DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Only 215k points icon_redface.gif

The dinosaur is so hard to kill icon_e_sad.gif
  • I think you should kill the dinosaur only once for the rewards and get your points elsewhere. Unless you want to almost perma stun the fight with buffs.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    JulietLima wrote:
    Only 215k points icon_redface.gif

Yeah, you need to deny red at all costs. Even then, you either need great luck, stunlock, or a tank beefy enough to take a Bite. I just did the Dino nodes once each. I have no intention of grinding those things.
  • HailMary wrote:
    JulietLima wrote:
    Only 215k points icon_redface.gif

Yeah, you need to deny red at all costs. Even then, you either need great luck, stunlock, or a tank beefy enough to take a Bite. I just did the Dino nodes once each. I have no intention of grinding those things.
    Same. I wanted to do them just once but it took me till today to kill both nodes LOL
  • Looks like there's a lot of points up for grabs this round, which is nice for the 250k progression reward. The easy sub has reached a point where someone who does a single clear can't catch up with the leaders, as with a 10x multiplier there are only 31.5k points on the board and the leaders are already at 34.8k and looks like they will be >50k by the end so make sure you're not too far behind to catch up going into the final refresh. Hard mode has 63k points available at 10x multiplier and leaders are on 42.7k points. Towards the end of last sub-event the hard fights were worth 3 or 4 times the points of the equivalent easy mode fights for me (and levels were level 228-230 for both) so it was most worthwhile doing those fights.
  • bughunt wrote:
    Looks like there's a lot of points up for grabs this round, which is nice for the 250k progression reward. The easy sub has reached a point where someone who does a single clear can't catch up with the leaders, as with a 10x multiplier there are only 31.5k points on the board and the leaders are already at 34.8k and looks like they will be >50k by the end so make sure you're not too far behind to catch up going into the final refresh. Hard mode has 63k points available at 10x multiplier and leaders are on 42.7k points. Towards the end of last sub-event the hard fights were worth 3 or 4 times the points of the equivalent easy mode fights for me (and levels were level 228-230 for both) so it was most worthwhile doing those fights.

Good analysis!

Hard mode has kicked my ****:

5e7jif.jpg

I'm currently 2 in Easy, 3 in Hard, 20 overall. One more refresh in me, but I'm going to be at work in meetings. I have a 30 min lunch - I'm going to have to make the most of it!

Good luck to the rest of you. This alliance is awesome - I'm very proud to be a part of it.
  • This has probably been the sub-event I've found the easiest as I've got LazyThor to level 128 (buffed to 217!) 3/5/4, and my other main heroes were in the 40-60 range to start with. I leveled some of them up to make it a bit easier and as a result I now have Psylocke level 45, Black Panther level 90 & Doom level 75. I must try to resist sticking iso into buffed characters and save it for my "A"-team.

Thor buffed to level 217 has 13259 health and hits for 1780 red, 3233 yellow and 4972/2486/2486 green. I'm tempted to put upgrade Thor to 3/5/5 so he hits for 5876/2938/2938, but I'd be down to 150 HP then and wouldn't have the iso to upgrade him above level 130 anyway, so probably better to wait till he appears in a tourney.
  • bughunt wrote:
    This has probably been the sub-event I've found the easiest as I've got LazyThor to level 128 (buffed to 217!) 3/5/4, and my other main heroes were in the 40-60 range to start with. I leveled some of them up to make it a bit easier and as a result I now have Psylocke level 45, Black Panther level 90 & Doom level 75. I must try to resist sticking iso into buffed characters and save it for my "A"-team.

Thor buffed to level 217 has 13259 health and hits for 1780 red, 3233 yellow and 4972/2486/2486 green. I'm tempted to put upgrade Thor to 3/5/5 so he hits for 5876/2938/2938, but I'd be down to 150 HP then and wouldn't have the iso to upgrade him above level 130 anyway, so probably better to wait till he appears in a tourney.

Wow. Jealous! My LThor is 0/1/3. His Green is still very useful buffed, but he's basically a one-trick pony at the moment.

This tourney has forced me to lvl Ares. He was around 45 when I started, he'll be 85 when I finish. Buffed, he's an absolute beast.
  • ****? Are You guys planning to win the whole Simulator? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    ****? Are You guys planning to win the whole Simulator? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I... guess so? I don't know how everyone else feels, but I was just hoping to do my best. I'm amazed and proud that everyone has done so well. I hope we do win the whole thing. That would be awesome!

(But good luck to you guys, too!)
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the well wishes dlaw, I'm also pretty surprised our "ineligible" group is doing so well given that we never imposed any set roster requirements.

Here's to being good on accident. Huzzah!

And emeryt as long as you're around, thank you for streamlining your signature, the original one was terrifying

Also, have y'all seen that praise the sun group? Sounds like whacko religious zealots. That's our schtick!
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    ****? Are You guys planning to win the whole Simulator? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I... guess so? I don't know how everyone else feels, but I was just hoping to do my best. I'm amazed and proud that everyone has done so well. I hope we do win the whole thing. That would be awesome!

(But good luck to you guys, too!)
    Nah... I don't feel the same... Winning's not for me. Rank 9999 let's go! icon_razz.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:

Planning? No. We're just working bloody hard!

Immensely proud of the team effort that has gone into this. I know I've put more energy and time into this PvE than I normally do, because I want to do my bit for the team. And I'm one of our lower scores! Everyone has put in tonnes of effort to support Django, and I'd love to see that rewarded. Either way though it's been lots of fun 'bonding' over the sheer hell that is PvE scaling. icon_e_biggrin.gif

We'll see what comes. I'm still waiting on S.H.I.E.L.D to pull it out of the bag after lulling us all into a false sense of security!
  • Thanks for the well wishes dlaw, I'm also pretty surprised our "ineligible" group is doing so well given that we never imposed any set roster requirements.

And emeryt as long as you're around, thank you for streamlining your signature, the original one was terrifying

Also, have y'all seen that praise the sun group? Sounds like whacko religious zealots. That's our schtick!

Yeah, it's great to see you guys and Scavengers up there. We all seem to have a similar ethos - have fun and kick **** icon_lol.gif - and I'm glad the 'hardcore' alliances are being given a run for their money.

Good luck for the final run. (You too, Emeryt!)
  • Emeryt wrote:

I thought we'd get top 10 based on previous performance & the first sub-event, but we seem to have improved throughout the event and have a decent chance of top 2 which is amazing. I'm not too bothered if we don't get it though because the end can be fairly brutal, but I'll try to get the highest score I can.
  • bughunt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I thought we'd get top 10 based on previous performance & the first sub-event, but we seem to have improved throughout the event and have a decent chance of top 2 which is amazing. I'm not too bothered if we don't get it though because the end can be fairly brutal, but I'll try to get the highest score I can.

That's all we ask, Djangolier!

That, and everyone taking their turn at karaoke. You MUST sing a song at the karaoke night. It's the rules.
  • HailMary
    I really haven't bothered checking Alliance rankings. Glad to hear that we have a shot at #1/2. I'm focused more on leisurely pwning my individual bracket. The alliance will take care of itself. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Thanks for the well wishes dlaw, I'm also pretty surprised our "ineligible" group is doing so well given that we never imposed any set roster requirements.

Don't you just love that? "Oh, I'm sorry, you noticed we're awesome? Yeah, we didn't really plan on it. We're just naturals, I guess.Funny, that." icon_razz.gif
    Pagans! Blasphemers! Burn/slice them at/with the stake/claw!
  • HailMary
    Sigh, I stopped just short of 250K. I really don't feel like grinding 100-pt nodes for those elusive 500-Iso rewards, and there aren't 2500 reliable points left in my subs due to suboptimal Hard rubberbanding. That's what I get for having evening plans and trying for PvP BP covers. On the plus side, across two fairly thorough sweeps, I used two health packs, because my buffed 3/4/3 LThor just beats the ever-living s--- out of everything. LThor + AWolv/OBW/Hood (depending on character lockouts) is serious business. So, I now have 6 health packs (got a 3-pack reward yesterday) to use for PvP and my final sweep. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Glad to see dlaw nippin' at my heels (and the 5DV in our bracket is nowhere to be seen). icon_e_biggrin.gif

Good luck to everyone! .. but, like, more luck to my fellow Djangoliers. icon_lol.gif
  • HailMary
    So, I just checked the Alliance rankings...

Holy civets! Congrats to everyone in this chat!
  • DJangoUnbuffed? I'm not buying it, these guys are juicin.

Someone call the commissioner and have these guys tested for gamer fuel and +1 to all AP-roids. icon_razz.gif