DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Options

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Question: For Divine Champions, do you guys think I should go for the green C.Storm or a blue IM40? My C.Storm has 11 covers already, and my IM40 has 4 covers.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Question: For Divine Champions, do you guys think I should go for the green C.Storm or a blue IM40? My C.Storm has 11 covers already, and my IM40 has 4 covers.

I'm not totally sold on IM40 as a 3* guy. He's definitely the third guy on any team, and mostly just there for his yellow to provide AP for your class "A" hitters. On the other hand, CStorm is a solid 2* and it seems as though she gets buffed a lot for events. I'm actually leveling my CStorm right now, while some of my other guys are cover capped. But then again, 3* covers are always in shorter supply, so I don't know.

In another note, I am still a total failure in PVE. I'm pretty sure it's because I am not able to set aside scheduled blocks of time to maximize my scores. I can do okay at PvP because for those events I can play a few minutes here and there and keep up. Oh well.
  • HailMary
    Options
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm not totally sold on IM40 as a 3* guy. He's definitely the third guy on any team, and mostly just there for his yellow to provide AP for your class "A" hitters.
    Yeah that seems to be the consensus. Man, it sucks that there are no 2-cover/3-cover C.Storm tiers, else I'd be able to max out my C.Storm tomorrow.
    dlaw008 wrote:
    In another note, I am still a total failure in PVE. I'm pretty sure it's because I am not able to set aside scheduled blocks of time to maximize my scores. I can do okay at PvP because for those events I can play a few minutes here and there and keep up. Oh well.
    I've just been doing two refreshes: first one between 15 hours and 9 hours before subevent end, and the other within 2 hours of subevent end. I've gotten 8 Hulk/Heroic tokens that way, so far. No need to grind down to 1 point for all nodes. At most, I've ground 4 nodes total (across all Hulk runs) down to 1 point, and I'm consistently above #300 in the main.

The timing on the first run is just to make sure you don't get bracketed with the people doing 3 8-hour refreshes while allowing enough time for the 8-hour refresh before the end.
  • Yeah have to agree about IM40. Hes very much a support character and only makes it into a team for his yellow ability in support of your hard hitters. Even then I feel like there are better options if your going to spend a team slot on a support character.

Shame really as I'm a big Iron man fan outside of MPQ.
  • HailMary
    Options
    Cool. I'll probably grind up to 300 for the Heroic token, then retreat-tank to the top C.Storm tier.

Seeing as how Iron Man is very much "I have a plan: attack," it's strange that IM40's strongest MPQ role is as a support tank.
  • So the most horrible thing happened to ne today in the Hulk event and i could not believe it could happen but its 100% true.

it was my team of Punisher-100, OBW-81 and Thor 56, with a combined health of over 15,000 against
    Venom,Ragnorak and Daken all Level 64

i took my first go and matched 4 red

Ragnorak then took his and matched red....which resulted in a small cascade.

i took my second go and matched some blue

Ragnorak fired off his special which resulted in a huge cascade that just kept on going and going which resulted in him and Venom firing off special after special until my entire team was dead....

.....AFTER 2 TURNS!!!!!
  • HailMary
    Options
    Ouch.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing more than two refreshes this time around, since the subs are TWO DAYS long.
  • I had an almost identical experience against a Ragnarok/ Bullseye and I think Yelena team once! It was magic cascade into Godlike Power into more cascades into Aggressive Recon or whatever Yelena's ability is called; Bullseye fired off his ridiculous 19 AP crit-tile making ability TWICE! I've never seen the like since. I remember thinking, my god that's like 40 black AP! Holy tinykitty!
  • What's everybodys points like so far? Sitting on just under 90000 so that 8000 iso reward is not to far away icon_e_smile.gif

Also has anyone started Divine Champions yet? is every team filled with Thor? Mines only level 56.Is it better to go with Punisher,Storm and OBW, or replace punisher with another buffed hero like Ares or Thor?
  • What's everybodys points like so far? Sitting on just under 90000 so that 8000 iso reward is not to far away icon_e_smile.gif

Also has anyone started Divine Champions yet? is every team filled with Thor? Mines only level 56.Is it better to go with Punisher,Storm and OBW, or replace punisher with another buffed hero like Ares or Thor?

Yes, everybody's team has Thor and OBW. Like, EVERYBODY's. The third character is usually one of the Storms, but some people are doubling up on the Green/ Yellow/ red thing with Ares, too. I started with Thor/ Cstorm/ Hulk, but Espionage and Aggressive recon was just too much for me to handle sometimes, so I had to switch out Hulk for OBW. But buffed Cstorm was tanking all OBW's colors except purple, so I switched her out for max Punisher. This team is working fairly well, but I think the nature of the tournament and the competition kind of push Thor and OBW on you.
  • HailMary
    Options
    I'm at just under 85000, but I haven't started any subs this round yet. I'm gonna start them all at just under 24 hours from end, and try to do three refreshes.

I've started Divine Champions. It's pretty dead, and I'm far above my goal of the top C.Storm tier. I'd run Ares instead of Punisher: Ares is buffed, so Thor + Ares is just a massive HP pool (probably a combined 14K for you). I'm running Thor/C.Storm/OBW. icon_lol.gif
  • Wow 4 subs. How are we supposed to do them all? There goes my top 1000 if people somehow manage to get all 4 done. Nearly on 100000 so gonna be able to level up OBW again. So close to maxing her. Then i can move onto Thor finally lol
  • HailMary
    Options
    With enemy levels where they are on some missions (L150+ villains), I'll probably only meaningfully do 3 subs for 3 refreshes. In Bolivia, I'm not gonna do anything but the relatively easy BP mission. I'll mainly be smacking the s--- out of the Hidden Stash subs and Amazon's character-locked missions.
  • Yeah can only do one mission in Bolivia too. But did 2 refreshes on the first hulk. And went through each mission once in the two new ones. Currently sitting in the top 100 in all subevents and in the top 200 overall still so its looking good. Might start divine champions soon and put up an 8 hour shield instead of a 3, so i can get back to the Hulk missions. Im on 103000 thousand now.at this rate ill clear all the ranking rewards lol
  • HailMary
    Options
    I'm kinda regretting not starting Amazon (first current sub) yesterday. Now, even it's got L127 villains. icon_eek.gif
  • Haha yeah i got 2 refreshes in on that one so im good icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    Options
    Allorin: I was looking through alliance rosters, seeing how much y'all have progressed, and noticed that you have MHawkeye and Cap maxed at L85. Any particular reason for that? Do you use them often? If so, what do you see as their strengths?
  • I have the Captains covers maxed, but i dont think i will ever level him up except when he is buffed. I hate the guy lol

Also my Punisher is 4-4-5 at the moment but i see the 2 progression rewards for him are black and green so i am going to repec him to a 5-5-3 icon_e_smile.gif oooh molotov power lol

Just sitting at 119,000 points right now, im loving this event, for some reason i can actually do this one. sitting in the top 150 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Also my Punisher is 4-4-5 at the moment but i see the 2 progression rewards for him are black and green so i am going to repec him to a 5-5-3 icon_e_smile.gif oooh molotov power lol
    If I may:

Don't.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Also my Punisher is 4-4-5 at the moment but i see the 2 progression rewards for him are black and green so i am going to repec him to a 5-5-3 icon_e_smile.gif oooh molotov power lol
    If I may:

Don't.

Mine is 3/5/5 and I couldn't be happier with how he plays. I've read a lot of people advocating 5/5/3, so that seems to be acceptable. Honestly, as long as the green is maxed you should be okay, but I love mine at 3/5/5. The 40% number comes into play more than you think, like buffed Ares and Thor, and especially Hulk.