killer.
    You're right, Recon3 costs 8 purple -- I was still thinking of Rajj's Recon2 option. Good point about the later steal being more precious. I've definitely been on the business end of that, and it's often when the match starts collapsing. Food for thought.
  • Im in 300th right now, i haven't dropped much at all since i stopped playing. Guess a few people had the same idea as me lol yeah i went to check on the black panther tournament today and no matter how many times i skipped,everyone was level 85 (cause i won game after game in outlaw) so i went and retreated in shield and now they are all back to level 20's icon_e_smile.gif
  • With him being buffed in the Hulk event and now in his tourney, I've experimented using BP on a lot of different team configurations, but haven't found anything I'm especially happy with. I'm beginning to worry that he is a second tier character without a good home. Which saddens me, since I really liked him. How do you guys play him?